Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: whats your favorite resident evil game

Doomed Otaku of the void aeris2001x2's Avatar

lol yeah dead aim is fantastic...fantastically crap.

resident evil dont hold a candle to silent hill for scares but with the exception of silent hill 2 resident evil stories reign. i say again though, resi 4 had better not be as disapointing as resi zero. i want exploration of the european umbrella branches and politics, not a bit of good story followed by aimless and boring gameplay like zero.
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster
    "...Shut up. The cycle of nature and your stupid plan don't mean
    a thing. Aeris is gone. Aeris will no longer talk, no longer laugh,
    cry...... or get angry...... What about us...... what are WE supposed
    to do? What about my pain? My fingers are tingling. My mouth is dry. My
    eyes are burning!" Cloud- FF7

Quote Originally Posted by aeris2001x2
    lol yeah dead aim is fantastic...fantastically crap.

resident evil dont hold a candle to silent hill for scares but with the exception of silent hill 2 resident evil stories reign. i say again though, resi 4 had better not be as disapointing as resi zero. i want exploration of the european umbrella branches and politics, not a bit of good story followed by aimless and boring gameplay like zero.
    I thought Zero's story was pretty interesting... you also gotta give Capcom credit for trying something new... true, I gotta admit that Zero definitely wasn't as good as some of the other games in the series, but it stands out as a unique game... controlling both Billy and Rebecca was pretty unique, and the item dropping system was also kinda cool... but not cool. It's pretty damn annoying at times. I think they should implement item dropping AND item boxes. That would make things a lot handier.
    "It's an adult kiss...we'll do the rest when you get back." -Misato Katsuragi

[size=1]Soul Calibur r0x0rz my b0x0rz!
    Actually... I don't wear boxers, but Soul Calibur r0x0rz my briefz0rz just doesn't have the same ring to it...

**Proud owner of the Mercedes Scar**

Quote Originally Posted by BatChao
    I thought Zero's story was pretty interesting... you also gotta give Capcom credit for trying something new... true, I gotta admit that Zero definitely wasn't as good as some of the other games in the series, but it stands out as a unique game... controlling both Billy and Rebecca was pretty unique, and the item dropping system was also kinda cool... but not cool. It's pretty damn annoying at times. I think they should implement item dropping AND item boxes. That would make things a lot handier.
    yeah i thought it was original but done REALLY badly. and yeah the story started off well and then dribbled away when u left the train till by the end of disc 2 with no plot left at all. i was hoping 4 another code veronica quality game i guess. its the only resident evil i havent completed at least 10 times.
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster

Resident Evil 3. I'm surprised that this game doesn't get more credit. This is the RE game that really got me deep into the series. I've finished this one more times than all other RE games combined. Playing through on hard all those times to get the epilogues was some great stuff. The thing that really sets this one above others is the Nemesis. The first two RE games were great and the knowledge that at a moment's notice a dog or zombie can come busting through a window or wall really makes you tense, but the fact that a five hundred pound ogre with a rocket launcher is tailing you the entire game really heightens things. I think this game had the right mix of elements and the addition of gunpowder mixing makes things less linear. (Note: ice grenades really do a number on the Nemesis..)

I'm definitely going to give tons of credit to the RE2 Director's Cut as well. When I talk about RE3 I tend to give off the impression that I'm either indifferent to RE2 or just think that it's only pretty good, but this game is amazing. A lot of my definitive gaming moments that I'll remember ten years from now occured while playing through RE2. I'll always remember the licker dropping down from the ceiling in the first hallway in the RPD station just like I'll always remember the arms busting through the walls and that creepy ass music in the main entrance to the RPD. Man, so many cool moments in this game and so many memorable quotes too. That's one area where RE2 outshines RE3; it's got moments that stick with you. Maybe it has something to do with it being the first RE I ever played, as well as one of the first PS games I ever played as well, but either way this is one of my all time favorite games.

Hmm. Code Veronica is the game that disengaged me from the series. Between RE1, 2, and 3, for a long time I was a hardcore RE fan (read: nerd) and I'd probably list it as one of my top two or three favorite game series ever. I had all the novels and I always read RE stuff online in my free time. Code Veronica lacked the typical RE feel for whatever reason, be it the cleaner graphics or lack of pre-rendered backgrounds or the different feel to the storyline, but it didn't feel RE to me. I never even finished it, and I haven't played a new RE game since. What others are there now? The RE1 remake, RE0, RE Outbreak and RE4? Damn, all this reminiscing is really bringing me back to some fun times I had playing games.

As far as RE vs. SH, that's a hell of a debate there. RE's scares, like someone already said, are more momentary and are like someone popping out at you. The overall feel of the storyline is pretty disturbing, but nothing to have more than one good nightmare over. Silent Hill's scares are more permeating and longer lasting. It's hard to play the games alone in the dark, I'll admit it. It's purposely designed to disturb you and pervade your mind and it really works. As far as which one is more fun, I'd rather revisit RE2 or RE3 than any SH, although I do feel that the later SH games are better than the later RE games.

i just cant understand why ppl dont like code veronica 4 having a better feel, story, graphics that dont feel *traditional re* and so is not liked. seriously if re wants to not become a street fighter then it needs to make re 4 as good as this and avoid zero type horrors.

Code Veronica had the most indepth story but I think it was the hardest.

yes there was three *hardest resi bits ever* all at once that u had tdo without saving * the crusher, steve transformation and alexia battle* but being the hardest is a good thing. after resi 1, resi 2 and resi 3 were just 2 easy.