Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have you ever tried to get Excalibur II?

Doomed Otaku of the void aeris2001x2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Shadow
    No, it's in the same place you figth Lich. In Memoria... but not at the entrance.
    i promise u i killed lich and its not there grrr i hate my copy of ffIX.
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster
    "...Shut up. The cycle of nature and your stupid plan don't mean
    a thing. Aeris is gone. Aeris will no longer talk, no longer laugh,
    cry...... or get angry...... What about us...... what are WE supposed
    to do? What about my pain? My fingers are tingling. My mouth is dry. My
    eyes are burning!" Cloud- FF7

Blog Entries

Geez..... I start to wonder if I actualy DID get to Memoria and killed Lich in under 12 hours while I was sleeping... then I DREAMED that I got it after 100 hours and...... How can I have it if I haven't beat Lich in 12 hours if it's impossible to get it if you haven't beat Lich in 12 hours!??????

Doomed Otaku of the void aeris2001x2's Avatar

damn if one of us lived in usa we could just say pal/ntsc differences is the reason and let that be an end to it. oh well it aint that big a deal, i,m not that an obessive ff fan boy anymore(seriously years ago this would have brought about ba huge depression ) lol
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster
    "...Shut up. The cycle of nature and your stupid plan don't mean
    a thing. Aeris is gone. Aeris will no longer talk, no longer laugh,
    cry...... or get angry...... What about us...... what are WE supposed
    to do? What about my pain? My fingers are tingling. My mouth is dry. My
    eyes are burning!" Cloud- FF7

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aeris2001x2
    i,m not that an obessive ff fan boy anymore
    TURN BACK,TURN BACK INTO THE LIGTH!

Blog Entries

I am almost 100% sure that you can only get Excalibur II by getting to Lich in 12 hours. I don't think waiting till the game clock goes over 100 hours and resets works. But I haven't tried it the second way. I did try to do it the honest way but it went over 12 hours somewhere in the Nova Dragon battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo-Nercył
    I am almost 100% sure that you can only get Excalibur II by getting to Lich in 12 hours. I don't think waiting till the game clock goes over 100 hours and resets works.
    I think it will. Maybe when the clock breaks 100, it thinks the time has reset. Maybe a glitch?

Blog Entries

Well, SOMEHOW I got it. And I'm pretty sure I didn't beat FFIX in 12 hours without notice it.

Quote Originally Posted by Czanthor
    The problem is, getting Excalibur II makes a 100% game save impossible, as there are a number of items that you would have to sacrifice in order to achieve the task, which in turn, teach you important abilities.

Not true, it is doable. I did it the hard way too, actually getting past Lich in under 12 hours and not waiting for the clock to go round. I couldn't have done it without my turbo controller. You can just hold down the X button and zoom through dialogue. You can skip through movies. And there are many many other things you can do to micromanage your time. It's very doable. I did it, got all the items the can't be gotten after disc 3 as well, and had 18 minutes to spare.

Blog Entries

However, I know a much more impossible (yet possible) task in FFIX that I have decided to complete before this summer is over. But first I shall solve this Excalibur II problem.

so wait, u have to beat lich in under twelve/past 100 hours? on which time u fight him? the first time or second?
    "whats the point of pretending to be all grown up.... if it means the things i wanna say never get said? How am i supposed to change anything?" -Tidus-FFX

You have to beat Lich in Memoria, close to the end of the game. And I've heard from reliable sources that the 100+ hours trick doesn't work. I'm not denying that these people haven't done it, it was just a reliable source.

Blog Entries

Maybe you can't get it after 100 hours... but then, one thing remains unsolved... HOW DID I GET IT!? Because I just can't remind myself beating it in 12 hours...

Quote Originally Posted by SeedRankLou
    I'm not denying that these people haven't done it

Blog Entries

AAAAAAAAAARGH!!!! My second play: reached Memoria, killed Lich after 100 hours and didn't get the Excalibur II. And still I have it on my first play save. So... it seems that you can't get it this way but still I have it on my first play save... strange.