Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101115 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Postseason Review

I know my team. I know that they don't play good defense. I know officials don't get every call right.

And I'm a sports official, Dingo. It's what I do for a living. I know what a good and bad call is. This game is full of the latter, both ways.

And Webber was not touched on that drive.

Christie palmed the ball. I could see it from Texas. It led to a three-pointer.

Quote Originally Posted by King Bahamut
    I know my team. I know that they don't play good defense. I know officials don't get every call right.

And I'm a sports official, Dingo. It's what I do for a living. I know what a good and bad call is. This game is full of the latter, both ways.

And Webber was not touched on that drive.
    You're not in an NBA game. The referees in the game all have had at least 10 years experience, more than half of your existance. The NBA game is much tougher to call because players are faster, bigger, and stronger. It's much different than calling a middle school game full of 5 feet tall basketball players.

So Christie didn't palm the ball 3 feet from the official?

So Webber was "hit on the arm", 3 feet from the official?

Never mind about the palming, the officials had a make-up call. They passed over a Dirk travel.

And Webber shoved off to get that rebound. It's the fact that I'm seeing all these things, and the officials don't see one. And they're all obvious.

Very good. Webber traveled. They called it.

So Christie didn't palm the ball 3 feet from the official?

So Webber was "hit on the arm", 3 feet from the official?

Never mind about the palming, the officials had a make-up call. They passed over a Dirk travel.
    What are you talking about? Palming is allowed in the NBA. That's why Allen Iverson has so many crossovers. You just can't HOLD the ball. Holding is anything longer than 2 seconds. These officials are doing a laid back job in this game...if the calls were against Dallas like you claimed, they wouldn't score 96 points through 3 quarters.

This is the Mavs-Kings. There is no defense played. There IS no defense in this game.

AND MILLER JUST SHOVED HIM AGAIN! SHOVED JAMISON AFTER THE PLAY! CALL A FREAKIN' TECH ALREADY!

And don't say 'Grow up' or anything like that. Has Miller or has Miller not shoved players for no reason.

This is the Mavs-Kings. There is no defense played. There IS no defense in this game.

AND MILLER JUST SHOVED HIM AGAIN! SHOVED JAMISON AFTER THE PLAY! CALL A FREAKIN' TECH ALREADY!
    Of course there's defense, otherwise the score would be 160-158...but there's just so little of it. If fouls were called, the game would be slowed down because players want to protect themselves from being ejected and they usually tend to be less aggressive offensively which leads to less aggressive defense, in most cases. You've watched enough of the NBA game to know that...or at least you SHOULD know that.

As for the tech...it's not like it was a hard shove. Otherwise Jamison would've swung at him. Pushes like this happen quite often in the NBA game, calling them would be frugal. I remembered early in the game Finley shoved Christie a bit...but the officials didn't call that.

Jamison has never swung at anyone in his life. He's a hard-working, humble Christian. And with Daniels it was a hard shove. And they missed a travel on Webber. He changed his pivot foot again. Atleast they called it on Christie.

And don't be a smartass about the "defense" played.

EDIT: Even if the Kings end up winning this game, the Mavs would have still averaged more points than them in the series. Weird.

Oh well. Still a close series though. You can't deny that. So what if it was 4-1? The Mavericks were 3 shots away from winning the series. They just came up short.
    Last edited by Kirobaito; 04-30-2004 at 06:04 AM.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

This is why I don't doctor pitcures to make Nash look like Quasimodo or something. It always comes beack to bite you in the butt.

I said this last year and I'll say it again, the Kings and the Lakers are forever linked. When one advances, the other does. Last year I was upset when the Lakers lost to SA because I knew it was the end for the Kings (yeah they lost Webber in that series, but I wasn't too concerned. Sac is the only good team that is still a good team without their star player, proven this year). Sacramento will not win an NBA championship without getting revenge on Los Angeles. So go Kings (and Lakers )! And Denver too, might as well make it a little easier on them.

Watch the flames of calling people idiots, guys.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Anyone else looking forward to Pistons - Nets second round? That has the potential to be VERY interesting, even if neither team makes it to the finals.

Take care all.

Like I said earlier...whoever wins in this SA-LA matchup will win the title. I just can't fathom anyone else winning it. Minnesota has a decent shot, and I think Detroit and Indiana stand a better chance than Sacramento. Giving up that many points always seems to spell doom for the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder
    This is why I don't doctor pitcures to make Nash look like Quasimodo or something. It always comes beack to bite you in the butt.

Watch the flames of calling people idiots, guys.
    Nash doesn't look like Quasimodo. But Bibby does look like Mini-Me. (you can't deny it...)

And I would just like to point out that I never called Dingo an idiot. I called him a smartass.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

But you have to admit that Nash is one ugly sumbitch. Not to knock his ability, he's a great player. He's just no Rick Fox (in his earlier days).

Sacramento can beat Minnesota. Can Sacramento beat the other two? Yes. Just like Houston could have beaten LA, like Dallas could have beaten Sac, but not like the Bucs could have beaten Detroit. That just wasn't going to happen. There is still a chance for the Kings! They have enough talent to get it done.

You'd be amazed at how many girls like Steve Nash, and are obsessed with him.

I dunno Del. Their defense isn't as good as it was a few years ago when they lost in 7 to LA. If they could regain THAT defense, then I'd say they have more than a shooter's chance.

In about 2 minutes, it'll be official: Minnesota has finally advanced to round 2! KG is the MVP hands down this season. Duncan is always great, but Garnett raised his game to a whole new level this season. Good for him!

Take care all.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I want the winner of the Minnesota-Sac series to win the title. That'll be a good series. I doubt the Kings will even try to contain KG. They will probably focus more on the other two, kind of how they let Nowitski do what he wanted in games 1&2 while keeping Finley and Nash quiet. Makes some sense, since you'll get burned trying to figure Garnett out.