Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [A] Quistis

Default [A] Quistis

Its done in crayola colored pencils, my hand started to get tired once i got to her jacket, but meh im still pretty proud of it ^_^

Wow! The coloring job is absolutely fantastic. The hair especially.
    "It's an adult kiss...we'll do the rest when you get back." -Misato Katsuragi

[size=1]Soul Calibur r0x0rz my b0x0rz!
    Actually... I don't wear boxers, but Soul Calibur r0x0rz my briefz0rz just doesn't have the same ring to it...

**Proud owner of the Mercedes Scar**

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

That's beautiful.
    Hello Pika Art by Dr Unne ~~~ godhatesfraggles

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Baloki Kyuu (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Ok, although someone will rant at me for this, critque time.

This peice is awesome, I love the attention to detail and realistic colouring. The shading is also done really well by a kean eye. Well done on all of that, only slight problems I can really see with it and nothting that really ruins the work, just something maybe to avoid next time is the neck seems a little long. Great work though, when I get my printer working again I am so printing this out
    FOA

Quote Originally Posted by Baloki
    , just something maybe to avoid next time is the neck seems a little long.
    Agree, gobble gobble

But i didn't notice that untill he pointed it out
    Its great, its awesome, wow omfg sexxors lol, did i mention it was great?
    Last edited by TasteyPies; 06-14-2004 at 12:03 PM.

Blog Entries

Thumbs up

I have to agree with Baloki too just because he usually does good critques... :upsidedow

Actually the neck looks like it has a little bit of an adam's apple going on with it...be careful with that!

Otherwise its really good!

thanx for the comments!!!wow im soo glad yall like it ^_^!! I agree about the neck, i guess i was thinking it looked to thin rather than to long, thats why i kinda made an adams apple thingy goin on Starlet.lol. Well i will work on that for next time, thanx again for commenting

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> Wow, thats very nice..
    I wonder about the reference picture, it was from some japanese FF8 manga/doujinshi???
    or the picture just came out of your mind??
    if you didnt use a reference picture then you have some great manga skills there..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Quote Originally Posted by black orb
    >>> Wow, thats very nice..
    I wonder about the reference picture, it was from some japanese FF8 manga/doujinshi???
    or the picture just came out of your mind??
    if you didnt use a reference picture then you have some great manga skills there..
    No i didnt have an excact refrence for this picture, its pretty much all from my mind.(except i printed out a FMV shot of her to draw her Jacket)And I dont think ive seen any FF mangas or douj..shi shi things either lol, wow what a hard word. Thanx for commenting ^_^

Very nice coloring! I love how you did her eyes. But why does Quistis look so mad ;_;?
    What's a jellicle cat?

The pic looks awesome! I like the coloring too, good job and hope to see more of your work!

["What I give form to in daylight is only one per cent of what I have seen in darkness." M.C. Escher

Can I post? PLEASE? I wanna say something!! Hehe.

You have a great talent about you, as I've told you before.

Head to toe, or in this case, chest, hehe. For her hair? She's a natural blonde, and you showed this quite nicely. In fact, down to a very minute detail since most females who are blonde have a VERY slight trace of red in their hair. I see you've done that with accent color, which is nice. The detail work on the shading, along with the useage of a light source to fade her hair in certain spots was done nicely. You know that if it were done in a different way, the end result might not look as good. The thing I've noticed that she's lacking dealing with her hair, is a clip to hold up the top part. She has a black one, I think, and it's missing from your picture. I only say this because it seems kinda hard for hair to naturally do that without some sort of manual help involved. Thing I've noticed too, which is cute enough to mention, is that the specific area in question looks like the crest on a chocobo's head. Have you noticed that?

Going from her hair to her head and face in general, it's a change. She has a nicely shaped head, but when it comes to the face, it's a little off. Doing this to be nitpicky obviously, but you did ask for comments and constructive criticism, so you're receiving it. She has no shape or contour in her face aroundher right eye. I saw this the first time and didn't really notice it, but when I looked at it closer, I noticed something was off. It's a small detail, but her eye seems to just melt into her right side of her face, which is kinda off to me. She has BEAUTIFUL blue eyes, and it's an improvement on what I've asked of you before (The direction of eyeshot, if that was you I talked to about it last). The details on her eyelids, her eyebrows, her face in general in that aspect are very nicely done. She has a cute nose, and to be honest, that looks great. I've seen some nose drawings before, but this one is good. Her lips are a little odd to me. It looks like she was in some sort of fight because her bottom lip is swollen compaired to her top one, or lack thereof. That looks weird now that I think of it. Her size is off. The lighting effect is nice on her bottom lip though, but she doesn't have an edge to it, making it look like it's missing, somewhat. Nothing to say about the chin or ear.

Her neck is something that I'll leave alone, since most everyone has said something about the Adam's Apple. My bone with that though, is that she has no neck in the back. The lighting effect took away her neck! o.O;; She also has no definition from her chin to her neck, which is kinda weird. Oh, that, AND her neck is too long, sorry.

Her SeeD uniform is AWESOME. Thing is, she looks too small in it. Need to fill her out more in it, otherwise she looks like a child. The way her right side is drawn makes the uniform seem distorted. Her right shoulder is bigger than her left. If she's facing off to the left (Viewer's right, as in the picture) her right shoulder should be smaller than her left, otherwise it looks like a conflict of proportion. To be nitpicky again, hehe (Sorry), the humps on the shoulder blades (Connecting the blue shoulders to the outer black sleeves) look like the uniform was sewn badly. Nothing else to say about the uniform, except that the SeeD emblem is fantastic. Love the work.

Again, with every nitpick comes admiration. I can't draw worth a crap, but I make a better critic. As I said many times before, you truly do have talent, and I envy you.

Wherever the winds take me, that is where I shall go.
    Darkness awaits me.
    Eternal slumber, come.

Blog Entries

Looks great!

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Wow, that's absolutly amazing. I especially love the colouring of the hair and the eyes.

*yawn*

That's beautiful. The hair is awesome and I jus love the way you colored everything. You're like a major talent.
    Though the neck is a bit long but it doesn't matter cos everything else is perfect.

Citrus Fruits
    Y SO SRS ?