Thread: give me spoilers!!!

Default give me spoilers!!!

I've never seen anyone post a thread like this before, so I may be pioneer. I want to know all the story of X-2 without playing it. I know it sounds wierd, but I just don't have the time to play it and I'm really interested into what happens. I've played it a little and beat like the first two missions, but that's it. Can someone tell me what happens or direct me to somewhere, I can find it out?

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yuna & co. go looking for spheres but end up finding trouble. Then they save the day. The end.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

And they run into a dead guy that looks like Tidus but realy isn't

....you know they never realy explain why he looks exactly like tidus

Thats all- Tastey

i think i know why he looks like tidus, ok remember they told us that there was a war between zanarkand and bevelle a 100 years ago and then sin came and destroyed it. so the fayth to preserve zanarkand started to dream it up and all its people so i think that tidus was kinda like the shuyin of 1000 years ago just dreamed up by the fayth. i know theres a lot to go against this but its just a thought
    Dead for a thousand years,
    A great terror arose from the deep,
    It swept across the land,
    A lone past still lingers,
    Destiny cannot be denied,
    A burden grows heavier,
    To the kingdom of the sun,
    Across a vast sea,
    The journey home begins...

oh and tarshish depending on how you play the game the child fayth in x asks yuna does she want to see "him" again you then click yes and after the credits you see tidus appear in the water curled in a ball. you see this after the credits when you complete x also. he swims to the surface and then yuna in the airship comes and they live happily ever after. its a cool scene. i recommend you download it from some site where you can download all the fmv scenes from x2. enjoy
    Dead for a thousand years,
    A great terror arose from the deep,
    It swept across the land,
    A lone past still lingers,
    Destiny cannot be denied,
    A burden grows heavier,
    To the kingdom of the sun,
    Across a vast sea,
    The journey home begins...

I haven't finished playing the game yet but i'll be happly to relay the experience to you when I finish!

Blog Entries

It's worth trying to find the time to play it and experience the story for yourself. But if you insist...

SPOILERS AHEAD! (For those daft enough to look at the thread when they haven't finished it either)

First onto the point about Shuyin and Tidus... Somebody, I think Maechen, said that the Fayth were most likely thinking of Shuyin (the Tidus lookalike who died 1000 years ago) when they dreamt up Tidus because of the power of his story. So in a way, Shuyin is the "real" original person.

As for the story... Yuna joins a group of sphere hunters after she sees a badly degraded sphere of what appears to be Tidus in a prison. There she hangs out with Rikku again, meets an Auron-esque girl called Paine and has Brother (from FFX) as the captain. Brother speaks English now (in a funny accent) as he fancies the pants off Yuna (his cousin, no less) and acts like one of the girls which makes him look quite the plonker.

There is a rival sphere hunter group with this annoying bint for a leader called Er..LeBlanc, Loves. Her and Yuna's group (The Gullwings) dislike each other and steal from each other, but eventually they put their differences aside for the greater good.

The world is now divided into 3 factions - the Youth League, who want to expose the truth of Spira's past, New Yevon, who want to hide it and the Machine Faction who just want everyone to get along and tinker with Machina. New Yevon and the Youth League hate each other. Through all the poking around, Yuna, Rikku and Paine (YRP) find out about this weapon called Vegnagun concealed under Bevelle. It's a dangerous weapon, and it seems some angry-pants wants to use it to make a big smoking hole in Spira. Thus, as much as she'd love to sit around enjoying herself, she's finally convinced that it'd be a good idea to save the world again.

This leads to that and eventually they find that the guy who wants to blow up Spira is the Tidus lookalike. His name is Shuyin and he tried to do use Vegnagun 1000 years ago in the Bevelle-Zanarkand war to try and save his lover, Lenne, who is a summoner about to be sent to the front lines. Just before he uses it, Lenne finds him and is just about to tell him how she feels when some troops come in and shoot them both dead.

At one point, Yuna brings most of Spira's population to the Thunder Plains and sings 1000 Words at them from the airship. Due to some screen created by Shinra (not a president, but a little kid who "knows everything") to make Yuna easier to see at the back of the crowd, the memories of Lenne are reflected on the screen instead and the crowd witnesses the last moments of Shuyin and Lenne during the song. Lenne's reflection appears beside Yuna and they sing it together. Through the advice given in the words, the song and the images, New Yevon and the Youth League put their differences aside.

For 1000 years the memories of Shuyin have been reflected in the Pyreflies in the farplane (which, it turns out, is basically like Lifestream in FF7... it's the planet's life energy that swirls around inside it). His memory's feelings of hatred for the world become so powerful that they became a consciousness of their own that wants only to fade but can't. So failing that, he wants to wipe out Spira.

The rest of the world is still in awe at the Eternal Calm and tourists flock to the Calm Lands and the Zanarkand Ruins. Yuna gets somewhat peeved that the Zanarkand Ruins isn't the peaceful place she remembers and falls out with Cid for the rest of the game for turning it into a tourist attraction.

The Aeons somehow return as enemies, probably being controlled by Shuyin, and you have to go to the various temples to kill them again. Late in the game the little boy fayth explains what happened and asks for forgiveness. (I didn't entirely understand this bit). When they get dragged out of the farplane back into the upper world, it makes an ugly great hole each time that a living person can jump into to reach the farplane.

After running around picking up spheres and solving the world's problems (if you so choose you can find a way to remove the tourists from Zanarkand, save the Guado from the wrath of the Ronso, reunite Dona and Bartello as they were in the opposing factions etc) and finding out some interesting facts that you didn't know before (Maechen is 1000 years old, lived in Zanarkand and forgot that he was unsent. In the end he finally fades away) it's time to find Shuyin.

Through the farplane you team up with Spira's leaders (of the 3 factions) who have also had a big story going, and dismantle Vegnagun. Controlling it is Shuyin, and Yuna delivers the message that Lenne wanted to tell him just before he died (that she loved him). Shuyin is delusional but finally notices that it's not Lenne, it's Yuna. After a final battle the memories of Lenne appear from Yuna's dressphere and she appears as a projection by the Pyreflies. This Lenne finally tells Shuyin they can fade together, and it's all over.

The ending mainly concerns the 3 leaders, who were originally best friends but at least 2 drove their factions to war against each other. They're now all buddies again and apologise to the world for the way they acted towards each other, the distress they caused and now make an effort to unite the world as one.
    If you so desire, and do things correctly, the Fayth can make Tidus return as a real person and Yuna is delighted. If not, he doesn't return, but Yuna puts on a happy face anyway and the game ends.

That's it in a rather large nutshell
    There's a lot more to it, but it'd take forever to type.
    Last edited by Cloudane; 06-06-2004 at 06:34 PM.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

You missed out all the sexual innuendo.
    "As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless,
    uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?"

Blog Entries

I mentioned that Brother fancies the pants off Yuna, and that about sums up the rest of the game as far as that's concerned