Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I hate these Pokemon-related shows.

Default I hate these Pokemon-related shows.

You know what I'm talking about. The MegaMan Battles, the Digimons, the Yu-Gi-Oh's...etc.

They are all based on the same concept. Let your character do battle as the person says "Yeah! Do your speciallaserthingamabooger!" That's it! It's so ridiculous. They say the trainer has to do all the hardwork...I DON'T SEE ANY HARD WORK AT ALL! Ash is so overated, all he does is yell Thundershock! Pikachu should be mature enough after all those battles to know when to use an attack, it's so pathetic. Not only that the trainers take credit for the battles when they hardly train.

These influx of Japanese cartoons, or anime, or whatever you want to call them, all stink. I miss the days of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and real anime like Ronin Warriors.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'd like to preface this by saying I know what you mean about the generic anime formula. It does stink lots.

That being said... the way I read your post was hilarious to me. I really can't explain it but you gave me lots of good cheer just now

Signature by rubah. I think.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

They aren't that bad.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

pffft TMNT is plotless claptrap. lalala Shredder is teh rule warld lol Krang is in a doll lolzzzz wtf!!111 TMNT make ninja jump sound hiya kick Shredder into the techno drome of techno music bump-zigga-zigga *windmills*

Anyway pokemon shows *are* silly. Ash does a bunch of things and I think the only thing I really enjoy is whenever he competes in the end-of-year tournament (and I think sometimes he doesn't even enter wtf did I watch the whole season for?)

Misc. pokemon-ish shows are boring because they lack that....next step/final battle. Yes digimon had to fight weird things at the end, and who knows what happens at the end of Yugioh. But after that they grow up 1000 years and everything changes. There's no reason to care about characters :(

But with Ash and Pikachu you (could) care -- they overcame wacky obstacles and won/lost/never competed in a tournament! :o

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> Pokemon sucks horribly, the other shows listed there arent that bad..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Dingo_Jellybean
    These influx of Japanese cartoons, or anime, or whatever you want to call them, all stink. I miss the days of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and real anime like Ronin Warriors.
    That's because in general the crap ones are the cheaper ones to get permission to translate/localise and are suitable for airing outside Asia
    Problems playing downloaded videos? Try CCCP

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

They can't show the good anime on US television because we might damage our youth more so than sucking the creativity out of them by forcing them to learn and conform to standardized tests in order for schools to retain their status with no funding from the government to aid this useless endeavor.

Quote Originally Posted by Behold the Void
    They can't show the good anime on US television because we might damage our youth more so than sucking the creativity out of them by forcing them to learn and conform to standardized tests in order for schools to retain their status with no funding from the government to aid this useless endeavor.
    Exactly. Don't judge anime based on the poo poo on American TV.
    When the night is cloudy there is still a light that shines on me.
    Shine until tomorrow... Let it be

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I kind of like Digimon. The rest are craptacular though.

Good animes are
    -InuYasha
    -Big O
    -Trigun
    -King of Bandit Jing
    -Rurouni Kenshin
    -.Hack
    -Tenchi
    -Lupin the 3rd
    The rest, I'll agree, can be quite bad sometimes, especially pokemon, digimon, and that new Card-game Master Kaijudo crap or whatever its called. I'm sick of card games and poke-crap.
    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I loved Pokemon for several years, but then realized that Digimon was a much better show and concept, so changed to that. It was a cool show for the first two seasons, then got pretty dumb after that. Yu-Gi-Oh I watch occasionally, because it's the only thing that comes on at 4:30 besides Oprah. It's really not that bad.

Digimon is a real good show actually, it only really got kiddied in the American versions, the Japanese evrsions were a bit more mature I hear. Besides look at later seasons, there's quite a bit of things in it that I wouldn't see in any American kids show.

But ya most of the others ones are crappy to begin with, the entire concept is just kind of stupid of a lot of them, and especially a lot of the charcters motives for what they do.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Scatter, Senbonzakura... DocFrance's Avatar

I don't like it, so I don't watch it. I don't see the point in whining about it.
    ARGUMENT FROM GUITAR MASTERY
    (1) Eric Clapton is God.
    (2) Therefore, God exists.

The quality and plots of those shows suck, yes, but the animation is pretty fun to watch.

are you kidding you guys watch these shows WOW im 13 and all I watch is Yu Yu Haksho.