Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Soul Calibur 2

*permanently smitten*
    A Vey Good Friend
    Blog Entries

Grin

It's a fun game, I played it a lot at Joe's house.

Unfortunately it is filled with stupid characters that should die and weren't in Soulblade.

Eoff + Fabio = Win Lord Chainsaw's Avatar

I'll tell you what I love about Soul Calibur.

There's no damn 700 hit combos that take away 9/10ths of your life bar when used against you.

I swear these ridiculous combos are the reason I stopped playing 2D fighters after Mortal Kombat III came out. I haven't seen much of that in 3D fighters like Soul Calibur, and I'm glad.

The matches are great and tactical. It's not about you making one mistake and having the other guy pull off a 30 hit combo taking you down from full to nothing (I'm looking at you... yes YOU Killer Instinct) it's more like a game of chess.

You screw up and make one bad move, that's okay. You just put your guard up, keep attacking and wait for your opponent to make a mistake. The really good fights are almost like a game of chess, really. I like that.

My favorite character to use is Seung Mina. She was my favorite in the original one... Soul Edge I think it was called. I just started using her in this new one out of sheer respect. Then she grew on me and I got even better with her. I wouldn't say I'm that good, but I can hold my own when I have to.

To hell with Battletoads and Double Dragon.
    THIS is the ultimate team.

great game but the weapon mastery mode is killin' meh!

Blog Entries

I like Soul Cnalibur 2 the best of all the Soul series. The characters aren't as evenly matched and it's fun to try and make the most out of those that aren't as good.

Contradicting what I just said, I use Kilik, Nightmare, Raphael, Cassandra, Cervantes and as of last week, Ivy. Sometimes I use Charade as well because I'm decent with everyone but when I get any of the above, I'm deadly.

Link, Spawn and Heihachi are novelty characters, they are made to be better than everyone else. I've found them all too overpowered and too easy to use which is why everyone finds it so easy to win battles with them. It's fun to use them but I prefer sticking to the default character set simply because my PS2 SC2 serves only as trainig for my performance on Conquest mode on the machines.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo-Nercył
    Link, Spawn and Heihachi are novelty characters, they are made to be better than everyone else. I've found them all too overpowered and too easy to use which is why everyone finds it so easy to win battles with them. It's fun to use them but I prefer sticking to the default character set simply because my PS2 SC2 serves only as trainig for my performance on Conquest mode on the machines.
    Heehee. You have to be careful who you say that around. Many 'hardcore' SCplayers say that people who pour their quarters into conquest mode are 'noobs'. As for me, I find conquest a nice distraction when there aren't any good players around, but nothing beats the solid competition of a good fight versus another great human player. But again, I think that conquest is pretty fun. I stopped playing it a while back after I reached my goal of getting to player of legend status at my local arcade... It woulda been great if there was an online conquest mode for the console versions. You could train your AI and whatnot and fight other people's. It woulda been great.
    "It's an adult kiss...we'll do the rest when you get back." -Misato Katsuragi

[size=1]Soul Calibur r0x0rz my b0x0rz!
    Actually... I don't wear boxers, but Soul Calibur r0x0rz my briefz0rz just doesn't have the same ring to it...

**Proud owner of the Mercedes Scar**