Thread: A confederacy of dunces

Default A confederacy of dunces

has anybody read "A Confederacy of Dunces" By john kennedy toole? that has to be about the funniest thing i have ever read.

Well as no-one has answered you because they were being rude.
    No I haven't, what's it like????
    I would love to be happy, but unfortunately I'm too busy being awesome and kicking your ass at everything

It's about this thirty something year old man who is living in the 1950's but the way he thinks is stuck in the middle ages. he has his masters degree, yet still lives with his mother, constantly writing down things on notepads with the delusion that one day he will actaully get up and do soemthing and his ideas will cahnge the world. then one day he accidentally runs into something with his car and him and his mother are now faced with having to pay all of this money that they dont have so his mother forces him to go out into the real world and get a job for the first time. hilarity, then proceeds to ensue. i found it to be very very funny. everyone should read it. thats big to ahve that come from me, as i am not to big on books.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

I have it, but I havent started it yet. I have a few books I need to finish beforehand.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Discussion of Arts and Writing belongs in The Lounge, this forum is just for showing your work *moves*
    rawr