Thread: Transformers - calling all fans

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

It still belongs in the Lounge, but at the very least people will see the redirect in GC so your effort wasn't for nothing.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

this doesnt belong in the lounge because technically im talking about the fans, not so much teh show, also transformers is currently readable in novels and graphic novels, videogames, onloine forums, collectors materials etc

Hey Kiro, you do like them, i just got my BM brand spankin new Cheetor today

Rye.......TF was originally vehicles, G1 was the classic show with Optimus Prime, it was radical and controversial to create beastwars and Beastmachines in the first place....and Beastmachines was a divide, vehicons with no signs of organics vs the maximals who were almost entirely organic (technoganic). I agree Armada was naff, but it had some good points

Yo Somthing, i cried too for Dinobot, plus TF the movie is my fav film of all time. I was reffering to the god's religion of cybertron about Primus and Unicron, and in Beastmachines they became heavily spiritual, do learn to transform you had to look within, reach out to the matrix and come to peace. Primal became a guru and prophet.
    the bat primal was called Optimus Minor

Even the creators of beastmachines point out that the powers that be PUNISHED THEM, Mainframe were told they would only get half teh time to create episodes and half the pay. The also wanted to create a darker show for a more mature audiance.....sure instead they created a program about running away, but there were also alot of good parts with teh bad. SilverBolt went from teh chivalrous knight to the revengeful samurai because Megatron had abused him, he had twisted Silverbolt inside out and turned him into a weapon of mass destruction. Ratrap didnt have an easy time either, primals warriors excelled in learning to transform, there wasnt any quick fix, only encountering your own spirituality would allow you to turn into a robot, so rattrap sold out to Megatron. The whole show as about morality and ethics.....Machine versus nature, weather Might was right or Might should be used for right. it wasnt simply a cartoon with a guest villian of the week.

If anyone wants a taste of TF, check out Transfandom, it's a big resource with a thriving community and a online monthly TF mag.

if anyone wants i can ansure most TF questions, but this isnt a place for TF hate
    The world can end in a blood smeared second, but as warriors we live within those seconds.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

[q=Snowman]this doesnt belong in the lounge because technically im talking about the fans, not so much teh show, also transformers is currently readable in novels and graphic novels, videogames, onloine forums, collectors materials etc[/q]
    Yeah, but all of these are based on what was primarily a TV show. For example, we wouldn't put info on the FFVII movie sequel in this forum, because it's based on what is primarily a game. Lounge gets plenty of traffic so plenty of people will still see it.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

actually the TV show in the 80's was only BECAUSE of a toyline. everyone else started talking about the shows....not me. are you offended by it's presance, if not why are you moaning about it?
    The world can end in a blood smeared second, but as warriors we live within those seconds.

Actually, you were the one moaning about it, not Del.

Anyway, off to eBay to see if I can finally land a good Transmetal Rattrap and an Inferno.

I used to love beastwars! That show was one of my favorites of all time! Tigertron was my favorite.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I watched the ancient Transformers cartoon, but once I reached age 5, it seemed to disappear. Perhaps the 'toon stopped showing on Children's ITV, or perhaps I didn't turn the television on very much after I received my NES.

After all, who wants to watch Transformers when you can shoot 8-bit ducks with a lazer rifle of some variety?
    "As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless,
    uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?"

id rather watch a ground breaking giant robot serise who's morality was to protect life rather than shooting ducks thanxx

not that i want to be the flint to spark off a flame here, but dell was the one to decide in his own wisdom that i had put it in the wrong place and challenge that fact...and then keep pushing it, since i started the thread i felt it was in my interest to defend my own reasoning with points...if you call that moaning Kiro

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman
    id rather watch a ground breaking giant robot serise who's morality was to protect life rather than shooting ducks thanxx
    Transfromers weren't ground breaking. Gundam started the entire giant robot thing in 1979.

I just bought an Inferno from eBay for $18.99. I'm happy now.

which inferno? no beastmachines or beastwars toys were released over here in the UK so im steadily picking up my stuff slowly on ebay, it's a godsend lol.

i never said TF was groundbreaking for starting giant robots off, the same way evangelion is groundbreaking for giving giant robots a deep plot thats never ending when you start reading angelic scripts and maps of the human mind, transformers was groundbreaking for our western culture. although it stems from a small serise of toys with a differnt name in japan, it's actually a western invention, neat considering we didnt embrace giant robots, but also theres few, or at least back then, few Giant Robot serise were WE are the aliens and the show is from their point of veiw, living, eating, reproducing mech-aliens from a techno planet with their own religions, martial arts, hiostory etc. theres much more to them than transforming into a cool car or pencil sharpener.

Does anyone collect dreamwaves topclass comics on the transformers.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Transformers is in my mind the greatest cartoon to ever exist on the small screen (The Emporer's New Groove wins the big screen).

I had loads of transformers back in the day, the only one I still have is Swoop, because he was by far my favourite of the lot. It was a really nice one, too, not just cheapo plastic crap. If I could keep any one toy from my youth (outside soft toys I had from birth etc) it would be Swoop.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

OOHH loony, ive wanted a swoop for YEARS (the only dinobot im missing). TF is my fav show possibly ever. sure i love farscape and others...but TF always comforts me, a classic battle between good and evil where the heroes were really as good as they said, Optimus Prime has always been a rolemodel, very arthurian.

i want swoop

The original Deluxe Inferno, he's pretty big. Enormous fire ant. <a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5904448214">This one, to be exact.</a>

I'm also thinking of purchasing the entire TF G1 series on DVD. It'd cost somewhere around 150-200 dollars, so I'm not too sure.

I absolutely LOVE Beast Wars. I've got the first two seasons on DVD, and I'm really looking forward to getting Season 3. The show was just so well-written and had such great characters (Rhinox, Waspinator, Tarantulas, Dinobot, etc).

I never got any of the toys, though. They kind of scare me. Most of them look really crazy and nothing like the characters on the show.

Oh, and I was not a fan of Beast Machines at all, mainly because of how they ruined Rhinox's character for me. And all sorts of other things, of course.