Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Your first friend.

I havent really been around long enough to make an impression- pity really, you all seem quite cool! Still, who knows what will happen with time?

i dont have any friends :shame: *runs away crying*
    SIg removed for exceeding 250 pixel height

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Proto
    Ok, let's see how good some of our memories are.

I believe he's posting as Blue nowadays, but I do believe he was the first friend I made out of EoFF. I usually talk to him on AIM and we chat about stuff, and about EoFF too. It was fun. On the way, I also made some new friends, but I believe that Blue was my first friend I made off EoFF. I was friends with Britt before EoFF, so he doesn't count.
    Well, thanks for telling the secret! Now everyone will know; though, I don't think he really cared.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

I've honestly not made a friend on this forum. There are people on this forum that enjoy my postings and vice versa, and there are people that I have debates with, but no friends. I'd say the closest person on here as a friend would be eternalshiva, and maybe aeris2001x2. I've never done the PM or the chat thing. *makes mental note to try those*

Star gone! Shadow Staffer Recognized Member eternalshiva's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

me? ^_^ uberness! *hugs*
    Too big.

Default Aren't i elitist.

Ha, Linus.

i don't spend lots of time interacting online, other than through LJ and message boards (primarily EoFF), which are too paced to really create strong friendships. Not to mention that i personally find online bonds inherently weaker and less developed than person-to-person friendship, so i don't know that i would ever fairly say i had <i>friends</i> online.

But, for example, Ashley gave me LJ access way back when i was a newbie and we've since found plenty of friendly ground. i wouldn't say we have so much of a friendship as a mutual understanding that, were we ever to meet, we <i>could</i>. But i think that's all anyone can say about an internet acquaintance, and it's still slick.

(-o-)

-tie fighter

I haven't really made any friends through this forum. ^.^; *loser*

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I first talked to an EoFF member called Sephiroth199ad a few years ago, after seeing a great post from him in the FFVII forum which told the Aeris ranters to go to hell. We added each other to MSN and began talking. Ever since then, we've been good friends who keep in touch regularly (except for the last three months due to an unforseen communication problem - which was my fault). I really enjoy talking to him, and it's amazing to see that our thoughts, opinions and personalities are so alike.

Aside from that, I only talk to Xander regularly. She's such a nice girl, and we get along really well. I don't have many friends at EoFF and probably never will have, but I'm very grateful for the association that I receive from my small circle of buddies.
    "As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless,
    uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?"

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Hm... I can't really remember my first friend aside from a girl who used to go on here called Scandalous (but she's a mean girl now, so I don't speak to her ), but I can remember my first group of friends. It would be Psychotic, Mucha, Pure Strife, and the other older members of BAoTW

I'm pretty certain on this that the first person I spoke to on EOFF properly and call call a friend of any sort was Rye back when she was RikkuYuna89 a good few years back I seem to remember. Other than that it has escaped me
    I remember talking to you when you first came here. I think that it was nearly a year ago. =o Time flies.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Baloki Kyuu (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Hi I'm john *assumes discuise to post*.

Well I actually think the first person I talked to was Ansem *cries*, friend? Probably Psy.... I think my sanity went downhill from there and an interesting fact, this person called Baloki used to be scared of Leeza, Xander and ES, he did xD, what a wuss

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Baloki
    an interesting fact, this person called Baloki used to be scared of Leeza, Xander and ES, he did xD, what a wuss
    I can see why you was afraid of Leeza's old sig :/

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Proto. Or bossker. One of thems.
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!

Lumberjack Recognized Member RSL's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

My story is pretty similar to Raistlins. I knew a lot of people that originally registered here already from FFWA such as Rydia, Jojo, etc.

I don't remember my first PM's and whatnot, or even the first person who IM'ed me. But my first good friend was Mikztsu, and, to a slightly less extent, Cactuar2000. Now Simon's gone and I don't talk to Mikael anymore! =o

Hrmm... I thought this was going to be a topic about your first friend, ever. xD

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

That's an impossible question. Everybody has ever made friends with me post right now and I'll determine which of you came first.

Besides what determines a friend? I mean, I was chatting as a loner for literally years. Was it Joel? Mandee? DCI Superfun? Aaron?