Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Don't you just hate it when..."

Default "Don't you just hate it when..."

Use this topic like this: start your sentence/s with "don't you just hate it when" and finish it with something you hate.

For example:

Don't you just hate it when you see something you wanna buy from auction, and finally when you have money for it, it's SOLD OUT! I spared money for Fire Sword which would've been great for my thief at this level. When I went buying it finally, it was gone. >:\

Don't you just hate it, when you have to run all your way to Valkurm?

Don't you just simply hate it when you die?
    ('-'*)/ - "sup"

Quote Originally Posted by Mikztsu
    Use this topic like this: start your sentence/s with "don't you just hate it when" and finish it with something you hate.

For example:

Don't you just hate it when you see something you wanna buy from auction, and finally when you have money for it, it's SOLD OUT! I spared money for Fire Sword which would've been great for my thief at this level. When I went buying it finally, it was gone. >:\

Don't you just hate it, when you have to run all your way to Valkurm?

Don't you just simply hate it when you die?
    1. Go to another AH.
    2. It's not that far, trust me.
    3. It happens alot, it's not THAT bad.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

1. By the way, are the AH's in San D'oria different or linked? I guess I'll just have to run to other city then.

2. I just had to add something that I don't like; I don't hate it.

3.But you still can't like dying. :P
    ('-'*)/ - "sup"

"Don't you just hate it when..."

After an hour of getting your party finally set up, someone trains mobs, one or more of your members die, and suddenly they need to go.

Everything in that and the fact that ex-EQ players "knowing what to do"

ie. Provoke is the same as Taunt dont tell me what to do! *everyone dies few mins later* -_-''

Linked AHs

Kazham-Windurst (same)
    Norg-Bastok(same)
    Rabao-SanDoria(same)

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

That guide made me laugh. :laugh:
    ('-'*)/ - "sup"

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

That guide was awesome.

Don't you just hate it when you get a warrior in your party who:
    a. has poor armor
    b. has no pulling experience
    c. thinks that his only job is to deal damage
    d. all of the above

I hate it when I'm bard and trying the Mage's Ballad the mages, yet they seem to always be all over the place so I have to cast is 2-3 times just to get them all.

I also hate it when I begin to cast a spell and suddenly everyone in my party runs away thus making me waste my time on the spell, or worse I get it cast and then have to way about 20 seconds for the recast to be ready again.

I also hate the people that tell me I have the incorrect sub for my main.
    This space intentionally left blank.

I hate situations when I have aggro, myself and the tank are red, the tank isn't provoking the mob off me, and I have to debate whether curing is a good option. I always make the wrong choice.
    Knock yourselves down.

The biggest annoyance however, is like that comic's last panel. After working hard of putting up a party, people start telling: "gtg thx 4 the invite anyway".

Also, when your weapon upgrading depends on the money you WILL be getting sometime from auction. xD I didn't want to go level up before I had upgraded from Brass Xiphos --> Flame Sword, and I had to wait for almost two days to get the money and it was always frustrating to see my stuffs hadn't sold yet. I just finally got my sword though, just before the maintenance began and now I can go leveling again.

Almost forgot one HUGE annoyance: when you and your party have camped somewhere and other party camps nearby you, and all that battle spam comes to your screen, which makes it difficult to talk. It really irks me, and then it's just best to move a bit farther from that other party,
    ('-'*)/ - "sup"

Star gone! Shadow Staffer Recognized Member eternalshiva's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

ahh you could just turn your chat filters on so its just your party that pops up Mik xD That does exist ^_^ You can even turn off animation to reduce lag. I recently discovered this and I'm in pure party heaven. I have it set up so I only see the party's damage and what is ailing them. Since I see the health bars, I don;t really need to know what the monster is getting. I shut off the treasure pool thing, shouts and what non-party members are doing so I barely see spam about who the hell is synthesising what and that party that is uber close, it's like they're not even there ^_^
    Too big.

What I hate is in places like Yuhtunga and Yhoator when your party's leveling and suddenly another party comes up to you fighting thier monster and now your being hit with thier monsters AOE in addition to yours.

That's by far the most annoying things about leveling at Khazam.
    This space intentionally left blank.

I don't like camps right next to each other either. Usually if a party I'm in sees another party right next to us I'll nag my party to go north, just because I don't like having to take Hill Lizards instead of Gob Tinks or Snippers.

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Garland
    I hate situations when I have aggro, myself and the tank are red, the tank isn't provoking the mob off me, and I have to debate whether curing is a good option. I always make the wrong choice.
    This is why you have to let everybody know your policies.

If you're a whm, make sure the tank knows that if s/he doesn't voke, you won't heal them. Suicide isn't in the whm's job description. Don't just say it, stick by it.

Another one I like is making sure, as a war, that everybody knows that if I say zone, don't question it--run. If I tell a party to zone, it's my intention to hold aggro so that they can get away, even if it means dying. I only do that for good parties, though. Same principle as using Benediction in battle. I never Bene a bad party, because it's a suicide spell and that party won't help me recover my exp.

Today was very annoying. For some reason, today there was exceptionally many people flags up at valkurm, and first parties I got in, there was no healer. :\ And then I waited again a LONG time and finally get invited to a party. Then I walk all the way to secret beach just to witness how everybody had to leave suddenly. troutheads shouldn't invite people if they're leaving.

Finally, I got in great party. Tank could even keep the monsters somewhat still, so that I had no troubles landing with my sneak attack. Finally got to level 20.

It feels like a heaven getting in a good party after being hours in very bad ones.
    ('-'*)/ - "sup"