Thread: In The Mood

Default In The Mood

Is there a specific mood you like to be in when playing games?

For me, I usually like to be in a thoughtful mood when playing an RPG, or an agressive mood when playing a sports game. I usually don't like playing games when I'm very tired because my concentration is lacking, obviously.

Also, are there specific games you associate moods with?

For some strange reason, whenever I'm a bit sad or bored, I pop in FFIX because of it's cartoony, almost child-like feel and it instantly peps me back up.

How about you all?

Take care all.

Articles

I have to be energetic in order to play any kind of sports game. I'm ultra-competitive to begin with, but when I can trash talk with ease, that's when I'm in my zone.

I play fighting games alot so I'm always in a "I'm psyched about beating the living crap out of you" mood. I guess it's agressive.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

It's the other way round for me. My mood will change depending on what sort of game I decide to play.

If I pop a copy of WWE Smackdown: Here Comes the Pain into my beloved PS2, I'll begin to feel energetic and hyper after fifteen minutes or so. If I decide to raise my character stats in FFVII, IX, X or X-2, I'll probably begin to feel calm and relaxed after a short while.
    "As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless,
    uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?"

Jump In The Fi-yaaaaah! metCloud's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jayren
    It's the other way round for me. My mood will change depending on what sort of game I decide to play.

If I pop a copy of WWE Smackdown: Here Comes the Pain into my beloved PS2, I'll begin to feel energetic and hyper after fifteen minutes or so. If I decide to raise my character stats in FFVII, IX, X or X-2, I'll probably begin to feel calm and relaxed after a short while.
    Im exactly like that...

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I like to be happy, and relaxed. If I have stuff on my mind, like work or personal stuff, I can't concentrate on the game. Just need to be chilled, and have time to concentrate on the game.
    rawr

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yep, It's called 'awake'.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

I've actually heard a few people say that they play games when they need to "focus" on something for a while. For me, it's the opposite. I play games to get my mind off of things usually. Well, to each their own.

Take care all.