Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Who is the strongest ff character?

any geek can stab in the back...it's nothing clever..in fact it's embarresing that you have to do that. i carnt THINK of a time ive ever stabbed someone in the back, i would be ashamed because you only need to do that if your crap anyway..then again when people have tried to do that to me it was simply enough to spin away form my opponant when i sensed them, finishe the back stabber in a couple of blows and then continue my fight..so i dont think Auron would be taken out by a cowardly move
    The world can end in a blood smeared second, but as warriors we live within those seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman
    any geek can stab in the back...it's nothing clever..in fact it's embarresing that you have to do that...
    Hey, one of my favorite video game characters LOVES to backstab. Garret, from the Thief series, does it all the time, not because it's cowardly or because he can't beat them in a fair fight, but because it's easier. Why would you challenge someone you want to kill to a fair fight if you can simply backstab them and get it done? I don't see it as cowardly, I see it as smart.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Paladin_Cecil
    Hey, one of my favorite video game characters LOVES to backstab. Garret, from the Thief series, does it all the time, not because it's cowardly or because he can't beat them in a fair fight, but because it's easier. Why would you challenge someone you want to kill to a fair fight if you can simply backstab them and get it done? I don't see it as cowardly, I see it as smart.
    Have you no sense of HONOUR?

Hey, he's a Thief, what do you expect. But he saves the world (three times to date), so it's all good.

As for me, well, I think I have honour, but if someone's out to get me and I have the chance, I'll take them out stealth-style.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

theres a differance between walking up to someone who deserves death and slitting their throat to finsh a job....and stabbing in the back because it's "easier".

if your opponant killed those you love, or is a total out and out villian who eats live babys etc....dont waste time, they dont deserve anything, simply slit their throats. but if it's simply an opponant..you should want to enjoy a battle. if you have any skill you will want to fight them, to enjoy them, and also give them the chance of combat that they deserve.

i teach people to fight against anyone and anything they encounter....but ti also means I end up fighting most of the time..i wouldnt stab in the back because it's cheap, it isnt enjoyable...anyone can do it
    The world can end in a blood smeared second, but as warriors we live within those seconds.

Thumbs up the battle

cloud would win no doubt... his oversized sword would vanquish all :chop:
    :magus: "When the moon shines as it's pendant, I shall await you at the docks" FF9 Eiko's Letter

bustersword is simply one fo the nuttyest swords ever..only in a ff word would that thing be of any use

Blog Entries

Cloud must be strong as crap if he can do an omnislash with that sword.
    Ofcourse... Aurons swords are not weightless either... However, Auron doesn't act like they where weightless like Cloud do. Still Auron looks stronger + Clouds swords are even hevier. If FF was for real... (not including any HP, stats etc) then Cloud whould be helpless.
    Last edited by Ultima Shadow; 07-16-2004 at 07:14 PM.

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

i carnt THINK of a time ive ever stabbed someone in the back
    I can't think of a time when I stabbed anyone period. However, Edward clearly does not STAB. He clearly PLAYS MUSIC and this somehow hurts monsters.

Anyway, it's not being cowardly, it's being realistic. When it comes down to a fight, do you want to be the one bleeding on the ground, or the one still standing? If there's a massive brawl going down and I want to survive, I'm not going to be stupid and try to take on everyone, I'm going to get the hell out of there, chug a can of red bull, then come back to sweep up. Squall would go down so quick it wouldn't even be funny.

Wait... yes it would be funny. It would be HILARIOUS.

given the differnces in the illustrations of clouds buster sword (it's differing leangth and width), you might, if properly trained do one chop with it but you would never recover and that attack could be avoided easily.

well DJzen, ive stabbed, and dismemberd many times, untill the summer breack i was doing it tousands of times every wed night in various combat situations - one on one, full meleass and free for alls and 15 onto one. so dont worry if no one has fallen to the tip of your blade.
    as for surviving or bleeding to death.....that would be the one doing the backstabbings choice how they want to die. an opponant who fights fairly and with skill i will happily allow to surrender and live or die quick and painlessly. but those who DO try cheap tricks or have to resort to such ......underhand...tactics i take my time with, i take them apart in my own time peice by piece

Doomed Otaku of the void aeris2001x2's Avatar

then your likely to die brave sir against hordes of enemys if u take them on one on one, unless your as hard as uma thurman in killbill. and considering she makes bruce lee look weak...
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster
    "...Shut up. The cycle of nature and your stupid plan don't mean
    a thing. Aeris is gone. Aeris will no longer talk, no longer laugh,
    cry...... or get angry...... What about us...... what are WE supposed
    to do? What about my pain? My fingers are tingling. My mouth is dry. My
    eyes are burning!" Cloud- FF7

but those who DO try cheap tricks or have to resort to such ......underhand...tactics i take my time with, i take them apart in my own time peice by piece
    But if they use such, as you say, "underhanded tactics", and they work, how will you defeat them? I guess it all depends on the type of tactic they use.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

i am but a knight Aeris....that said, Uma is an actress who was trained for a short time to fight in choreographed combat......i have done it for real my entire life and now teach it....i was defeating guys and girls in full armour when i was still in little school.....i belive it's essential to teach people to fight multple opponants at teh same time, often it depends on teh current number of studants...so people only get to learn how to fight fifteen onto one, if we have more at any given time then they can enjoy (however many) onto one. i can walk away from a fight alive with lotsda opponants or just one...i do this for real, against any weapon and any opponant, it would be a lie otherwise.

Dark_Paladin....those "underhanded techniques" dont work on me....they only ever work on beginers or people who would do the same thing. whats more you have to be tought HOW to do it properly or you will get knocked flying. im a confident and weatherd enough warrior to have access to all my senses and when combat is afoot im not cought off gaurd....in this day and age few of us can avoid a sniper in a building...but thats not what we are talking about, and in reality, the people who tend to be willing and do try to stab in the back are some of the weakest fighters with teh biggest ego's. A confident and competant - skilled warrior doesnt need to stab in the back

Blog Entries

Cool...
    Snowman, I got some question for you...

1) Have you EVER stabed someone in the back?

2) Compare a sword with a gun. Whitch one do you considre the strongest etc in detail. Your thougths about a gun and a sword etc. Whatever.)

3) Have you ever been beaten in a figth? (If so, how many times?)

4) Have you ever killed someone? (If so, how many?)

5) How do you "sense" a back stabber?

6) What is 11+13? (IQ test )

7) Really, who IS the strongest FF character. If FF was for real, no HP/Dammage things.

8) Rant your skill level 1-10.

9) Is sword battle all about striking with the sword or is there special ways to use the sword that is important to know?

...And I think Caith Sith whould beat all the other characters with ease!

Dark_Paladin....those "underhanded techniques" dont work on me....they only ever work on beginers or people who would do the same thing. whats more you have to be tought HOW to do it properly or you will get knocked flying. im a confident and weatherd enough warrior to have access to all my senses and when combat is afoot im not cought off gaurd....in this day and age few of us can avoid a sniper in a building...but thats not what we are talking about, and in reality, the people who tend to be willing and do try to stab in the back are some of the weakest fighters with teh biggest ego's. A confident and competant - skilled warrior doesnt need to stab in the back
    Well, since, from what I understand, in your opinion, someone who backstabs is a weak, cocky coward. While some are, some swordfighters are the same.
    But anyway, when I meant tactics, I didn't mean jsut moving/jumping around or using fancy tricks. If I must win a fight, I'm not above using such techniques as blinding my opponent with a flash of light or a foreign object (sand or dirt, for example). If I'm just in a contest for fighting, I wouldn't do it, but in a life and death battle, I will do anything to win and live, even if some consider my ways "cowardly".
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.