Thread: that evil machine!

Default that evil machine!

ok so after a long period of boredom i have decided to start ff8 again. this time i really wanna defeat that big spider thing at the SeeD test, but it keeps repairing itself! 3 successive ultimas + 2 gf attacks or The End wouldnt kill it! have any of u guys killed it b4 an if so how???? PLEASE help im begging you!!!!
    /

Doomed Otaku of the void aeris2001x2's Avatar

u can only finish it on the bridge. i just defeated it like 6 or so times with thudara and quezacotl up to the bridge. then there if u beat it it will explode. u get like 50ap for each victory so i had about 400 ap or so

the key is to be fast. i,m not sure how strong i was when i beat it but i was pretty hard so u made need some more lving and junctioning.
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster
    "...Shut up. The cycle of nature and your stupid plan don't mean
    a thing. Aeris is gone. Aeris will no longer talk, no longer laugh,
    cry...... or get angry...... What about us...... what are WE supposed
    to do? What about my pain? My fingers are tingling. My mouth is dry. My
    eyes are burning!" Cloud- FF7

How did you have Ultimas in that stage of the game?

Seriously, if you know the secret to getting Ultimas this early in the game then should beating a metal spider be all that difficult for you?

Fight it all 8 times and you'll defeat it on the bridge.
    Need you
    Dream
    you
    Find
    you
    Taste
    you
    Use
    you
    Scar
    you
    Break
    you

Lose
    me
    Hate
    me
    Smash
    me
    Erase
    me
    Kill
    Me

i got ultima and meteor etc. from selphies limit breaks- they do the damage without wasting time waiting for a GF to finish its attack. And thanx sooo much 4 all ur help! I still havent beaten it, but im gettin really close now!
    /

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You must fight it at least twice, but then you can defeat it for good - as the others have said. My advice would be to give Squall the elemental-attack of Thunder and also junction to increase his HP. Then, get his HP down so you can keep using Renzokuken. He'll deal a lot of damage. If you drew Double spells from the Evloret on top of the tower, use those so that your best magic-user can cast two thunder, thundara or Water spells on every turn. Your third character - usually Zell, in this case - should either attack normally or summon Quetzacotl, but he should definitely be ready as a healer, just in case.
    Simply keep attacking, and the machine will go down in flames eventually.