Thread: The Killers

Default The Killers

I was talking to my friend the other day, and he said to me "I've found this new band, they're really good, from Las Vegas". "Oh yeah?" I replied, I'm very curious about new bands, and Las Vegas is an interesting place for creating a decent band.
    "They're called 'The Killers', cool name eh?", he seemed pretty excited about this band which made me even more interested. "Oh yeah, do they have an album out?" I questioned him, "Yup, it's called Hot Fuss, I got you a copy because I knew you'd be interested".
    Fantastic I thought, "Andy, You're A Star, always On Top of things, never a worry when you're around".
    "Hey, no need to get so excited about it, maybe this will make up for All These Things That I've Done" he said while laughing at my excitement.

And so I went home and listened to the album, and I loved it more than anything, so I went to talk to another friend about them, pass on the wonder, try and keep the word of their beauty passed on forever.

"Hey, Lindz, how're things?" she asked me, "Oh god, they're fantastic, I've been listening to this band called 'The Killers', after Somebody Told Me about them, they're so brilliant! Utter genius! And from Las Vegas too! You should listen to them!" I exclaimed to her. "I don't know, I only like good old Glamorous Indie Rock & Roll, you should know that by now"
    "Oh but this is, Believe Me Natalie, this is indie, beautiful indie, I love it and so will you, maybe it'll cheer you up after your...loss, it'll make you Smile Like You Meant It"
    "Well at look at you Lindz, always playing Mr. Brightside" she snapped at me,
    "Hey, Jenny Was A Friend Of Mine too, a good friend, and I know how close you two were, so why shouldn't I try and cheer you up?", I said, trying to sound as sensitive as I could.
    "I guess you're right, maybe I should give this CD a listen", her defensive stance melting away at last.
    "Maybe you should, don't worry, Everything Will Be Alright, I promise, now how about we go see them play live at the Midnight Show?".

And that's how it went, I felt like things had gotten better, like I'd cheered her up, and when that happens to a friend, it makes it all better. Especially when it's because of good music.

Do you like The Killers? If you do, tell me, tell us, tell others, tell everyone, pass it on.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

I've heard one of their songs, I think it was 'Somebody Told Me', and I loved it. So I cant say that I'm a fan of their band as a whole yet, but that song is pretty damn good.

That song makes me shout with glee every time I hear it on the radio.

SEXY McAWESOME TO YOU, MISTER

because i'm mister brighteyes.
    Your sig is too hilarious and witty, thus i have removed it to protect the minds of all forum goers
    -The allways inspiring leeza

They filled the void in my life left by the lack of the new Ok Go album being released, mostly because they're a very indie version of Ok Go.

And by that, I mean intensely fun, lyrically clever and very listenable.

EDIT : Brighteyes are very emo, so don't bring them into an indie topic >=|

DOUBLE-EDIT : JUNE THE 15TH FOR THE US RELEASE OF HOT FUSS! Hahar! It was released earlier in the UK because they're on a UK label, Lizard King Records.
    Last edited by Lindy; 06-11-2004 at 08:58 PM.