Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Postseason Review

Nah, I got what he meant. But seeing those words from a human being makes me want to kill them, no matter what the circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by The Captain
    No, you misunderstand I think. He said in a previous post that if he roots for the Lakers, they seem to lose.

If the Lakers win again... I don't know what I'll do. Here's what pisses me off most of all:
    "Kobe Bryant's heroics". Since he has a great game and helps lead his team to victory, he is praised for his heroic performance, yet, isn't he on trial for rape? How is going from court and possible prison sentence to playing basketball heroic? Disgusting.

Take care all.
    Yeah. I hate the word heroics used in sports, but I know what they mean. They mean the mental and physical toll it takes on someone to concentrate and do so well at it. But this isn't rocket science, so let's not get too far ahead of ourselves here. If he's on court and then aces a rocket science exam, okay...he deserves that...but this is basketball. A game that is mostly subsconscious more than conscious.

So yeah...if Kobe can be a hero for rape, I think I can be a god for a massacre.

Point taken, my apologies. Still can't believe that shot happened, reminds me of the Knicks run to the Finals a few years ago.

Take care all.

Gawd dammit. Why the is LA always winning these things? Ugh.

Robert Horry has become a liability. He misses every 3 he takes. So much for Mr.Clutch. More like Mr.Clank.

Now no one will beat LA. Stupid Lakers. I hope someone bombs the Staples center or something.

Maybe Robert Horry was paid by the Lakers to miss those shots.

That's the biggest choke job ever. I don't care what happened in game 5. If the Spurs only made an average percentage of their FTs, they'd be unbeatable.

I mean of course this team isn't like last year's team, who had the always dangerous Steve Kerr. Not to mention the defense of David Robinson and the shooting of Stephen Jackson. With that being said, San Antonio SHOULD WIN THE TITLE NEXT YEAR.

So yeah, damn Kobe and his small-hands-jacking-up-30 shots a night to get 20. Not to mention Shaq...well, I can at least respect him. Karl Malone is a bit overated...and don't get me started on GP.

I'm still holding out hope that someone will take them down.

Take care all.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

LA was 2-6 combined against the Kings and Wolves this year so anything can happen. At least the Lakers winning means the Kings will win, since they're linked.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Contributions
    • Created Eyes on Final Fantasy
    • Former Administrator

I hope the Kings win. Either way, LA is a different team in the playoffs, as is proof in defeating the best team in the NBA (San Antonio). Yes, IMO they are the best. This should be interesting.

Lumberjack Recognized Member RSL's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Man, I hope the T'Wolves take them down, hard. (Assuming they get by the Kings, of course.)

Articles
    Contributions
    • Created Eyes on Final Fantasy
    • Former Administrator

*bans RSL*

Go Lakers. Place your bets.

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I hope it's a SA - LA Western's Finals series. Only because Southern California needs to reaffirm its superiority over Northern California.

An Indiana - LA Final would be interesting, I think.

If the Kings find their defense of a few years ago, I give them a shot, but I actually think the T-wolves would be a better series against the Lakers.

Nets-Pacers should be a good Eastern Finals as well.

Hmm, not sure what to make of the Garnett-Peeler incident, but Peeler DID take a shot at the head.

Take care all.
    Last edited by The Captain; 05-16-2004 at 10:31 PM.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Garnett did start the roughhousing, but a shot above the shoulders does deserve a heavier punishment. Hopefully Peeler won't be suspended for game 7. Then again, Buford did a good job filling end. They still have a good chance.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Actually, at the other end of the court, before Garnett elbowed Peeler, Peeler elbowed Garnett in the crotch. That's why he was down to begin with.