Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Midgar zolom

Default Midgar zolom

Has anyone else just killed the midgar zolom? I was so sick of giving chocobo billie my money so I just leveled up a bit and killed the stupid thing, of course it immediantly came back but gave me enough time to cross the swamp.
    I seriously got this the first time I tried it.

From "Final Fantasy 7"
    What Video Game Villain Are You?

I killed it, the sucker dies in 1 hit. I mean I have the Ultima Weapon so it's easy.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Joel
    I killed it, the sucker dies in 1 hit. I mean I have the Ultima Weapon so it's easy.
    I'm pretty sure he meant in the beginning of the game, Joel.

I've always avoided him, it only takes me one try to cross the swamp on a chocobo anyway.
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

That would take a lot of leveling up, Pete, 'cause the Zolom's really tough at the beginning of the game.

I just use the chocobo.

I always got the chocobo, but i didnt continue in the game until i got the Beta skill. I also got bored once and tried to make it across without a chocobo and without getting snagged by the Zolom, believe it of not I did make it across once. made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
    Last edited by Evil_Cloud; 06-17-2004 at 09:22 PM.

Blog Entries

On my Solo Character, Initial Equipment, No Materia quest I HAD to face him since I couldn't use the Chocobo materia since it was a 100% materia free quest. O my god! That snake wiped me out so many times. It was the trow away character from battle thing that took me out all the time.

I waited until Disc 2 to kill it (in one hit, of course), but my friend went ahead and killed him at the beginning. He's the kind of person who likes to be on level 47 before he even gets out of Midgar.

i killed the thing once, with ultimate weapon and on lv. 99...never did it again,because that thing scares me.

n o - l o v e - o r - g l o r y
    Goodbyes|Me|Trinity|Us|Mako Eyes
    Mercenary

when i first started, i killed it even though i wasnt at a high level, i was lucky i guess...

It can be killed, its just risky. I mean, it can remove one of your party members and then it casts beta when its almost dead. That'll knock off 1500 HP minimum. Still- nice enemy skill though.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Cloud
    I always got the chocobo, but i didnt continue in the game until i got the Beta skill. I also got bored once and tried to make it across without a chocobo and without getting snagged by the Zolom, believe it of not I did make it across once. made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
    I've done that as well. It surpised the heck out of me.

well i thought it was impossible to make it across without encountering it.....
    It sucks to live in New Jersey, belive me....

Default Oh, i'm sure it's possible.

It just takes some extra conviction.

Some of our members are... bigger dorks than others.

(-o-)

-tie fighter

He's really not that hard but don't read any further if you want to figure it out yourself all you have to do is be about level 19 and make sure to have barret's Mindblow so you can steal its MP and it can't cast beta. As for getting across the swamp without facing the midgar zolom or riding a chocobo, if you wait until it's in the back of the left corner on your side you can just make it across.
    I seriously got this the first time I tried it.

From "Final Fantasy 7"
    What Video Game Villain Are You?

Eoff Designer Recognized Member Rinoabella's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design
    That snake is actually quite scary, the way it creeps up on you and all. I think that everyone who beats it at that stage in the game should be proud of themself. I think it is possible to run across without a chocobo, and without getting caught.