Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: This sounds racist but...

Default This sounds racist but...

...it's not intended to be. I don't think of it as racism, more like a preference.

Race tends to be a touchy issue, but, generally...which race and/or ethnicity is generally the most attractive?

Personally, I've always been fascinated by Italian women. I'm not talking about "part Italian" (like those who are like 1/4 Italian, 1/4th German, 1/4th Asian, etc.) and such...usually at least half-Italian that I begin to notice. They're 2nd to no one and that exotic look that they possess always seems to catch my eye. Usually it's preferred that my significant other is Italian, but not required (I'm not THAT superficial).

So yeah...I sound pretty silly and stupid...but eh, I'm not new at this.

Blog Entries

Hm..it is a touchy subject but I don't think it's going to offend anyone.

I'm chinese. I prefer to hang out and date chinese or other asian people. It's not that I hate other races, because I have plenty of friends that come from a variety of backgrounds (that's how it is in Australia. Very multicultural) Also I like to be able to speak chinese to my friends and girlfriend. It's nice to share a secret joke in class that no-one else would understand. I find that asian people have a lot in common with me.

So to answer your question, I find asians more attractive. Especially those with a hongkie sense of fashion, style, dialect etc.

I don't think it's racist to think like that. When someone is racist, they are discriminating against a certain race. You're not putting down any race in particular, you're just stating your preference of women.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

For some reason, I've always been attracted to asian women. My work colleagues know this, as do some of my friends, and they say I have a strange "fetish". I don't particularly agree with their choice of wording, but I can understand what they're getting at. I don't find the majority of English women to be attractive - that's just the way I feel. It doesn't make me racist, though. It simply shows that I - as a person - am more physically attracted to certain attributes from a certain race of people.
    "As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless,
    uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?"

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

Thanks to the proliferation of media I consider white males and females attractive, which doesn't mean other races aren't/can't be attractive. This also doesn't mean members of any race can't be unattractive either.

Finding a particular race attractive over others doesn't mean you are racist (unless the reasons were racist), but probably that you have a socialogical tendency to associate this or that with attractiveness.

OOC: I think I need sleep, I've been typing completely irrelevant words in the wrong places like 'members of any race can't be racist'.

Blog Entries

I don't find anyone race that much more attractive. They all have their good looking girls and then the not so good looking girls. I would say probably I preffer white girls on the pure fact there are 2 asian girls within 5 towns and 3 black girls with 5 towns every other girl is white.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think really dark skin is attractive. Not tan, but dark skin. Like a deep, dark black man.

I'm also attracted to large Mexican guys, which my small white boyfriend finds unnerving.

Only girl I've loved so far has been half-arabic and falf-caucasian, which in my opinion made her look kinda like Italian or Spanish. I don't know, but shes' very attractive. So yes, I prefer darker colour, like latino and even arabic. Asians are very cute too, yes, but so are caucasians. Bleh, no matter what race you are, as long as you're attractive, you're attractive.
    ('-'*)/ - "sup"

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Mikztsu
    Only girl I've loved so far has been half-arabic and falf-caucasian, which in my opinion made her look kinda like Italian or Spanish.
    I think she looked more Jewish/Hebrew than Italian or Spanish.

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack
    I think she looked more Jewish/Hebrew than Italian or Spanish.
    Yeah, maybe so. Just couldn't find a way to describe.
    ('-'*)/ - "sup"

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

"which my small white boyfriend finds unnerving."

Isn't BJ like 6' tall or at least 5'10? You must be attracted to some monsterously large Mexicans

Some Mexicans seems to attract me with their dark skin and their looks but I think some white skins are attractive too.

Bigger than a rancor SomethingBig's Avatar

Me = Philippino.

I used to see North American women as being the most attractive, but now I think that Japanese women are the prettiest, even though I've only dated white women.
    :monster2: One, AH! AH! Two, AH AH! Three, AH AH!

I find Asian and Australian women the most attractive, racially.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

I always used to find Italian guys attractive, because I'm half-italian myself. But now, it doesn't really matter to me too much if a guy is Italian or not.

Asian women.
    Spanish women.
    Middle Eastern, Hindi, Slavic, European, Native American women...

Have yet to find a black woman I'm attracted to.