Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Postseason Review

Kevin Garnett averages like 18.5 rebounds against the Kings anyways. They have no answer for him. The Lakers should win this series, because once they got past San Antonio, I knew it was just over for them. As much as I want Minnesota to win, they don't have a prayer.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

The Wolves now become the underdogs. I hope they win because the Lakers winning has been done too many times. Or, maybe, that other conference can produce a winner! Nah. Either way I've lost interest now that the Kings are out. The NBA isn't as exciting without a team to root for. They put up a good fight without home court and just came up one basket short. Not a bad way to go down, but this was a team that was built to win now. My Bay Area teams always let me down in the playoffs.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Do you think Webber and/or Adelman are done in Sacto?

Take care all.

Quote Originally Posted by The Captain
    Do you think Webber and/or Adelman are done in Sacto?

Take care all.
    Not only will Sacramento re-alter it's entire team, so will Dallas and LA. So next year it'll just be a 2 team struggle for supremacy in Minnesota and San Antonio, that's not just in the western conference, but in the league. I still don't see how Indiana or Detroit can handle either western power.

LA will probably lose it's 5 hall of famers except Shaq, Sac will look to trade for defensive players and probably trade Bobby Jackson, Doug Christie, and Vlade might retire. Dallas will probably bolt Antoine Walker somewhere, and pick up a few defensive guys...but their big 3 of Nash, Finley, and Nowitski are definitely in for the long haul.

So if some of you don't like dynasties, you're in for a long year next year.

Lumberjack Recognized Member RSL's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Man I hate the Lakers.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I don't see the Kings dismantling the team they have, but I don't really pay attention to the inside stuff. I hope they don't, I like their starting 5 +Jackson. Miller I'm not as fond of.

Vlade said he wants to work out a deal and stay with the Kings until he retires. He doesn't play much but I think they need his leadership presense.

Yeah, but his cigarette smoking habits could spread to the other teammates if he sticks around.

...what?

I think Vlade should retire and become an assistant coach for the Kings. Seriously. He'd be able to give all the advice, not have to worry about having his body give out on him during the long season and it would free up some salary cap. Despite the flops, he IS one of the finest leaders the NBA has in the locker room hands down.

Question for you Del, and all Kings fans should be, where was Peja? Bibby played all right, but not his best. Webber I think, either needs to seriously work out this summer, or add something to his game because he's no longer going to be a power player that he once was.

As for the current series, it's over unless Cassell is healthy, bottom line. Garnett can get the T-Wolves a win or two, but without another proven option, it's an almost impossible task. Like was said after the game, Garnett has to play 6 games in a row like he played Game 7 versus Sacto to give the Wolves any chance. I love Garnett, and know he's going to win a title soon, but alas, I don't think this is his year.

San Antonio will definitely be back. Duncan won't have another series like the one he just had. Shaq will be a year older, I don't see Payton returning to LA, Malone might retire if he gets his ring, and Bryant... who knows where he is going.

Dallas, is in a tough position because as great as the Big 3 are, I don't see how much better they can get, and they need to take it up to the next level to have a shot at the title.

Who knows what next year will look like. Two teams I'm high on now for next season are Memphis, and Houston if they trade Steve Francis. If Cassell returns healthy next year, Minnesota is also a very legit title contender, if Garnett stays hungry, which I truly believe he will.

Take care all.

It'll be funny to see Kobe go to Orlando and see his stock plumet as a marketing tool. But no way LA will win next year.

I think next year San Antonio will pretty much take the title with ease. I honestly cannot foresee anyone else winning the title. Tony Parker WILL be an all-star next year, and he'll actually put together a good series rather than a good 2 games.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

[q="Dingo"]I think next year San Antonio will pretty much take the title with ease. I honestly cannot foresee anyone else winning the title. [/q]

[q="KB"]I think next year Dallas will pretty much take the title with ease. I honestly cannot foresee anyone else winning the title. [/q]

[q="Del Murder"]I think next year Sacramento will pretty much take the title with ease. I honestly cannot foresee anyone else winning the title. [/q]

*nod* You quote us well.

So that adds up to: A title in.... Seattle?

Take care all.

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder
    [q="Dingo"]I think next year San Antonio will pretty much take the title with ease. I honestly cannot foresee anyone else winning the title. [/q]

[q="KB"]I think next year Dallas will pretty much take the title with ease. I honestly cannot foresee anyone else winning the title. [/q]

[q="Del Murder"]I think next year Sacramento will pretty much take the title with ease. I honestly cannot foresee anyone else winning the title. [/q]
    Yes, but remember, my view is the only one that's not biased. I'm a fan of the Wizards.

Lumberjack Recognized Member RSL's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

[QQ=Dingo_Jellybean]Yes, but remember, my view is the only one that's not biased. I'm a fan of the Wizards.[/QQ]

The Wizards have fans?

Good one, RSL. I've been wanting to pull that one on him for months now.