Thread: Will the NHL shut down?

Default Will the NHL shut down?

What do you think based on other professional sports leagues? Will the players be money mongers and go on strike because of the cap? Or will they go with the flow and continue a great sport? Will the NHL be the same after the cap (arenas, jerseys, sponsorship)?

i wanna say its not going to happen, but it probably is.
    SIg removed for exceeding 250 pixel height

Unfortunately, there seems to be a lack of compromise, and this is sounding eerily similar to the NBA of a few years ago when there was a lockout. I'd hope they can work something out, but as of right now, I'm very skeptical. We may just have to wait until the World Cup of Hockey or whatever it's called these days starts to see hockey again.

Take care all.

Quote Originally Posted by The Captain
    We may just have to wait until the World Cup of Hockey or whatever it's called these days starts to see hockey again.

The All Star Game(top players from both leagues, East and West, compete against eachother), or the Stanley Cup (championships)

Hmm, I'm not sure if they'd have an All-Star Game or Stanley Cup if the season itself doesn't take place.

What I was talking about was the competition coming up where the actual nations compete against each other, Canada, USA, Sweden, Russia, etc, etc.

Take care all.