Thread: Techno Recommendations

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Default Techno Recommendations

All the techno I have is from CDs my friends have burned me, from friends that burned it for them, and we're absolutely clueless as to who does the stuff because none of us were given but one or two names.

So I want to go out and buy some CDs, but I don't know what to buy. What are some good techno bands out there that I would probably enjoy? It doesn't have to be in English either.

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't know any "techno" but I will recommend the electronic groups Autechre, Boards of Canada, and Tosca.

I'm not the authority on Techno music, but I do know a little. First, you may want to be more specific on what kind of Techno you like. There are three kinds (that I know of):

House: sounds very clubby
    Trance: empahsis on rhythm, sound rather hypnotic
    Jungle: souds like what I would call tribal music

I like the first two, but don't really care much for the third. I'm not very up on DJs and what not, but I would recommend Paul Oakenfold and DJ Tiesto. You may also like E-Z Roller and Basement Jaxx. If you like the clubby music, I would also recommend a compilation CD of Hex Hector remixing popular songs, among others. Someone with more knowledge on the subject will probably give you better advice.

Vocal Trance is good. Listen to www.di.fm and its vocal trance station. I like DJ GT, Raging Serenity, Lyala, Project C, Hemstock and Jennings, DJ Mystic, DJs @ Work, DJ Encore, are good ones. Especially DJ GT and Djs @ Work.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Like you, SeedRankLou, I would prefer the first two, more than the third. I just love the beats, so house would appeal the most to me. Trance sounds good too though. Yeah, so I hope that would narrow at least a couple selection. I need to check out that site now.

Banned

As EBM is a sub-genre of techno, I would recommend Laibach.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Smile DK, Daft Punk, t.A.T.u, and Move are the only ones I actually know the names of, though t.A.T.u does more than just techno. I'll try to find out whos actually doing the techno that I listen to...lol.
    I like Kung-Fu.