Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Warrior/Summoner

Default Warrior/Summoner

I think I am going to get the game for PS2. Does a Warrior/Summoner sound ridiculous? Oh yeah, and how do you get the summons?

Summoner/White Mage
    Summoner/Black Mage
    Summoner/Bard
    To be honest, yes it does. I wouldn't worry about getting the Summoner job, it's a ways off. Summoners are MP based.

Warrior / Summoner = Bad combination.

You get the avatars by fighting them.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Default ok+

Well, I am going to be an Elven and I need a good combination of classes. Anyone have ideas?

Elvaan are mostly in the realm of forefront fighting. You'd be best off with a WAR or MNK, maaaaaybe a THF even though Elvaan accuracy is legendary-wary for being sucky. Elvaan also get the highest MND, so thataru could be good for WHM, but at the same time, they've got a horrible-worrible MP pool.
    Official EoFF Newbie Taru Mascot
    Now with 36% more Tarutalk!â„¢

I'm a Elvaan Monk, I'm going to do Monk/Samurai, which is all about the TP. You could also do Monk/Warrior, which would have 2 ways to stop attacks and 2 ways to add on attacks when you think about it... I personally don't like warriors, they're all about Gil to update armor and weapons. I don't have much Gil, it almost broke me trying to get Tropical Punches...

Default Uuum

What about a nice Warrior/Paladin? Would a Galka be better for that or an Elvaan, Galkas are ugly and I don't want to be one. Anyways, do all you guys have it for PS2 or PC?

I have the PS2 version with a keyboard attached to the USB port.

As a warrior
    Elvaan would do the most damage
    Galka would have best suvivability
    Mithra would have highest evasion and hit rate
    Hume would be balanced
    TaruTaru would be funniest to watch

Good combinations with warriors are:

Warrior/Paladin: Great tank, wonderful defense, but limited in magic.
    Warrior/Thief: Gil maker but not reliable
    Paladin/Warrior: Monster won't do much damage
    Dark Knight/Warrior: Damaging
    Monk/Warrior: As I said, good for frontline damage dealing.

I haven't yet decied what other job I'll give to my elvaan thief. Actually, I don't even know when I can have a sub job. =P
    ('-'*)/ - "sup"

People are saying level 18 when I ask them.

Default hey

I don't understand why Warrior/Paladin is different from Paladin/Warrior. Oh yeah, and what race would make the best Warrior/Paladin. Would your warrior and paladin level both show?

Default dgdg

I still kind of want to make a summoner too. Do the summons look really really cool or are they overated?

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

The difference between warrior/paladin and paladin/warrior is that you get your main job at whatever level you've got it at, but your sub job (the second one) is only half that level.

The summons do look pretty cool. Just keep in mind, until you're a really high level summoner, you'll probably want to have white mage as your sub so you can back-up heal. Then you'll start to summon them so they can cast their buffs. It's not until much later that you use them for attacking.

And yes, you get your subjob at 18, you have to do one of two quests in either Valkurm or Buburimu. It's easier to do it in Valkurm.

Default The difference

The main differences between the warrior/paladin paladin/warrior. With the Warrior/Paladin you have a overall higher damage output then having a paladin as your main job. Although your mp will take a big hit keeping paladin as a subjob. Paladin's have a higher amount of mp and also an overall higher defense than a warrior/paladin (I think). Anyway, it all depends on what you think is worth sacrificing.

Default dfdgd

But are the summons like huge beasts or are they smaller. Are they like the GF's on FF XIII?