Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Postseason Review

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

What Garnett did is seen in any playoff game. Peeler took it too far.

I thought Bibby did a great job. The Lakers had trouble with him two years ago.

EDIT: KB, I didn't know that.

That's what it appeared in a replay, at least. Garnett is a hothead, but he's not THAT much of a hothead, unless he had a good reason for it. Before Garnett went down, Peeler did something involving his arm and Garnett's waist area. The way Garnett went down, it was either a grabbing or an elbowing of the crotch, most likely the latter, because of the way Garnett responded.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I did not know it was in the crotch. That's a little bit more sensitive. Game 7 should be a good contest.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Lumberjack Recognized Member RSL's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I want the Timberwolves to win, since they are pretty much the local team around here, but I'll gladly cheer for whoever ends up winning it to beat the Lakers.

The elbow was on Garnett's stomach. Either way, Peeler shouldn't have retaliated...thankfully for Minny they won't lose Garnett. These incidents happen too often, where the star player is often targetted by a small role player.

But I hope Minnesota wins. They have a better chance of beating LA...and no way Malone can guard Garnett. He's too athletic and quick.

Yeah, okay, I was close by saying the crotch. But it was still a stupid, cowardly act by Peeler. Just another tactic by Sacto to steal a victory away from the better team.

EDIT: And also, could a Knight change the name of this thread to "NBA Postseason Review?
    Last edited by Kirobaito; 05-17-2004 at 04:43 AM.

Kenny Smith noticed on Inside The NBA that Peeler had been hit by Wally S, and then Garnett began to guard him, so it seemed Peeler meant to hit Wally, but hit Garnett instead. Interesting.

Take care all.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Maybe if Peeler gets suspended the Kings will play Bobby Jackson and he will become the Game 7 hero!

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Nah. I say Chris Webber goes 1-for-81 from the field, and scores 1 point in Game 7. They take one of his points away because he whined that he was fouled during it.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Okay. Now that Minnesota has wrapped it up, I'm taking them over the Lakers in 5.

Wow, what a game 7!

Two words: Kevin Garnett. That was a performance for the ages.

He deserves better than to play the Lakers Friday night.

Take care all.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

He pretty much single handedly won that game for the Wolves tonight. Hopefully he'll put up that kind of effort against the Lakers.

edit: And man, that last shot by Webber.. wow. So close. When he shot it I thought his foot was on the line so I wasn't even worried. But after seeing a replay, I have no idea why I thought that. In and out. So close.

I hope he does, but the problem is:

Cassell is very hurt, and they NEED him to have any chance. I love Garnett to death, but him versus Shaq, Kobe, Malone, and Payton is quite a tall order.

Take care all.

I had to switch pants after watching the end of that game. In fact just thinking about it...*runs to bathroom*

That was incredible. I say that us (meaning RSL, The Captain, Dingo Jellybean, Myself, and Del, perhaps) all change our avatars and sigs to Minny/anti-Laker ones during the Conference Finals. Just to upset Yams. Perhaps. It's just an idea.

Hmm... an interesting thought. Though, I have a sneaking fear that if we start flaunting our T-Wolves love, they'll go down very quickly...

Take care all.