Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: England through!!!!

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I really enjoyed the game, even though I'm from England. I think I'm the only non-biased football fan in this entire country.

Great game, very tense, well done to Portugal for playing excellently.
    "As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless,
    uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?"

well I have to admit that I always wanted Portugal - England to the final...
    but it wasn't possible! England, I preffer Portugal but you are very good! Better then France, Netherlands,...

It was a great game!

Doomed Otaku of the void aeris2001x2's Avatar

hah hah that game was drama and though england should of won but 4 the disallowed goal (foul my ass) portugal did play better so they deserve 2 go through. they have really pulled it 2 gether after that collapse 2 greece on the opening day.

oh well not that it mattered, France will still win the tournment(though the czech have a real good shot)
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster
    "...Shut up. The cycle of nature and your stupid plan don't mean
    a thing. Aeris is gone. Aeris will no longer talk, no longer laugh,
    cry...... or get angry...... What about us...... what are WE supposed
    to do? What about my pain? My fingers are tingling. My mouth is dry. My
    eyes are burning!" Cloud- FF7

Any impediment on a goal keeper = foul, the decision was correct. Well I have to offer the most heartfelt commiserations from all of Scotland to England heehhee *walks off laughing*

Doomed Otaku of the void aeris2001x2's Avatar

thats a bias opinion. yes it was a foul in thoery but 9/10 times that goal would have been allowed.

still not that i care that much. my tip 2 win r still in and football is like...89th in my list of cool stuff. i hate the english, scotish, wales etc football rivalry. i think its really pety.
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster
    "...Shut up. The cycle of nature and your stupid plan don't mean
    a thing. Aeris is gone. Aeris will no longer talk, no longer laugh,
    cry...... or get angry...... What about us...... what are WE supposed
    to do? What about my pain? My fingers are tingling. My mouth is dry. My
    eyes are burning!" Cloud- FF7

Blog Entries

Default Portugal 6 - 5 England

Campeões, campeões, nós somos campeões!

Até vos comemos!

Eat this DocSark, Portugal is not that bad, we will win Euro 2004! We're the best!

lol. I expected England to lose, I must admit. Maybe we should get another penalty taker; Beckham keeps missing these days. And good for the Portugeuse keeper winning the match. I reckon they'll make it to the final. After that, we'll have to wait and see

Eat this DocSark, Portugal is not that bad, we will win Euro 2004! We're the best!
    Quote where I said Portugal would lose.

I said it would be a good game, which it was.

However......

LUCKY LUCKY LUCKY LUCKY LUCKY LUCKY

Portugal will not win the tournament. They shouldn't even be in the semi because Sol Campbells goal should have stood. They were the better team on the night but if Urs Meier had found his balls in the 90th minute Portugal would be out and I wouldn't be taunting you in the same childish way you taunt me. And no it wasn't a foul in theory because John Terry did not impede the goalkeeper, if anything the goalkeeper impeded John Terry. The linesman was the closest man to the ball and he gave the goal. Bad bad refereeing. But it wasn't just that, the ref was terrible all night, unless you're Portuguese in which case he was like a 12th man. Sickening really. Grrr and good for the Portuguese keeper.....how arrogant is he? Nuno Valente was meant to take the penalty but he just had to rub it in. That made me angry too. I'm an easy football fan to pick on because it is my biggest passion, so I'm expecting I'll upset people with my views. Oh well.

Did I see a scot in this thread making a bias opinion? Goodness gracious me, you'll know what it's like to lose on penalties one day mate, if you ever reach another quarter final.

EDIT: I actually went off on a rant about the state of Scottish football here but it was off topic as Scotland didn't make it to Portugal. Anyway...Divinity, I am happy for you if Portugal go further but I honestly don't believe they are good enough. Do you really think that Portugal are capable of beating the Czech and the Dutch? If they both go out then Portugal will win but that is a big if!!
    Last edited by Doc Sark; 06-25-2004 at 11:32 PM.

Great match! The best team won....after stepping on Rooney.
    Anyway, my boys are out, not time to go with my country, GO CZECH! (i think I spelled that wrong)

Wow! France are out, England are out, Italy are out, Germany are out, this is a good competition. The France and England thing really confuses me though cos I was sure the English commentators said there was going to be a France/England final, maybe it's me that has my wires crossed.

I think after the England/Croatia game, a lot of people were thinking France/England final. It could have happened, if not for the fact both sides lost.

There was definitely no one saying an England Scotland final.