Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Warrior/Summoner

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

It depends. Titan is larger than everyone else. Shiva, Garuda and Ramuh stand about the same height as a human. Carbuncle is the size of the average dog. Ifrit is slightly larger than people. I haven't seen Fenrir yet.

Default fhfh

Would a Warrior/Paladin Elvaan make a good tank?

Quote Originally Posted by ZeZipster
    I'm a Elvaan Monk, I'm going to do Monk/Samurai, which is all about the TP. You could also do Monk/Warrior, which would have 2 ways to stop attacks and 2 ways to add on attacks when you think about it... I personally don't like warriors, they're all about Gil to update armor and weapons. I don't have much Gil, it almost broke me trying to get Tropical Punches...
    You'd be a fool to actually buy Tropical Punches unless you have the gil to throw away (say around 70,000 gil). You get a chance to make more gil at higher levels of around and near level 30, so don't worry.

Everything is about gil - melees, mages and tanks. There's no question about it.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Would a Warrior/Paladin Elvaan make a good tank?
    Not as good as a Paladin/Warrior for tank. Paladin's are built for tanking, why sub it for a warrior that is not built fully for tanking?

Star gone! Shadow Staffer Recognized Member eternalshiva's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I'm aiming for Red Mage / Summoner, which is a good combination if you still want to be able to use a sword.
    Too big.

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Paladin/Warrior makes the best tank (And I hold that pld/war is a better tank than a ninja blink tank), and it's BEAUTIFULLY suited to Elvaan.

I'm an Elvaan white mage, myself, and my MP well is constantly running dry, even with mp+ items and food. If you can conserve MP, though, Elvaan make beautiful white mages--I don't recall what my base MND stat is, but I could embarass a Taru, that's for sure.

My advice is to level as a Warrior until level 18, when you get your subjob, and then level as a mnk/war up to level 15, then switch to war/mnk from 18-30, and then *finally* get Paladin. Once you're a Paladin, you won't have to level a subjob until level 60, since you'll have 30 levels in warrior.

As for me, I'm looking towards level 30 as the day I become a Bard. I'm thinking that an Elvaan brd/whm will kick as much tail in a supporting role as an Elvaan Pld/War will in a melee role.

Oh, and if you haven't started yet, be sure to start in San d'Oria--Elvaan who start in Sandy get a rare/ex San d'Orian Ring, which I still use at level 21. It's just a little way the game rewards you for starting out in the nation that your race is most prevalent in. (Windurst for Tarus and Mithra, Bastok for Humes and Galka)

Now, if you aren't dead set on Elvaan and want to be a heavy duty mage-type (and this would be more suited to your summoner idea), start out as a Tarutaru (in Windurst, of course, to get the ring) and level as a Black Mage to level 18, then WHM/BLM to lv 15, and then BLM/WHM from 18-30, and then finally go SMN/WHM until you get enough avatars to be a damage-dealing summoner, and then finally switch to SMN/BLM.

Sticking with a mage sub for a mage job gives you major MP bonuses...and as a Taru, you'll be nearly a bottomless well anyways.

In Garliage Citadel I played with a Paladin and then a Ninja. Both were designated tanks and more often then not the Ninja could not hold the hate for the damage dealers, where as the Paladin had little trouble. Of course that doesn't account for every Paladin or Ninja, we could of just had a bad one.

I feel safer with a Paladin though.

Once you're a Paladin, you won't have to level a subjob until level 60, since you'll have 30 levels in warrior.
    Unless you have friends that are so far behind you have to level another class just to party with them. -eyes eternalshiva-

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Not my fault you're uber ahead of me, you had like a month of playing before me >.< Count yourself lucky we got the game before September *huffs*
    Last edited by eternalshiva; 06-07-2004 at 01:50 PM.
    Too big.

Default fjhkf

Do you have PC or PS2

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I have the PC version and Jalbrean has the PS2 version.

EDIT: Did anyone answer the summons question?
    You have to fight the Avatars to be able to obtain them. And you can summon elementals too, which you hve to go out and find. The Summoner's quest is a PAIN in the arse but it's worth it in the end ^_^
    Last edited by eternalshiva; 06-07-2004 at 05:24 PM.
    Too big.

Quote Originally Posted by Omecle
    You'd be a fool to actually buy Tropical Punches unless you have the gil to throw away (say around 70,000 gil). You get a chance to make more gil at higher levels of around and near level 30, so don't worry.

Everything is about gil - melees, mages and tanks. There's no question about it.
    MNK armor is cheaper than Warrior armor, that is a fact. I do have the gil to throw away on Tropical Punches (at least I did), I have connections. Tropical Punches is insane, I take advantage of high level things that specialize in agility (Goblin Ambushers and such), because Tropical Punches dramatically increases my hit rate.

Default gedgdg

Are the memory for PC and PS2 the same, can i work on my pc one until I get it for PS2 and continue at the same point.

Yes, the servers for the PS2 and for the Computer version are the same, so you can play your character on both.

Default sfsdf

so you log on to the same account and such, then why does the game have to be saved on the memory card?

It doesn't. It has to be installed on the PS2 Hardrive you get with buying the PS2 game, I can play with out a memory card.