• Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm so happy!

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Ah, well.

I'd put Go Dodgers! as my sig now, but I don't much care for baseball. So until the NFL pre season at least and my Go Raiders! sig.

I kind of think Tashaun Prince deserved MVP for locking up Kobe and producing points. Ben Wallace also had great defense and rebounding but kept missing those open layups. I would say Rasheed Wallace but he got in too much foul trouble. Rip Hamilton had a few off nights. So yeah Tashaun. Perhaps Elden Cambell second for producing a lot every game off the bench.

I probably would have given Tayshaun second, even though he didn't stand out in any game all-around. But he kept Kobe off-balance with his freakin' 7-foot wingspan, and perhaps could have won the series for Detroit by doing that. Ben Wallace, while a defensive nightmare for the rest of the Lakers, could simply not stop Shaq. 'Sheed had one good game, but struggled in the rest. Chauncey was the most consistent Piston, thus, he wins the MVP.

If the Detroit Pistons were in that hotel room, they would have stopped Kobe from penetrating.
    Last edited by Dingo Jellybean; 06-18-2004 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dingo_Jellybean
    If the Detroit Pistons were in that locker room, they would have stopped Kobe from penetrating.
    What???

Great joke, Dingo.

Could have also said, "In That Hotel Room..." though that's a bit MORE vulgar.

EDIT: It's official, the Lakers are breaking up. Jackson is out as coach, Kobe is a free agent and now Shaq wants a trade.

Take care all.
    Last edited by The Captain; 06-19-2004 at 03:03 AM.

I was hoping Phil would stay. As soon as he sees rebuilding, he jets. That's why he's so overated as a coach. I was hoping the Lakers would go like 10-72 or something...drop his winning percentage to below .700

But that won't happen. The good news is that Malone will opt out of his contract(obviously to get a bigger one from LA) as well. This leaves the Lakers void of 4 Hall of Famers. Payton is still there, but he'll likely decide to exercise his option and play his 2nd year because he knows he won't get anything near that mid-level exception anywhere else.

So yeah, the Lakers are so doomed.

Lumberjack Recognized Member RSL's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

This is a happy day.

This blew my mind: Shaq is owed $30 million next season? Can someone say Mark Cuban as a potential buyer?

Take care all.

Yeah, Mark Cuban and Dallas have the best chance...but LA hates to send Shaq to an elite team...but they do have the components, like sending Steve Nash and Antawn Jamison and Antoine Walker with Shawn Bradley.

There were talks of sending Allen Iverson to Toronto and Vince Carter to philly too.

But the juiciest trade that will most likely happen is Tracy McGrady (along with Andrew DeClerq and Tyronn Lue) going to Houston of Steve Francis (along with Kelvin Kato and Cuttino Mobley).

Can anyone imagine a Yao/T-Mac combo? Yao's game is going to open much so much more as teams have to deal with a Top 5 player rather than a Top 25 player.

Right now, I think the T-Wolves have the best chance at the title.

Take care all.