Thread: La Pucelle: Tactics

Default La Pucelle: Tactics

Has anyone played the Strategy RPG called La Pucelle: Tactics? It's from the makers of Disgaea and it just came out this month. Personally, I think it's a great game, but not as good as Final Fantasy Tactics! There are plenty of mixed opinion about this game, what's yours?

That was smart... I forgot the "I" in Tactics Sorry 'bout that! Now we have a misspelled Thread name... **feels stupid**

Please don't double-post, use the Edit/Delete button to correct your post, if you want to add more. I'll fix the title of the thread for you ~ Xander

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> Im kind of interested on this game and not because is the Disgaea`s prequel. In fact, I never played Disgaea.
    anyways here is a review of the game
    http://www.rpgamer.com/games/other/p...llestrev1.html
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Default WOW

WOW! Finally a person that doesn't say "Oh La Pucelle, the prequel to Disgaea!" I have never played Disgaea either and don't plan on it. (No offense Disgaea fans!)

Being Who Transcended All Black Mage's Avatar

I've played and beaten both.

La Pucelle was good in its own right, but definitely wasn't as polished as Disgaea was.

I did enjoy it, throughly, especially recruiting the bears. :P

Also, it allows me to appreciate Great Overlord Prier, and the origins of her attacks, in Disgaea.

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Disgaea is a good game, I'd highly suggest it.

I'm actually playing it right now, so La Pucelle: Tactics shall have to wait.

Oh yes, and does anyone else besides me know that "La Pucelle" means "The Maid" and was one of the titles given to Joan of Arc? Some interesting useless trivia information.

It actually means "The Maiden" or "The Virgin". As in the "Maiden of Light" who is a key figure in the game. Behold The Void, I hope you won't be dissapointed when you play this game because people have told me that it is a little less advanced than Disgaea.

I haven't played La Pucelle or Disgaea, but my friend (Lander) has and thoroughly enjoyed both. Though I watched a little clip of Disgaea and thought it was enormously stupid.