Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Who is the strongest ff character?

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman
    Xarius has some strange point there lol

Dark....you hoping you have the time for a "last ditch", that time is only relient on your opponant being slow to catch on etc.
    You make it sound like it takes so long. Most take less the half a second to a second at most to execute them.

HYPOTHETICAL - ok, while i havent met opponants supirior to me, i do constantly remind people that to fight is chaos, you can have fought your whole life, and crap happens, a beginer on her first night can kill you cleanly.....thats what you chance. SO this opponant whos gotten the upper hand on me, lets say my sword broke and was lobbed over a cliff lol, if he's only going hand to hand,
    Why would he need to go hand to hand if he still has a blade?

i still dont need the shotgun - the reason i dont need it is because i know how far and what im capable off, whats more, while i have faced down people with shotguns, i dont know how to actually use one other than pulling the trigger.,
    Ah, okay, well, with a shotgun, here's a crash course. 1. Aim gun at target, which takes about half a second for you since you have good reflexes it seems. 2. Pull the trugger while bracing for the recoil. The shotgun, if you don't know, fires a large number (8-20 on average) of metal balls in a wide area. It's Ideal for close range attacking, since at long range it's very inaccurate.

rather than move for the gun, i would take him down before HE could get to the gun, keep it out of the equation. if i took the weapon it would take seconds for me to asses how to use it in which case, if he is that much of an opponant he would have closed in on me.....so better to either keep the fight away from the weapon and break him.....or use the shotgun in hand to hand. (i answeard this hypo before reading further posts).
    Well, I wrote it without reilizing you didn't know how to fire a gun.

any weapons in any situation are possible to switch sides in a confrontation, thats why you have to have full control and understand that weapon. over here in the UK only the military and the armed police have guns, very few farmers do now, this means that situations with guns are rarer than situations with people with swords from mail order catalouges.
    You poor UK-ians.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

Blog Entries

if you dont care why did you post in this thread lol thats like going to a thread called "is the world going to end in 2006" and saying, "i have no oppinion" whahaa
    I posted coz I wanted 2! Cloud is the strongest but I like to play with Quisty!

A millith of a second can be a life time, in a whole second i can have coverd the ground and taken your head clean off as you reach for that gun, we can fade into a world of blood before a breath is taken.

i never said he had a sword.....i said i lost mine. if he's gonna be better than me that means he can parry and disarm without having a weapon.

yep...and your not talking about a sawn off shotgun, so in that half second your actually reducing teh distance between him and you because of teh leangth of the weapon.

yes i do have good reflexes, even if you dont you learn them...at least from us anyway

im proud of the lack of firearms in this country, it's an irresponisbal sign of the childish behavour of teh united states that most houses have one and theres so many gun relataed deaths.

lol...how is cloud the strongest, because he's sephroths puppet
    The world can end in a blood smeared second, but as warriors we live within those seconds.

LOL, I just remebered this thread wasn't about what we were talking/arguing about. If you don't mind, I'm gonna stop posting, so we won't be accused of tying to hijacking the thread or anything.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

Mewt no Sephiroth.

Dark.....how can we hijack a thread where no ones talking about that topic anymore...we are simply recycling....but then again, what we are talking about does still bare relevance to this thread.....we were talking about whos teh most powerful, then we questioned how you would define the critiria as to whos teh most powerful, now we are simply discussing teh realitys of combat such as teh properties of aurons sword and combat skills...we are still on topic
    The world can end in a blood smeared second, but as warriors we live within those seconds.

Blog Entries

Actually, Snowman and Dark... your discussion is much more intresting than who's the most powerfull character.
    Just keep going.
    Both ways are risky, try to reach the gun may cost you your life. The chanse of reaching the gun and shoot the guy to death before he finish you with his sword is not much bigger than the chanse that you can finish him with a blow from your sword.
    In the middle of a sword battle I think it's pretty much impossible to reach the gun without getting your head blown... ...off. :chop:

Okay, okay, geez, gang up on me why don't you.

But anyway, what I meant, Ultima, is if you knew there was NO way you could beat this guy in a fair fight. So would you rather cheat (or at least attempt to) or die.

OOC: Feel free to keep going, though I won't be able to respond until tomorrow night.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

Blog Entries

Well, if I (in some strange way) was 100% sure that I whould die if I fougth him fair, then I whouldn't. Then I whould run... and if I knew that was 100% impossible... then I whould take the gun. But as long as he wasn't an sword-immune-but-still-vurnable-to-guns-guy, then I whould chose to figth with sword.

Another task for you Snowman... place all the swordtypes that you know in a rank list. The one you think has the most advantage first etc.

cheers Ultima. what you have to remeber is that everyone isnt trained, or rather, thye arent competant to the same level of combat. the reason aragorn can kill so many orks isnt his skill, it's their lack of it. most people who train in sword combat are restricted to fighting there style and they are weak outside of it, i belive that what you learn should be useable against any weapon and any opponant.

if im in a sword battle, i wont need the gun, even thoughts of it are simply a distraction, i have a better and cleaner fight with my sword, MOST people today who say they do swordfighting are such an embarresment and provide their own deaths by gripping their shapend blade etc.

theres NEVER a situation in a fight where you carnt beat your opponant, thats the whole truth of combat, it's chaos. it may look unlikely...but never a never. only if you MAKE a hypothetical situation can you say that

Broadsword - it's the most durable, powerful, and stable. a good weapon has an equal amount of advantages and disadvantages, if it is swayed one way or the other, it's weaker despite your style of combat

wooden
    lightsabre
    falchion
    leaf
    flamberg
    landsneck
    gladius
    saex
    saber
    cutlas
    katana
    epay
    rapier

i belive that what you learn should be useable against any weapon and any opponant.
    Wait, so say I'm trained well in small blade close fighting (fighting with daggers, knives, etc.). So you think that, if I'm trained well enough, I can defeat a man trained with, say, a M16? Or did you mean any weapon of the same type (bladed, ranged, firearms, etc)?

theres NEVER a situation in a fight where you carnt beat your opponant, thats the whole truth of combat, it's chaos. it may look unlikely...but never a never. only if you MAKE a hypothetical situation can you say that
    Hence, why I said that it's a HYPOTETICAL QUESTION.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Paladin_Cecil
    Wait, so say I'm trained well in small blade close fighting (fighting with daggers, knives, etc.). So you think that, if I'm trained well enough, I can defeat a man trained with, say, a M16? Or did you mean any weapon of the same type (bladed, ranged, firearms, etc)?
    Well, if you trow a knive in his face I don't think he can use his M16 very well. It's hard to shoot someone if you have a knive in your face ya know. (Yea, I got your point... if it's a long distance battle, then you'r as good as dead... but still... you can always trow the knive. )

Dark.....first, let me point out from my point of view, theres a differnce to being trained well, and being a natural. this is a distinction ignored or misunderstood in most combat classes. soemone can be trained well, they can become damn good, but they will never be as....natural as a natural. example - someone who requires/needs to be tought how to use weapons where as a natural can teach themselves in a matter of minutes like me.

considering daggers and real knifes and the chaos of battle then yes..it is possible to defeat an opponant who weilds a firearm with a dagger or knife. it's easy to think of a situation where you WOULDNT win, perahps your on all fours and the gun is a hair trigger pressed againt your temple...but thats the chaos of battle. a combatant whos trained in knife work is less likly to be as adaptable as a natural warrior/fighter. longwinded i know..but my answear is yes. WE are the weapons, we are dangerous, everything else is simply a tool.
    However the statement you quated me was actually directed at combat against any martial arts....weapons, styles. people think that you could only use sword work with a sword in your hand against swords....it isnt true, grab a lump of wood and it's assumed the form of a sword, a walking stick or a pipe. your sword work should be able to battle knifes, daggers chains quaterstaffs unarmed combat or projectiles. if your sword work carnt...then your not being trained how to fight. for instance, all the blows and parrys we teach can be used with your arms for unarmed combat. whats more the only people to carry guns in the UK is armed police, military and certain farmers. your more likly to get attacked by a nut with a samuria sword than a gun over here

remeber...you have to hit your opponant with a gun to kill them..hence differnt firearms are suited to differnt conditions of combat. guns are more restrictive than blades.....well that depends of course what blades lol.

is any of this helping.

Blog Entries

I have ANOTHER 2 questions for ya. Is it possible to beat a pretty skilled figther with a sword if you are unarmed. I mean, how whould you avoid to get hit and still be able to smach the figther down?

How/where can I buy a good broad sword? (No, I'm not going to walk around and kill people with it. I just like to have a good sword because I like swords. )

yes. it gets harder or easyer depending on your location. you may think a empty hall means you wont stand a chance....but last month one of teh second yeasr studants....with four people on his team against one opponant (and he's half decent) he flew in really fast with a dead sure kill and became tangled up in a curtain that was tied back against the wall. he was so deeply into the fight he made a mistake that he rarely ever makes and the opponant got away. but yes....thers many ways to disarm an armed opponant of any skill. we dont teach them untill your decent with a weapon otherwise fear of the uncontrolled will cause you or teh other to have an accident

a good sword depends what your after. many people want a pretty sword..for their wall. this means you dont need to have a tang - the mettle of the blade that carrys into the grip, you dont need a hardy standard of steel or even an edge or good fittings. if you want to join nutters and smash each other then you need a very robust sword that will be easily replaced. if you want to find the warriors path, with a good quality sword that should last you a lifetime of controlled skilled combat and mantle peice attention then you need the kind of sword my farther makes....depdning on it's shape and style it can range from £300 upwards. he rarely makes them now because it can take alot out of you. your best bet it to start on ebay. buy something you like and learn about swords with it. THEN when you know and feel what you want buy a REAL sword