Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Don't you just hate it when..."

when....you come to an area to party and after a half an hour of waiting to get an invite you decide to start your own party and absolutly no one will join unless they are the 6th person in. Lately I have given up on that and start right away inviting anyone that is close to the same level and then trying to fill spots. But still, even have black, white, tank and me, still get that 5th person saying send me a tell once you have the party all ready. WTF. Do people not like to pt. Not every time out are you going to get the ideal team. I am war/red and have been the tank, the puller and the main healer (yes the main healer with 30 mp) and I'm not bitchin because I done get to sit around on auto attack and not get to worry about a dam thing. Sorry, starting to rant. Just you cannot have a pt unless people join.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Quote Originally Posted by EternalBahamut
    when....you come to an area to party and after a half an hour of waiting to get an invite you decide to start your own party and absolutly no one will join unless they are the 6th person in. Lately I have given up on that and start right away inviting anyone that is close to the same level and then trying to fill spots. But still, even have black, white, tank and me, still get that 5th person saying send me a tell once you have the party all ready. WTF. Do people not like to pt. Not every time out are you going to get the ideal team. I am war/red and have been the tank, the puller and the main healer (yes the main healer with 30 mp) and I'm not bitchin because I done get to sit around on auto attack and not get to worry about a dam thing. Sorry, starting to rant. Just you cannot have a pt unless people join.
    You shouldn't be in any group that forces you to be the main healer with red mage as your sub. That's rediculous.

But I understand what you mean. Nobody wants to wait around for a party so they just ask you to send them a tell when you have everyone else. But everyone tells you that so you never eactually get anyone.

Well the thing is, they also got bad parties, its not that they dont like partying, but because how the #@%^ do they know that your party is any different? They can waste more time and exp and money on your party and get nothing out of it. WAR/RDM should not be healing primarily...and i advise a better sub on the side note .

Dont invite without /tell of course, i just decline immediately, thats rude. But its best to tell them your pt setup before so they know that you are making the effort..and therefore better pt usually. Now as for ideal parties...it has to at least have healer/tank. Later levels after 50, a party without a RDM or BRD usually isnt worth the time because you need alot of exp, and if your going to not bring something that speeds it up as big as a RDM or BRD, then your just screwing yourself over. Thats why most parties do not leave without at least one of them. The ideal party setup is going to be needed later...theres no substitute.

I search for RDM and BRD first, but i always see if there are tanks availible first, if there are i take them if they are rare, if its somewhat common i nab the refreshers first(most important), then the tank, and then the magic burster be it RDM, BLM, NIN, or DRK(preferably BLM), then a dmg dealer strong vs mobs we exp with, like with flies we take DRG, or bones we take MNK. Choice/skill is what determines exp lost in parties, 1000exp an hour, and also 5000 exp an hour. Thats why for optimal parties people with elaborate search comments and stuff get parties...but people should give time for the party to start, i can gladly wait one hour for the right party rather than go with some half assed one like WAR, WAR, DRK, DRG, WHM, WHM.

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Someone says they'll help me get my Utsusemi quest done then leaves right after we leave Norg. >.<

Anyone else want to help me? ^^ /tell Aliza ingame
    Could also use.... 10x Rusty Subligars or 10x Rusty Leggings
    Sorry for begging, but I did just blow 35K on freakin' Zinc Ores today

Ragnarok

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Don't you just hate it when people post something that has nothing to do with the topic?

Don't you hate it when some half-witted FFXI player like Zaphier misinterprets your post and things it will be funny to post something like that?

Rephrase my post and you have your precious post that 'has something to do with the topic'. "Don't you hate it when someone...etc"

Yeah, what?

Now now lets not flame...

Anyway..i hate it when people have no patience, it takes time to get parties and time to get into swing...dont leave right off the bat, thats sutpid.

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Listen to lionx and don't insult eachother. If you think someone is posting off topic use the warn feature instead of making a comment about it.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

dont you hate it when you find out FFXI was 2 much money?