Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: NBA Postseason Review

Can it BE????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, they did it!

The Pistons have taken game one!

Take care all.

Yeah, I love that Pistons defense.

If you were to take a poll of who's a better coach, Phil Jackson or Larry Brown, I guarantee you most people familiar with basketball(AKA none of those Laker/Bulls fanboys) that Larry Brown would come out as a better coach.

Though I don't see Detroit keeping this up, this is definitely a better team Larry has coached than that 76ers team in 2001.

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm pretty sure Phil Jackson is one of the most innovative and significant coaches in the history of the NBA. He has a <i>few</i> more rings than Larry Brown too.

That said, go Pistons.

When it comes to being more knowledgeable about basketball, and a better basketball coach, I think Larry Brown is the better coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsunami Bren
    I'm pretty sure Phil Jackson is one of the most innovative and significant coaches in the history of the NBA. He has a <i>few</i> more rings than Larry Brown too.

That said, go Pistons.
    That's what happens when you have Jordan/Pippen and Shaq/Kobe.

Who should be my sig after the Pistons win game 2?

ben wallace
    SIg removed for exceeding 250 pixel height

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Lumberjack Recognized Member RSL's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Down with the Lakers!

One thing that always irks me about the Lakers, Mr. Bryant especially, is that he NEVER, EVER gives any credit to the other team. I suppose you can call it Champion Arrogance?

When asked why the Pistons D was so effective, he responds: "We just haven't figured them out yet."

When asked if Tayshaun Prince's length had bothered his shooting: "He's a role player, though no where near Fish. (Derek Fisher)."

When asked if the Pistons really have a shot: "We really didn't try hard enough."

Is it me, or is he a bit TOO laid back? This is the Finals, not the Regular Season, or even early rounds. Sure the Lakers looked out of it early in other series's thus far, but can they really keep coming back?

Take care all.

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by King Bahamut
    Who should be my sig after the Pistons win game 2?
    Tayshaun Prince, with the picture of his rejection of Reggie Miller's layup.

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well, one of the reasons Phil Jackson had Jordan/Pippen and now Shaq/Kobe is that these star players flock to play under him. Convincing the superstars to play for you and maximizing their potential is not easy.

Quote Originally Posted by muchacho
    ben wallace
    I had that up until the end of Game 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Strider
    Tayshaun Prince, with the picture of his rejection of Reggie Miller's layup.
    I'll see if I can find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsunami Bren
    Well, one of the reasons Phil Jackson had Jordan/Pippen and now Shaq/Kobe is that these star players flock to play under him. Convincing the superstars to play for you and maximizing their potential is not easy.
    You have to remember that Phil Jackson took over for Pippen/Jordan when they just began at the peak of their careers.

Jordan flourished under Doug Collins, averaging over 37ppg in one season, but Pippen didn't come onto the Bulls roster until a year before Phil Jackson took over. If Doug Collins still would have coached the Bulls, it's pretty much a given he would've had 6 titles himself.

As for Shaq/Kobe, it's the same situation. Jackson doesn't build, he just takes over. No other team in the league has two superstars. If you put Phil Jackson in Golden State, he'll end up with the same record as Eric Musselman ended up with.

I'm not saying Phil Jackson is a bad coach, he's a good coach...just not a great one. The smartest guys aren't always CEOs of companies, and the best coaches don't have 9 titles...they are opportunists, and that's what Phil Jackson is.

I must say, Detroit is making this a heckuva series! Here's hoping they keep it up for 2 and a half more minutes...

EDIT: Well, getting a split in LA is good enough for now. However, Detroit has to keep playing hard and with a chip on their shoulder.

Take care all.
    Last edited by The Captain; 06-09-2004 at 05:12 AM.