Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: FF8! What's Wrong With It?

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder
    I think drawing magic took too long and the characters weren't cool enough. Otherwise this game wasn't that bad.

????

But that was the game .... oh....

It took long but i liked that system it made me stratigize, instead of justkilling off everything or using as much of any magic whenever i felt like it.

In my opinion great game entertained me for so many hours even after i beat it the first 3 times...man good times...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    And this is where I say "You've got a will, but it isn't free." :]
    Quote Originally Posted by Chakan the forever man
    If you never hear from me again, it is because I came to close to the truth.

Stupid boring Laguna flashbacks. That is all.

Smile Final Fantasy VIII is A Final Fantasy

Hi, jaja you should not be so drastic with this amazing game, how many hours did you enjoy it ?, I would say that the most memorable Video Game Moment in the history is the Intro with the blasting libery fataly (My heart still Beat faster when I see it ) . I think The caracthers are perfect , And the storyline... well, those who think that it is simple can go and take a look to the Forum About "rinoa is Ultimecia" and see the imposible puzzle that the story writers create. enjoy it !, It Got The final fantasy signature, it got to be awesome.

This isn't the worst one, FFIX was, but now FFXI is (my opinions). This one was pretty boring though. It wouldn't be so bad if using GF's wasn't frowned upon (your rank is partly determined by how often you use GFs, and the more, the worse). I'd also rather use MP than to have so many uses before you have to start drawing magic from certain enemies at certain levels. You also can't use junctioned magic too often, or having them junctioned would be pointless...I didn't like that.

:shoot:

Misspelled for No Reason. GhandiOwnsYou's Avatar

(SPOILER)Spoiler: Squall spends the majority of the first 2 discs berating or ignoring Rinoa. Then out of nowhere he's all head-over-heels for her, and there was ABSOLUTELY NOTHING THAT TRIGGERED THIS.
    Actually.... that would be character developement. The idea is that he's so trained into being stoic and isolated as a protective measure, that even though he is growing an affection towards her, he acts like an ass to cover it up and remain "safe." when he finally does come around, it's the showing of him rejecting his former lifestyle and realizing some things are worth it. viola. Trying looking at the psychology instead of the actions.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

The point isn't that there wasn't developement, it's that it happened too rapidly. The point was that he thought of Rinoa as a hindrance and an annoyance, and the second she goes comotose, he's completely and totally head over heels in love with her. It was poorly done.

The game had great potential. I thought the first two discs were awesome. When they brought Ultemecia into the picture, it just got too predictable and boring. They touched a strange topic, time travel. Time travel is always going to get sticky in the end, no matter how well executed it is. Personally, that aspect of FFVIII just irked me.

Like many have mentioned, they completely blew it on the developement of the other characters. They all got to shine for just a moment, but then they just fell into the background again. Had there been more back story behind each of them and something interesting enough to hook a player, it could have been awesome.

FFVIII had great potential, but Squaresoft blew it.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphier
    The point isn't that there wasn't developement, it's that it happened too rapidly. The point was that he thought of Rinoa as a hindrance and an annoyance, and the second she goes comotose, he's completely and totally head over heels in love with her. It was poorly done.

The game had great potential. I thought the first two discs were awesome. When they brought Ultemecia into the picture, it just got too predictable and boring. They touched a strange topic, time travel. Time travel is always going to get sticky in the end, no matter how well executed it is. Personally, that aspect of FFVIII just irked me.

Like many have mentioned, they completely blew it on the developement of the other characters. They all got to shine for just a moment, but then they just fell into the background again. Had there been more back story behind each of them and something interesting enough to hook a player, it could have been awesome.

FFVIII had great potential, but Squaresoft blew it.
    Agreed.

The development was there for Squall, but it was poorly done and rushed, which made it unbelievable. Any talk of subtlety seems silly to me, because you were privy to Squall's thoughts almost constantly.

i just thought of this the other day but i dunno if anyone has thought of this yet though. when you have the ragnarok you can auto-piolet it to various places right? well i think that you should be able to make your own locations that you can auto piolet to. example, you bring up the world map that covers the whole screen and you move the pointer to the island closet to hell and it will make a dot on it (just like where there are towns and cities), so you can easily auto piolet there. another useful place would be battleship island, the island closest closest to heaven, and cactuar's island. im such a genious lol :yap: :upsidedow :rolleyes:

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Griever_Leonhart
    Stupid boring Laguna flashbacks. That is all.
    they were my favourite part of the game!!
    "A pro isn't someone that sacrafices himself for his job. Thats just a fool".
    --Reno from the turks, ff7.

Sorry for not knowing, but where is the Battleship Island?

To comment, yeah, that would've been sweet!

battleship island, ya know the research island thing where you fight bahamut, ultima, and get eden? zell calls it battleship island when you first get there
    "A pro isn't someone that sacrafices himself for his job. Thats just a fool".
    --Reno from the turks, ff7.

Ah, that, I know it as the research lab . I don't like fighting there...can't use tents.

Default VIII is awesome

I played V, VI and VII before I played VIII, and it was amazing. Itīs just different, and like everything different , have enemies. V was amazing but I didnīt like the story, VI was blamed to be very easy and nowadays itīs the best SNES RPG. VII was awesome, and nobody in nintendo realized that until It moved To PS, afeter that, it was a blast everybody love it for different reasons, now when you see new fans playing it they say "I Dont Like This Punky graphics Waaa", I first saw the VIII in a giant TV Shop amazing. The ultimecia - rinoa is giving this game new life , so the story isnīt too simple as "Rinoa I love you", IX another bad fame game, people donīt like it because it looks like a 6 years old child game, and they donīt even give it a chance. X is incredible but not everbody like it too, Dude looks like a lady I heard. XI online , Itīs just so exclusive that some fans can even see it in the shops, and X-2 intro is just like a Britney spears video, itīs just so femenine that Iīm playing it scared that my friends donīt catch me playing a game with tree barbies kicking monster to look pretty.

The only thing wrong with ff8 is that you can't tilt selphie during scan.

Come on, every guy here tried it once.

She wears white panties. The camera angle changed far enough when I was casting magic once.
    In fact, almost, if not, all video game characters in 'T' or less ratings wear white underwear, just in case the camera spazzes out and you see that area. Either that, or they have nothing there, like Link in The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time and Majora's Mask.

The storyline was good but more often than not you'll find yourself saying "huh?". It was pretty hard to make sense of the story. Someone had to play it over again to fully grasp what was going on.

Also, the battle system was probably the worst of all the FFs I've played. Random battles were tedious and because of junctioning, players were reluctant to use magic for fear that it would weaken their character stats. Random battles basically came down to drawing magic and summoning GFs with 5 minute long sequences. I got so tired of it that fleeing became my favorite move in the game. Thus...I reached Adel at level 17, and had to restart the whole game hahaha