Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Midgar zolom

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I used to amuse myself by returning to the swamp during disc three and slaughtering many thousands of Zoloms.
    Well, not that many, but it's still entertaining to make short work of the serpent that everyone's wetting themselves over during disc one. Also, getting Beta, as has been mentioned, makes the Enemy Skill materia all the more powerful.

It's easy to avoid the Zolom even with no Chocobo... you just have to save your game when you're halfway across the swamp, before the Zolom gets to you. Then, if you're killed, just continue from where you saved. The Zolom will have to re-start from way back on the other side of the swamp.

When do you first get enemy skill materia is there any way to get it before you cross the ocean to costa del sol?
    I seriously got this the first time I tried it.

From "Final Fantasy 7"
    What Video Game Villain Are You?

well the first place you can get it is in the shinra building level 68.....thats way before costa del sol....
    It sucks to live in New Jersey, belive me....

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Shadow
    On my Solo Character, Initial Equipment, No Materia quest I HAD to face him since I couldn't use the Chocobo materia since it was a 100% materia free quest. O my god! That snake wiped me out so many times. It was the trow away character from battle thing that took me out all the time.
    No you don't. As a few have said before, there is a point on the swamp if you wait until the Midgar Zolom is far enough away that you can run across and it won't have time to attack you before you make it to the other side. And I have also heard of a way where you start going across the swamp, and right before you get attacked you save and restart the game, and when you come back, you are at the spot where you were about to be attacked, but the Midgar Zolom is away from you again. That way is cheap, but it works.

It was in level 68 of the shinra building! Where was it? As for getting across the swamp without fighting the midgar zolom both ways that were mentioned do work as I have done them myself.

From "Final Fantasy 7"

Right after the fight with HO512, the one that Red XIII helps you with. There's a yellow materia where Red XIII was trapped with Aeris.

Forgot about that one I usualy always go in there (everytime thinking I can use it as an elevator) just forgot this time oh well you can always get that materia and beta later.

From "Final Fantasy 7"

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Just be careful. By the time you get back to Midgar you'll have only one oppurtunity left to learn Trine. (SPOILER) From Godo. So don't take him on until after the Midgar raid. I was able to equip two E-skill materia on Yuffie and learn Trine on both. The trick was to have the exact same learned E-skills on both.