Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Your first friend.

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Your first friend.

Ok, let's see how good some of our memories are.

It's been a long time since I first registered, and I can barely remember my first friend I made when I registered. But, first of all, I think that my first friend that I made off of Eyes on Final Fantasy, besides the few that I had before I knew about EoFF, was... I believe, Temple Knight. I believe he's posting as Blue nowadays, but I do believe he was the first friend I made out of EoFF. I usually talk to him on AIM and we chat about stuff, and about EoFF too. It was fun. On the way, I also made some new friends, but I believe that Blue was my first friend I made off EoFF. I was friends with Britt before EoFF, so he doesn't count.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm pretty certain on this that the first person I spoke to on EOFF properly and call call a friend of any sort was Rye back when she was RikkuYuna89 a good few years back I seem to remember. Other than that it has escaped me

FFXIV Character

Ella Cinder (Sargatanas)
    My first ... friend from EoFF ... was Mikztsu then shortly after CloudDragon. I got two friends! :nibbles:

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I made my first friends at FFWA. I believe the first person I really started talking to regularly was Martin(now an admin) from the FF7 forum, back in October/November of '99. He encouraged me on my quest to beat Ruby Weapon without materia(something I will NEVER EVER EVER EVER TRY TO DO EVER AGAIN OMG).

Then, just a month or two after I registered at FFWA, Ciddy made The Highwind EzBoard, where I became friends with Sean and all the original mods(Jojo, BOU, Asorie, eric ramza, Dr Unne, Rydia, RSL, and numerous others who stopped posting shortly thereafter). The first person I really started talking to from among that bunch was Dr Unne, mostly about books and getting blocked by him when I started making fun of FF1. Good times.

I don't remember exactly which came first(they were both around the same general time period): me becoming friends with Martin, or EoFF EzBoard and then Unney. So I'll leave 'em both.

got to thigs to say 1. shlupquack is sorta my friend 2. the first person to talk to me is baloki
    This is it. It all begins here.
    EVOLUTION

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

First person I had a "post-conversation" with: Etienne (Thorn)
    First person I knew: Raven - an offline friend of mine who joined a week or two after me.
    First person I PM'ed: Lilly Rinoa Landois
    First online friend from EoFF: Robb (Robbie)
    First person I chatted to: Robb (Robbie)
    First girlfriend: Wishing Star (Selphie)

Names in brackets are their member names at the time I got to know them.

The best answer for me without a doubt would be Robb. He made a thread with my name on it with a picture aimed at my New Zealander-ness. Soon after, I got to know Emma, Sapphire, Ashi, Skwowwy and Danni. The rest is history. I didn't get to know the "big" names at EoFF until a fair while later, though.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Star gone! Shadow Staffer Recognized Member eternalshiva's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Umm Jalbrean was my yh first "EoFF Friend" which is freaky because he befriends no one ^_^ I wins!

Then there was [the list is way too big] but Baloki is my latest xD
    Too big.

havent made one. I concider some of the people here like...allies i guess,but i dont know anyone well enough to concider any of them friends.sorry guys

edit: correction: One_winged_angel was probably my first friend here
    Last edited by zacks_clone; 06-14-2004 at 06:24 PM.

n o - l o v e - o r - g l o r y
    Goodbyes|Me|Trinity|Us|Mako Eyes
    Mercenary

Evelia, I think. I met a bunch of people all around the same time: James Latimer something Rebel (Joaquin? :O!), RyuKishi, CloudDragon, etc. But Maggie was the first, I think. :skull3:
    Mugwumps, hi-jumps, low slumps, big bumps

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Well, I didn't really have any friends at all during my first time here. The nearest I would come a friend was Mystic Ice Goddess, but we weren't really close at all. My first real friend must have been Squally Leonharty.

Let's see...I joined EoFF 3 years and 7 months ago.There were many people I befriended with when I joined: Cactuar2000 Musashius, Wyllius, Chibirinoa, Raf ( Endless), Nait and Tatum. Unfortunately they're all gone now. Yes, Nait doesn't seem to be here either anymore.

First person I got to know well and PM'ed me, semi-ironically was my ex-fiancee Lilly. Also around those times when I created the EoFF chess tournament, I got to know Ariel very well and we used to be very good friends. Oh yes, and Danni. None of those actively here either anymore; just random posts from Ariel. Please forgive me if I forgot anyone from my early EoFF days, 'coz my mind doesn't like being very clear right now.
    ('-'*)/ - "sup"

Blog Entries

PG.

When I actually joined and posted in early 2002 my only friends were Cloud of Midgar (now Jenova-Rebirth), Giga Guess, and Spatvark. I think, atleast. So I'd say them.

First Person I PMed: Cloud of Midgar
    First Person I Received a PM From: Yamaneko (Vivi_FFIX)
    First Person I Chatted With Outside EoFF: Spatvark
    Last edited by Kirobaito; 06-15-2004 at 12:52 AM.

2nd Protector of the Sun War Angel's Avatar

No-body wuvs me. So I have no fwends here.
    When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one yourself... when gazing into the abyss, bear in mind that the abyss also gazes into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

The rightful owner of this Ciddie can kiss my arse! :P

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

I don't remember the name of my first friend here, I just know that I met him in the Writer's Corner. He stopped posting shortly after I joined, hence why I don't remember his name. The first real friends I made were Taerdin and Alpha, who I met when I joined a linkshell for FFXI known as the WLA (Windurst Liberation Army, led by GrandLethal, another friend I made.) Shortly after a guy posted a thread about why I suck (it was rather humourous) I met Tokki. I talked to her for a long time, but for the past couple months I haven't talked to her. I only assumed she disappeared.

The only friends from EoFF I still talk to are GL, Alpha and Taerdin. All three no longer post here.