Thread: Give It A Rest Already!

Default Give It A Rest Already!

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...ey_terrorism_4

Is Cheney dense or what? How long can he keep saying this yet, everything has been all but proven otherwise, AND he gives no proof to support his viewpoint. He's more than worn out his shot at being right without need of proof standpoint. I think we're long overdue for a piece of actual truth in this situation.

Take care all.

2nd Protector of the Sun War Angel's Avatar

A connection between Al Qauida and Saddam Hussein is unlikely... though, that organization certainly had a foot-hold in Iraq. Either way, Saddam and his country have funded and support many other terrorist organizations, so it makes little difference, anyway...
    When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one yourself... when gazing into the abyss, bear in mind that the abyss also gazes into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

The rightful owner of this Ciddie can kiss my arse! :P

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

It makes a large difference, actually. These seem to be blatant lies. What else have they been lying about?

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Developer
    • Former Tech Admin

There's truth, there's lies, and there's lots in between. Politicians dance around the truth. I wouldn't say anyone is lying, but I'd say politicians have a way of getting as close to lying as possible without actually lying.

I think they'd all be respected a lot more if they were completely honest, but then again, honest politicians probably tend not to be elected, because the liars seem more perfect.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Politicians don't lie, they just say something and then when they're wrong they admit that their sources were incorrect. But what's the difference?

Honestly, I agree with the Cap'n, give it a rest. It's not important anymore. The government just wants to justify the actions we took against Saddam. Honestly, I think we're beyond justifications.

As far as I'm concerned, anything at this point is just a step for the Bush campaign for re-election. They're trying to sugarcoat everything now, what with setting up the new government in Iraq, and saying that we destroyed roots of terror by liberating Iraq... it's all just trying to bring everything together to make the Bush administration look like they made the right choices and actions.

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm not quite sure what's worse, that they keep saying this or that people will actually believe them.

I Give You, Exhibit A:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp..._11_commission

It's not good when the President and Vice President are saying two completely different things. Bush now says there are no links, while Cheney still says there are...

Take care all.
    Last edited by The Captain; 06-17-2004 at 08:00 AM.

Its garbage i was pretty certain they were lying from day one...

(*Guess who was right?*)

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    And this is where I say "You've got a will, but it isn't free." :]
    Quote Originally Posted by Chakan the forever man
    If you never hear from me again, it is because I came to close to the truth.

chaotic neutral

I always wondered how anyone could believe that lie. Dick Cheney seems to have a very low opinion of his fellow American's intelligence. Who would seriously believe that Osama bin Laden, a religious puritan, would have anything to do with the atheist Saddam Hussein? Osama left his own country because it isn't islamic enough for his taste. It's pretty unlikely he'd even talk to an infidel, let alone co-operate with one.

Tony Blair recently said he still believes Weapons of Mass Destruction will be found in Iraq. Him, Dubya and Cheney seem to live in an alternative reality from the rest of the world.