Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon vs. Final Fantasy You Make the Winner!

Sky Blue Sky Recognized Member Trumpet Thief's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

The answer is obvious. Final Fantasy!

Just use Ultima.

Quote Originally Posted by DJzen
    In FF, you control a party of varying sizes (max size is 3, 4 or 5 depending on the game). In Pokemon you play as one person who has up to 6 Pokemon at his disposal. In a fair fight, the FF characters are outnumbered 6-1.
    Pokemon return to their Pokeballs when not in combat, so you'd have to fight them one at a time.
    Wait, how can it be 6-1 if you fight one at a time?

Also, attacks like slash and flame are no less lethal than "fight" and "fire" are in FF.
    But Pokemon don't wear armor, and are limited to a maximum of 4 attacks. While some look admittedly formidable and have good stats, not many could take some of the Final Bosses of the Final Fantasy series.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> Pokemon is retarded and sucks, even a Chocobo would eat a whole pokemon alive..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Bearing in mind that the bosses in FF have higher HP, it isn't really fair. The highest HP total in Pokemon is 999, which I suppose a level 30-odd character could do away with with relative ease.

I think it's rather sad that someone said "legends" like Cloud, Auron and Squall, when the games they come from aren't even 10 years old. To be honest, the only character out of those three I particularly liked was Auron. As for the villains, do you really think it's fair to compare say... Kuja who FFIXdestroyed near enough everything in Terra with a puny Charmander or something?

I enjoyed both of these games, and my only real complaints about Pokemon is the limited move space per Pokemon (4 attacks!) and the general lack of challenge throughout the games. They are both fun games, despite me not having beaten Ruby and Sapphire (on a ROM I've now lost because of a virus on the old computer, I was fighting the Elite Four on Sapphire). To be perfectly honest, Pokemon's lack of challenge is made more fun with multiplayer battles. When you've beaten Ozma, where's the challenge in any more of FFIX? In Pokemon, you can have mulitplayer battles against your friends, and trade Pokemon. I think this element makes Pokemon keep the gamer interested for longer. Sure, you don't have much replay value once you start trading, because you lose all your previous game stats and you don't really want to start getting those "red only" monsters again, do you?
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

You are joking, right?

GOOOOO PPOOOKKKEEEMMMOOONNN!!!11!

I could use that cheap ass dupliacting trick in gold/silver and unleash 286 Mewtwos all holding bright powder (makes opponent miss sometimes), kings rock(makes opponent not be able to act), or focus belt (keeps pokemon from dying sometimes). TAKE THAT!!!!!!1!

Alas my Lulu could doublecast ultima and theyd all drop dead. I tried.
    This my sig, foo!
    The hour of our departure has arrived, and we go our ways - I to die, and you to live. Which is better God only knows.
    -Socrates

Sky Blue Sky Recognized Member Trumpet Thief's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

Just wait till Pshychotic discovers this thread...

At the very start of reading this thread, I had the vision of a thousand little punks roasting in a mushroom cloud of Ultima

Bigger than a rancor SomethingBig's Avatar

Safer Sephiroth can destroy whole planets with Supernova. He could kill every single pokemon in less than 5 minutes.
    :monster2: One, AH! AH! Two, AH AH! Three, AH AH!

I summon you Pikachu! I summon you Bahamut!, who would win?
    U L T I M A T E

S P A M

G R O V E R

PLD75/BLU52/WAR51-Titan Server
    FFXI/Dojo Adventure Xanga

Well snce Bahamut is flying type and pikachu is electric, bahamut is at a serious type disadvantage. In the end, Bahamut would kick Pikachus butt to Johto to kanto to the Ho-an region and back.
    This my sig, foo!
    The hour of our departure has arrived, and we go our ways - I to die, and you to live. Which is better God only knows.
    -Socrates

Blog Entries

Pokemon!!!! Gonna catch them all chikotita
    Last edited by Polaris; 07-08-2004 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Forgot the name of Chikorita!

Kefka will destroy all Pokemons

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Ha ha ha ha!

You seam to forget that it's BECAUSE of pokemon that FF exists in the first place... So they'ed never fight

TRUCE!

Pokemon and Final Fantasy the 2 best games in their world. At peace equelly matched. Now offically allies. I thank you!!

other way around, FF existed before Pokiemon (YES I SAID POKIEMON WHO CARES ABOUT IT ANYWAY???) was even a thought, and all Bahamut has to do is use Mega Flare and there would'nt be any more "Pikachu"

and besides Dark Magician will kill them all anyway...

DARK MAGIC ATTACK!
    Last edited by UltimateSpamGrover; 07-11-2004 at 03:43 AM.
    U L T I M A T E

S P A M

G R O V E R

PLD75/BLU52/WAR51-Titan Server
    FFXI/Dojo Adventure Xanga