Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: (A) attempting Rikku

*yawn* (A) attempting Rikku

Here's one that i jus finished.
    I worked reali hard on this one...I even added color for the first TIME!
    Ofcourse i know the coloring is a bit off. I gave watercolors a try.
    What do you think?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Citrus Fruits
    Y SO SRS ?

i can see youve put alot of work in it and it's getting there, youve just gotta develop your own style some more and you can be producing great work. how about drawing your pictures in pencil, then useing a black fineliner to ink it....get that picture photocopied and then experiment colouring teh photocopys. Im considerd a pro and now im just experimenting with colouring my illustrations in CRAYON..yep, it's got a real texture.
    The world can end in a blood smeared second, but as warriors we live within those seconds.

*yawn*

Ooo. Good idea.
    Crayons? Post some of your work. Please?
    Any tips on using them darn water colors. Why does Rikku look so....plain?

Citrus Fruits
    Y SO SRS ?

ive got lotsa threads with my art, i did one of quistis, one of tifa, theres also one with a story i did and thats got lotsa my illustrations near the top and at teh bottom of the thread, just check down teh list of on teh second page.

the key to water colours is water. you carnt control them like pastels or pencil...it's organic, you have to let them go where they want to...but your showing them the right places. keep them wet, rather than applying more paint apply more water to teh paint on teh paper, brushing teh water so that teh pain looks like it's staining.
    The world can end in a blood smeared second, but as warriors we live within those seconds.

*yawn*

Ah. Haha. Right. I see. :laughing:
    I take a look at your works then.
    Thanx for the advice. Coloring seems to be my enemy in any form.

Citrus Fruits
    Y SO SRS ?

well maybe it's not time for you to colour yet. i spent fifteen years before i really considerd leanring to colour both on the pc and in teh real world...take your time

*yawn*

Woah. 15?? Hey...then how did you practice? Practice makes perfect rite?
    Btw. Your art work is FREAKN' awesome! Seriously! It's like "woah"

Citrus Fruits
    Y SO SRS ?

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

That's really pretty! I love the coloring on it. Great job, you're a really good artist.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Baloki Kyuu (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Grin

Ok, putting aside my extreme hate for FF10 lets see

To start off with, as a general peice of artwork, good job, its come on really nicely especially as you seem not to be too experianced in water colours, and from the works I've seen done in them, that is a very good first try

Now onto specifics, the most striking thing about this artwork is the brilliant proportions, most people find that the hardest thing to get right in any peice of artwork. Also you have picked a pose that works well with the character you have chosen, bring out the best features.

Unluckly there are still problems with it, mistakes to learn from, the hair, I'm not entirly sure what is up with it but I think its the clips and the general roughness of it compared with the more smooth colouring of the rest of drawing, maybe smoothen it out a little and lighten the highlights. Along with this the eyes are another problem spot for me, they seem to bold and well defined compared to say the mouth or ears, reducing the thinkness of the black line around the edge of them would probably add to the effect, along with probably more graduations of the blackness of the pupils.

Overall though a nice piece, well done
    FOA

*yawn*

Thanx Rye. ^^

Reali thanx Baloki for the tips. They help ALOT.

Citrus Fruits
    Y SO SRS ?

cheers Kiki. yep for fifteen years i was content to concentrate on my drawing in a world of black and white. of course i couldnt resist getting out teh colours....but never in a delibert attempt to learn to colour. unlike photography, you can be a good colourer without needing a good picture. Practice doesnt always make perfect....you have to have the talent to begin with, it's what drives you and fuels you untill you find your despert to draw and colour as much as you would be to make love to a good woman, it should be a contest of urges....sexy girl or my pencil.

a point about Baloki's post (im not telling anyone off), thats just his oppinion. when he tells you things are wrong thats only as he percives them...he isnt right, and he isnt wrong. many people will tell ya things that youve drawn wrong, and they will be right. so accept what crit you want, but only take it in if YOU feel theres somthing your not happy with in a picture.....thats what i learnt at art colledge and uni, where everybodys got an oppinion on why your crap and thye are better. Crit isnt always good, but you gotta be aware of it

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Baloki Kyuu (Sargatanas)
    Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman
    everybodys got an oppinion on why your crap and thye are better.
    I'm not better trust me
    FOA

i didnt infer that you thought you were

*yawn*

Haha. Ok.
    That I shall. But critics are good. Jus depends on how they criticize you. I guess if the criticize you BUT they give you tips on how to improve then it's good. But if they jus insult your art work then they jus piss me off.
    And I guess the hair IS a bit strange. It obviously doesn't look like the real thing but hey first timer here. But i do agree with Baloki on that one.
    As for the eyes. I personally like the eyes. But thanx for your comments anyways. :skull7:

Citrus Fruits
    Y SO SRS ?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Baloki Kyuu (Sargatanas)
    Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ki Ki
    Haha. Ok.
    That I shall. But critics are good. Jus depends on how they criticize you. I guess if the criticize you BUT they give you tips on how to improve then it's good. But if they jus insult your art work then they jus piss me off.
    And I guess the hair IS a bit strange. It obviously doesn't look like the real thing but hey first timer here. But i do agree with Baloki on that one.
    As for the eyes. I personally like the eyes. But thanx for your comments anyways. :skull7:
    Tis ok, can't wait to see your next peice
    FOA