Thread: England back on track!

Default England back on track!

We owned the Swiss. 3-0 and we didn't even have to get out of first gear. The performance could have been a lot better but if we can win 3-0 without really playing.....I hope we do well and get revenge on the poor looking French in the final. If they make it, which they won't if they keep playing so badly!

Rooney was awesome. Gerrard made up for his gaff against the French with a great performance. We only need a point now!

C'MON ENGLAND!!!

I'm happy with the result, but not the performance. Still, it'll see us through against Croatia, and we'll just have to raise our game later on.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

England play so half-heartedly these days.

It's a great shame.
    "As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless,
    uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?"

Doomed Otaku of the void aeris2001x2's Avatar

u cant be complacent against crotia, did u see them against france? they would have won the game if it was not 4 that stuiped error for frances second ( and both sides missed a glorious chance each to score) and they were nothing like the side that drew against switerland.

seriously they are so unlucky to not beat france considering its the best england performance i ever saw and i worry cause england seem 2 think they are back on track even though they beat switerland 3-0 playing like crap. no real test, crotia will be.
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster
    "...Shut up. The cycle of nature and your stupid plan don't mean
    a thing. Aeris is gone. Aeris will no longer talk, no longer laugh,
    cry...... or get angry...... What about us...... what are WE supposed
    to do? What about my pain? My fingers are tingling. My mouth is dry. My
    eyes are burning!" Cloud- FF7

During the first half, Croatia's performance wasn't any different from the Swiss game. If France had killed them off while they had the chance, they wouldn't have been troubled later on.

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

It's times like this where I am disappointed the USA doesn't carry more soccer. I get a lot of info from BBC and Fox Sports World, but that's about it.

Take care all.

well there maybe a bigger future for usa soccer. usa did well in the last world cup and i,d say they could get better and be a major force if more talent like Tim Howard come forth. he has played amazing for manchester united in his first season.

anyway i,m happy, just saw the best game for years, Czech republic just beat the netherlands 3-2. what a game
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Their comeback was quite surprising, to say the least.

I used to hate and detest football, but I've grown to like it in recent years. Perhaps the hours and hours of continuous "International Superstar Soccer" play with my friends had a share in changing my opinions on the matter. Up until recently, I would view football as a boring and repetitive game. I don't see it that way any more, not after seeing such class games in this year's Euro tournament.
    "As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless,
    uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?"

Quote Originally Posted by Jayren

I used to hate and detest football, but I've grown to like it in recent years. Up until recently, I would view football as a boring and repetitive game. I don't see it that way any more, not after seeing such class games in this year's Euro tournament.
    you,ve just summed up me too. i used to despise it but at the 2002 world cup i saw it for what it was. its still not very high up in my list of good stuff but good stuff it still is

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by aeris2001x2
    you,ve just summed up me too. i used to despise it but at the 2002 world cup i saw it for what it was. its still not very high up in my list of good stuff but good stuff it still is
    Yes, the '02 World Cup played a big part in changing my views concerning Football. I was behind South Korea for the entire tournament before they crashed out. It really was tense viewing.

Default Sickest match ever!

That game. OH THAT GAME!!! Holland 2-3 Czech Republic. I watch a lot of soccer, and I mean A LOT!!! That is the best game of international football I have ever seen. It was up there for me with the Liverpool Alaves 5-4 2001 UEFA Cup Final and the Man City 4-3 Tottenham F.A Cup comeback this season! AMAZING STUFF! Good to see a couple more Liverpool players making a major impact on the tournament. 3 players have scored from the club now. Excellent stuff. Cracking tournament so far!

well there maybe a bigger future for usa soccer. usa did well in the last world cup and i,d say they could get better and be a major force if more talent like Tim Howard come forth. he has played amazing for manchester united in his first season.
    You need to produce more than just goalkeepers to make a good international team. America has produced fine goalkeepers over the last few years, Friedel and Keller for example, but have only really made an impact at one world cup. Howard is overrated. Good goalkeeper yes. Consistent, not 100%. He suffered a horrible dip in form at a crucial time last season and needs to learn to handle pressure better. He is only young however and will undoubtedly become the no.1 keeper for the U.S.A as he does posess a lot of natural goalkeeping ability. If the U.S.A want to become a serious force, one of two things has to happen. Promising American talent gets sent to Europe to play in the worlds best leagues, or, MLS improves vastly, very quickly. As of yet, the U.S.A are yet to produce a player who has made a lasting impact on world football. However, there is a future, and it lies with a very young man by the name of Freddie Adu. Produce talent like that across the board and you got yourself a team.

I also just want to point out that Korea were INCREDIBLY lucky to make it as far as they did in 2002. INCREDIBLY lucky.
    Last edited by Doc Sark; 06-20-2004 at 01:34 AM.

<.< I don't follow soccer, but, GO ENGLAND! YOU ROCK!
    Last edited by The Wandering Zero; 06-20-2004 at 09:00 AM. Reason: I'm a moron, and misspelt soccer... -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Sark
    I also just want to point out that Korea were INCREDIBLY lucky to make it as far as they did in 2002. INCREDIBLY lucky.
    Agreed. I actually found myself turning against Korea at some moments. Why couldn't they have beaten Italy and Spain cleanly, like in '66?

And that match really thrilled me, last night. Anyone who finds football boring should be shown that game. It was one of the greatest matches in recent memory, even from a completely neutral standpoint.