Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A thread about shots [without a bizarre thread title].

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin A thread about shots [without a bizarre thread title].

Have you ever had shots? Are you scared of needles? Why? What makes you such a wussy man? Are you a scaredy-baby? Aww, does baby need a hug? Or are you a macho man who doesn't care and enjoys the pain?

Have you ever given blood? Isn't it just weird watching a pint of blood extracted from your arm? I watch it gush out and it's almost ethereal. Oh, I've never given blood before -- it was for a physical.

You have no idea how hard I was laughing when I read this topic.

I don't really mind shots all that much, and I've never given blood.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Developer
    • Former Tech Admin

Could you please stop with the bizarre innuendos in your thread titles? Thanks.

I had a shot a week for five years, they don't bother me any longer.

I hate shots, and I hate having blood drawn. They've needed bloodwork twice, and the first time I almost passed out. The second time wasn't so bad.

I'm still giving blood at my school next year, because I'll get extra credit, and it's for a good cause, not just my stupid doctor.
    Mugwumps, hi-jumps, low slumps, big bumps

Jump In The Fi-yaaaaah! metCloud's Avatar

I dont mind stuff getting put in me but I hate getting my blood drawn...Freaks me out.

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm a macho man who doesn't care and enjoys the pain.

I don't mind.

Needles for getting a shot are smaller than needles for extracting blood. Getting a shot is alright, just stings for a second if that. Having blood drawn is a bit painful is the flobodomist (sp?) doesn't do the needle correctly, which happened to me about a month ago. But in any case, as long as I don't look at the needle going into my skin, it's not that bad.

I've never really loved needles, but I'm not afraid of them.
    ('-'*)/ - "sup"

I don't give a crap when I have to have injections but I dislike having blood drained from me. I know that's for a good cause buut that's a pain issue for me.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

They don't bother me. I've had allergy shots for three years so a needle here and there doesn't bother me anymore. The same with giving blood. For around six months I had to take a blood test once a week so they don't bother me anymore either. It does depend on who's taking the blood though because sometimes you end up quite bruised the next day.
    Hello Pika Art by Dr Unne ~~~ godhatesfraggles

I used to kick up a right stink when I was little. I needed a whole series of them when I moved to the US. Now they don't bother me - I'll probably give blood when I get around to it. Last injection I had was for meningitis before I left for university.

I've been tattooed far too many times to be uncomfortable around needles

I remember whene I was getting both a tetanus and a hep shot on the same day I watched the nurse do the first one. I asked her politely not to put it in anywhere there was inkwork. She freaked out on me and did it anyway, so naturally I freaked out on her. She claimed I couldn't do any better so I took the needle from her and gave myself the second shot. Needless to say she shut right up.

Much younger than that, I had mono in highschool (yay contagious). Because I had been on Acutane for a while and was suddenly switched to the pills for the mono they had to monitor me with a blood test per week. Irritating, but so long as I got to watch it was ok.

Never given blood. For some reason they won't let you if you've been tattooed within one year previously, so no hance in Hell anytime soon for me.

Oh, and there was the time they stuck a big 3 Incher in my knee. After I had broken it the 3rd time they wanted to inspect the cartilage damage, so they shot my knee full of some dye that would flood and show up on an x-ray. Doctor was wierded out with my fixation on watching him insert the needle.

Fun with needles... hmmm...

Articles

SHADDAP.

And no, I've never given blood.

no i dont drink
    SIg removed for exceeding 250 pixel height

I don't like needles, but it's not so bad when it's actually happening. So, yeah, I've had vaccinations, and had blood samples taken. It's a weird feeling watching it gush into the tubes. =P

I've never given blood, though. I would, but I can't because of certain stuff I have to take.