Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Postseason Review

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

As much as I love to play basketball I have trouble watching it. Instead of going after rebounds teams turn around and start running to the opposite end of the court like it has been completely decided before hand. If you dive and charge for that rebound that is an extra chance. It pisses me off just like in baseball(players not bolting through first base).

When running to first base you should run so fast that you fall over because you got ahead of yourself. If you can stop in 3 or 4 steps after getting to first base you were not running hard enough or fast enough.

I want to see LA do good because I like their colors and stuff(SHUT UP!). I don't follow sports until the end of the season anyways.

I have one question...isn't it usually true that who ever has the most free throws usually wins the game.

The thing I hate about the NBA is that David Stern has made it a priority to make the games NOT compete against each other. So that's why the season is prolonged. SA has to wait until Thursday for it's next game and it's going to get worst because after the first round, games are often days apart, and David Stern doesn't want back to back games, he wants to extend the NBA season as long as possible. It's stupid if you ask me, but eh.

As for SA and LA, LA will have a tougher time...they won their opener by 1 point at home. Things are sure to get tougher at Houston...I don't see LA sweeping Houston anyways. SA on the other hand...they should sweep the Grizzlies. Although the Spurs have won just 7 more games than Memphis...they are clearly a superior team. The average margin of victory between the first 2 games is over 20 points. In the first game they led by as many as 30 points and as many as 24 points in the 2nd game...I honestly do not see how Memphis can compete. Sure they won the season series 3-1...but they are being rolled over.

Minnesota, New Jersey, and Indiana are also rolling over their opponents...so often these first round games aren't worth watching because the weaker teams are not just slightly weaker, they are FAR weaker than the top seeds.

Quote Originally Posted by edczxcvbnm
    As much as I love to play basketball I have trouble watching it. Instead of going after rebounds teams turn around and start running to the opposite end of the court like it has been completely decided before hand. If you dive and charge for that rebound that is an extra chance. It pisses me off just like in baseball(players not bolting through first base).

When running to first base you should run so fast that you fall over because you got ahead of yourself. If you can stop in 3 or 4 steps after getting to first base you were not running hard enough or fast enough.

I want to see LA do good because I like their colors and stuff(SHUT UP!). I don't follow sports until the end of the season anyways.

I have one question...isn't it usually true that who ever has the most free throws usually wins the game.

No. The San Antonio Spurs are proof of that. In a 29 team league, the Spurs ranked 26th and 24th in FT% during their 2 recent title runs. There's this misconception that FTs are critical to a game, and while they are, but if you do a lot of things right (such as defense and rebounding) and running the clock out with the lead...a win almost always result.

Well said Dingo. I'd add also that having a lot of free throws is only good if you make them. If you take 50 of them, but make only 30 or 35, that's 15-20 extra points, which is usually more than enough to swing the tide of the game.

Take care all.

I recall Game 1 of the Mavs-Spurs series last year. It was an extremely physical game, and the officiating staff noticed that, and called the fouls. The Mavs attempted 50 free throws, the Spurs 48. Pretty even, right? The Mavs made 49 of them; the Spurs 31. The Mavs won that game.

Quote Originally Posted by King Bahamut
    I recall Game 1 of the Mavs-Spurs series last year. It was an extremely physical game, and the officiating staff noticed that, and called the fouls. The Mavs attempted 50 free throws, the Spurs 48. Pretty even, right? The Mavs made 49 of them; the Spurs 31. The Mavs won that game.
    You're only recalling ONE game. Throughout the course of a series, if you do everything else right, FTs don't make that much of a difference.

The only thing I'd imagine is how scary a team San Antonio would be if they made just an average % of their FTs.

Quote Originally Posted by edczxcvbnm
    That was one game. I was giving an example of an extreme case of it.

San Antonio would be dominant if they could make an average percentage of FTs. Fortunately, not a single member of their team besides Malik Rose or possibly Ginobili actually gives an effort to get better at the line.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Go Kings! 2-0. Best series by far. Does anyone even watch the eastern conference games? Personally I'll only watch the Kings and the WC finals. Then LA or SA will win it and I'll say boring and turn to the A's game.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Whateva. But now y'all get to come down to Texas and experience an execution the way it's supposed to be.

EDIT: THAT DAMN ADELMAN IS SO STUPID! IT'S NOWITZKI, PRONOUNCE NAVITZKI. NOT NOWITZKI.

Something a bit off topic...but Ice Cube thought Scottie Pippen was the most overated player ever in the NBA.

I think that's just bogus. Pippen could've been a superstar on any other team...and without Pippen, Chicago never would have won all those titles. If Scottie was on another team he would never have 6 titles. Then again...neither would Michael Jordan. They needed each other.

Ice Cube's music and movies suck anyways...if anyone's overated, it's him.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Whateva. But now y'all get to come down to Texas and experience an execution the way it's supposed to be.
    Quite possible. Dallas and Sac are the best home teams in the NBA. We love our teams.

There's no doubt, Del. We have the two loudest arenas in the league. No teams entertain as much as we do.

There's no doubt, Del. We have the two loudest arenas in the league. No teams entertain as much as we do.
    Yet no titles between the two of you. Hmmm...

*bans Dingo from the forums*

Quote Originally Posted by dingo jellybean
    Yet no titles between the two of you.
    Actually, this doesn't help my case, but the Rochester Royals won the NBA Championship in 1951. So it's just the Mavs that haven't won a championship. And it's been longer for Washington/Baltimore.
    Last edited by Kirobaito; 04-23-2004 at 10:31 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Actually, this doesn't help my case, but the Rochester Royals won the NBA Championship in 1951.
    In your face Dingo!

I really hope a team from the Sac/Dallas/Minnesota/Denver side of the bracket wins the title.