Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: origins... worth buying?

Default origins... worth buying?

hey all, i was wondering if i should buy this or if my money is better spent elsewhere. i want to get it but i dont feel that "i have to have it right now because it looks way fun" feeling as i did with anthology. i also want to buy anthology again because a few years back my ff6 jsut stopped working for no reason. i still have ff5 and i have an ff6 rom but it is nothing like playing the anthology version. computers just arent that great for FF i dont think. anyways, if you can help me out here id appreciate it. thanks.

Yes, it's worth buying, in my view. FF1 has loads of replay value and you can try to use different parties to go through the game. It also has an Easy mode, which is unique to Origins. FF2 is an alright game once you get used to the awkward stat-building system, but one you get the hang of it, (assuming you don't think it's completly bogus), you'll find it pretty enjoyable. Both versions of both gams are leaps and bounds ahead of their old NES counterparts in almost every way, I think. It's not very expensive either; it only sold for $30 when it was first released. You'd probably find it for cheaper with little trouble. =)

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Graves reflects my veiws on the matter.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

Buy it now. Don't hesitate. These games are too awesome for this to even be a question.

They ruined it with sexy graphics...but still buy it

Ravishing Introvert Recognized Member Shoyku's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

If you haven't played either FFI or FFII, then it's definitely worth the purchase to play and experience the game that saved Squaresoft.

i think they should have released it with the new version and with the old NES/Famicom graphics.

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

It woulda been cool, maybe just for comparison's sake, but it's hardly necesarry for them to be good games.

Default WELL WORTH THE MONEY

This game is an essential buy for any true final fantasy fan out there, not only are the graphics way better than those on the nes but also with the new easy mode aswell theres no excuse for saying ff games are too hard. And dont forget about the new movie intros, completely irrelevent and pointless but never the less a great piece of eye candy.

Of course, if you want, you could buy the version coming out for GBA. But no matter what way, definatly play the two games.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

Doomed Otaku of the void aeris2001x2's Avatar

lol ffI genius counter acts ffII evil.

get it anyway. even if you dont like ffII (which is likely) its so worth it 4 the beautiful music which u can listern 2 all day.

p.s- does any one know where i can get a ffII soundtrack cd?
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster
    "...Shut up. The cycle of nature and your stupid plan don't mean
    a thing. Aeris is gone. Aeris will no longer talk, no longer laugh,
    cry...... or get angry...... What about us...... what are WE supposed
    to do? What about my pain? My fingers are tingling. My mouth is dry. My
    eyes are burning!" Cloud- FF7

wow ok, i think everyones responses should have answered my question. ill be buying this sometime within the near future.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I haven't touched it since the day I bought it. But that's just me.
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!

I would definately say that Final Fantasy Origins is worth buying! 10/10 game!
    Sword Chucks, yo!

well i accidentally bought it, along with bad religions new cd "the empire strikes first" yesterday. i was at amazon dot com checking to see how much it would be wondering if i should buy it, and i clicked on a button and apparently i bought it. so whatever. not a big deal i guess.