Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I hate these Pokemon-related shows.

Yu-Gi-oh and digimon dont even make sense to me...I dont like any of them...pokemon included.

Ravishing Introvert Recognized Member Shoyku's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Give me my Samurai Pizza Cats back and I'll be happy.

Blog Entries

I watched the first season of Digimon and I liked it a lot. After that though it went downhill imo. I watch pokemon/yugioh only if I have nothing better to do or I'm waiting for food to cook on a saturday night and theres nothing else to watch.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

They're all overrated, especially those dratted Turtles.
    "As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless,
    uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?"

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Baloki Kyuu (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I'm not particularly keen on them no. Why not, because every episode is the same, its like a really bad video/computer game, all that happens is, OMG theres the pokemon/digimon/card weilding person I have been after, now I must do battle. Battle commences, then it looks like their going to lose. Then they win. Theres never really any suspense, you know their always going to win, or always pull out some stupid super thingie to win, its boring. However, most anime isn't boring, just ones that have been imported aimed at kids, if you make the effort to look around there really is some quality stuff, Nadesico is my fav at the mo, but thats another story that you guys don't really care about
    FOA

I like the way that after all the electrocution, explosions, and general violence of these shows, the characters don't go out and conquer the world with their awesome power, but instead learn lessons about friendship, and help out passers-by.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoyku
    Give me my Samurai Pizza Cats back and I'll be happy.
    SAMURI PIZZA CATS!!! that ws great
    Quote Originally Posted by My Mate Nats
    awww
    i love you matt
    you rock
    you always cheer me up
    you make me giggle
    oh...trout....i dont love you in that way

I hate Yu-Gi-Oh. 4/5 of the time, everyone's just boasting about their next move, then the opponet talks about their counter, then the counterattack's counter, etc., getting 52 moves into a theoretical game when the actual game is on turn 1 or 5 or something. Pokemon used to be cool (sort of... I always liked the games better, although they have just too much merchandise), but now the show has almost no plot, crappy humor ("Pikachu's thunderbolt is one thing when you see it on TV, but another when you actually experience it!" Is that supposed to be funny?? WTF?!?), and crappy looking pokemon. Some don't look too bad, but even the names suck. I'll let them get away with Torchic, but Wurmple? Where does the -mple part come from, pimple?

Dragon Ball Z wasn't nearly as bad. Lots of times it was nothing but boring talk that sent people into daydreams, yes, but at least it had SOME action, and SOME humor. There's no crappy humor in DBZ, because they know when to keep their mouths shut.

*THIS HAS BEEN ANOTHER RANT BY cactuar12. PLEASE DO GET ON WITH YOUR LIFE*
    [center]Stabbity Stabbity Kill Kill... I'm in my happy place...
    Click below and I won't hurt you.

Being Who Transcended All Black Mage's Avatar

Who do you call if you want some pepperoni?

I really liked the first season of Digimon. Good story arcs, good characters, good action. The show seemed to really go downhill after that, though. I don't know if I grew out of it or if it just kept getting worse and worse.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

I stopped watching Pokemon half way through the first season. I didn't like it much.

I only watched some of the first and second seasons of Digimon, but I watched the third one religiously. I just liked what they did with it. I haven't watched since, though.

I've seen on episode of Yu-Gi-Oh, and I don't think I'll ever watch another one.

Don't even get me started on any of the Dragon Ball series. That's a pile of repetitive crap.

I've never even heard of this MegaMan Battles thingie.

Honestly, I love anime, but find it difficult to get my hands on the good stuff. I would love to own the Evangelion and Gundam Wing series, but I just don't have the kind of money to buy every anime set I want.

I think the oringal Yugioh isn't so bad, if repeative.

I don't mind these, apart from two things-

People who think that's anime is all about and are mean to me about it

Pikachu. If it wasn't for that damned rat, I could say Pika all I want and not get funny looks.

(Pika means Shiney in Japanese so yeah....)

Keep on Shining!