Thread: PC game suggestions!i!

Jump In The Fi-yaaaaah! metCloud's Avatar

Default PC game suggestions!i!

Well, my new laptop is coming next week and whenever I get a new computer I kinda go crazy buying games....but. This is far from a gaming notebook, I bought this one for internet, school (if I ever go back ) and work.

Specs-2.60 Ghz Celeron
    Xp home
    512MB DDR SDRAM
    40 Gig harddrive
    64MB shared integrated graphics :joey:

Basically im looking for some games that are kinda new and should still run on it like RTS games. I have never dealt with Celeron prossecors either so I have no clue how they perform with games...I just know its not as good as my P4 system. Any genre welcome to suggesting except MMORPG's, I wont play them on this.

Half-Life
    Painkiller
    Max Payne
    Diablo II
    Warcraft 3 and the EXP set

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

If you want new a new RTS, try Command and Conquer: Generals or Warcraft 3. As for games to generally push the limits, Halo, Unreal Tournament 2004, and Max Payne 2 seems to do really good for that.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I enjoy playing Unreal Tournament 2004 and Warcraft III.

UT demands a heck of a lot more from your system than Warcraft, and a 64MB Integrated Graphics Card isn't going to provide you with the best visuals the game can offer. It may even slow down to a halt during crazy online battles (which you're sure to run into). I have a 256MB Radeon Sapphire Atlantis Card, and the framerate in UT does suffer from time to time when I'm playing in large maps (regardless of the amount of bots).

You should be able to play all the above games without any major problems, but I'd strongly advise you to get a better graphics card when you're able to. Then again, you might not be expecting perfection like I do.
    "As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless,
    uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?"

Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis

It's a great game if your a J.P. fan, but if not, it's still alright. Ya build a park and produce dino's! Fun but fairly short game.

Jump In The Fi-yaaaaah! metCloud's Avatar

I play UT 2k3/2k4 on my Desktop, Im gona see if they work but not expecting them to. As for upgrading....They say it cant be done on this laptop which is fine because I didnt buy this for games. I think im going to go the RTS route since I never really play them. Im thinking Warcraft 3 battle chest(I like Blizzard), CC generals, Age of Empires.

Joel--Is Painkiller good? I was thinking about getting for my Home PC. Do you really think that would run on a laptop without a real vid. card.

Call of Duty is your best WWII FPS PC game. Other than that, I don't know.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.