Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: FF8! What's Wrong With It?

Doomed Otaku of the void aeris2001x2's Avatar

aww thanks man, i have that move but never knew what it did. when i eventually get back to ffVIII i,ll be trying that.
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster
    "...Shut up. The cycle of nature and your stupid plan don't mean
    a thing. Aeris is gone. Aeris will no longer talk, no longer laugh,
    cry...... or get angry...... What about us...... what are WE supposed
    to do? What about my pain? My fingers are tingling. My mouth is dry. My
    eyes are burning!" Cloud- FF7

Here's a big helpful paragraph:
    Get Diablos to level 99. Now, find the enemy you wish to Devour, and use LvUp and/or LvDwn until they have 9,999HP or less (use a guide or scan them). Now, use Diablos to do 99% damage to their HP (if they're not immune to % attacks, like Diablos and Demi). Now, just Devour them. Devour is like Card, they have to be at low HP for it to work, and you don't recieve any EXP if you Devour all the enemies on the battlefield (which helps to keep Diablos at level 99).

:shoot:

hey thanks jolts, finally, a use for lv up/down (aside from using it to lower red dragon lv so he dont use breath).

just one Question, what is the advantage of diablos staying at lv99?
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster

Blog Entries

Oh, yea. I completely forgot about that Ability. But remember... you only get your stats boosted when Devouring some specific monsters. Like Ruby Dragons, Malboros and stuff like that. Congratulations Aeris! Now it will only take 472 hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by aeris2001x2
    just one Question, what is the advantage of diablos staying at lv99?
    He will take off 99% of the creatures HP. You need to lower the monsters HP if you want to devour them. If he's at level 100, he'll kill them.

well in theory it could be relatvely quickly. i just wish i had not hated Eden so much, i might have discovered Devour earlier.

i forgot what Diablos attack does. i kow its gravity based but it kills monsters. is it like the ffX move Mega-graviton?

i remember using Diablos so much that he was lv100 well before the rest. he is so awesome.

EDIT-aww now i see, he was lv100, thats why almost everything was dying when i used him. thanks.

Diablos's damage depends on his level. He will do [level]% damage to the enemy, but can never do more than 9,999 damage.

Well, if make it so that you don't level up until you have the Cactuar GF, you can have two sets of Str, Vit, Mag and Spr Bonus abilities. Then, you can very easily add between 87 (Irvine) and 93 (Squall) points to those stats just by leveling up. Or if you want, you can exchange one of those for HP bonus, which will net you several thousand HP points. I never thought of that Diablos at lv. 99 thing, good idea.

HMM. using Cacutar i think it could be relatvely quick to max my stats out in ffVIII. quicker then ffVII anyway...

Oh, and some enemies damage you or cause nasty status effect when you Devour them. Use the guide to find out which ones do that, and if you end up fighting them, Card them instead (to prevent levelling up, and to keep you from having to run away).