Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Postseason Review

You misunderstood me. I meant that one day he could be better. Not now, of course, he only started 15 games this year. Stupid sentences that mean different things with the same syntax.

My mistake. Hope there's no hard feelings.

I think the Mavs have a great shot at getting past the Kings by the by.

Take care all.

Oh yeah, of course I think they'll beat the Kings. Ignore the road woes; Arco Arena is the one away arena that they have found solace in. They can win there, because they can outscore the Kings.

Quote Originally Posted by The Captain

As for FG%, really, certain players have no choice but to shoot. I said that LeBron must work on his jumpshot to really take that next step, but who is he going to pass to? Boozer is a grinder, Big Z is often in foul trouble. I agree if he maintains a 41% for his career, he won't get much better, but didn't Jordan's rookie year have a similar FG% if I'm not mistaken?

Finally, it looks like the gap is finally closing in the NBA as Indiana actually posted the best overall record, including a very good record against Western conference teams. If they can make it to the Finals, anything is possible. Still favoring the West, but an upset is more likely than in past years.

Take care all. Games start very soon, can't wait!
    Jordan shot 51.5% his Rookie year. He scored 28.7ppg in his rookie year too. There probably won't be a player as talented as Michael Jordan, but there will be comparisons. Even Kobe Bryant right now is far off from Michael Jordan as a rookie. I'm not saying this because I like MJ so much, but it's the word you'll get from every scout who has watched the NBA the past 20 years.

But this year, I do see Indiana and Detroit putting up a decent fight this year against whoever wins the West. Although San Antonio won 4-2 games last year in the Finals, did anybody seriously think the Spurs were really in trouble? They dominated the 4 games they won and lost 2 close games...but that's usually expected of a team on their first trip to the Finals in a couple of years. The Bulls won 4-2 on their first and so did the Lakers a few years ago. As San Antonio gets back to the Finals, they'll find that it's a bit easier each time.

And Tim Duncan and Gregg Popovich are the two most underated people in the league...nobody really talks or cares about them...but eh...I expect them to grab their 3rd title in 6 years.

Hmm, my mistake. I'd also throw Jerry Sloan into the underrated category.

Take care all.

I have never seen one arena more pissed at every single call than Arco was today.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I didn't notice that. Regardless, it's the loudest arena in the NBA so I guess that's expected. Go Kings!

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

in the end i wanna see indiana win it all, just so the east would win for once.
    SIg removed for exceeding 250 pixel height

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

The first round is 7 games now? Jeez, this is going to take forever. They should get rid of the first round entirely. No 5-8 seed ever has a chance and it will get rid of those crappy sub-.500 playoff teams.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Go Sonics. Bret Berry and Rashard Lewis pwn. Am from Washington btw.

Sadly, the Sonics didn't make the postseason this year, but there's always the next go around!

From the games played already:

LA looks like it will advance easily, as does San Antonio. The T-Wolves look like they'll finally get out of the first round too. The Kings and Mavs series is entertaining, but can either of these teams play defense if they advance?

On the East:
    Artest is out for Game Two, which probably won't matter.. but who knows what will happen there. I still think Indy advances easily, as does Detroit, and the Nets, though this series COULD get ugly if it goes more than 5 games. The toss-up is Miami-New Orleans. I like the Heat's chances thus far, but we'll have to wait and see!

Take care all.

The Mavs-Kings series is not playoff basketball. All those priorities that you say that you need to win ANY game...it's all crap with these teams. That's what makes is the most entertaining series in the playoffs. And neither of these teams will play defense, so whoever wins the series will go out in the second round.

I remember games in the late 1980's and early 90's, before the lockout, where both teams would score 100 points, yet it would still have a very defensive feel to it. Perhaps we can't have it both ways anymore?

Take care all.

The answer: more turnovers then, so there were more easy baskets. The games were played well defensively, and that led to more points. The Mavs led the league in fewest turnovers in 1987-88 with an average of 15.3. They lead the league this year at 12. That's a 6-point difference.

Interesting stat. I never would have even figured that. Thanks for the info!

Take care all.