Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scary games

Silent Hill and RESIDENT EVIL 3: NEMISIS! Those games scared me sleepless!!! On another note, in Final Fantasy VIII, I got SERIOUSLY freaked out when Edea falls through the stained glass in the auditorium of Galbadia Garden! I actually screamed...

Silent Hill 1. Scariest game I've ever played.

OKay, well, I don't think the whole game is scary, but man, the Cradle level in Thief: Deadly Shadows is freaking scary. It has some of the most unsettling sounds I've heard.

Babies crying.
    Woman Crying.
    Little Girls Crying.
    Men Sobbing.
    Undead Groaning and Wandering Around.
    Insane Laughter.
    Demonic Sounding Growls.
    Woman Screaming, as if in Pain.
    Loud Pounding.
    Somone's Heartbeat.

Plus, for a lot of the level you have no weapons or items, and must use only the shadows to protect yourself.
    All this takes place in a Orphanage turned Insane Asylum that's haunted. Now, I know there are scarier games, but this is the most freaked out I've been in a LONG time.

*goes back to playing it.*
    Last edited by Rase; 06-26-2004 at 06:44 PM.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

One game that really creeped me out was something called Phantasmagoria. I'm not sure if that's the correct spelling, but it was a Sierra game.

silent hill series
    resident evil series

both earn their right respectfully to be named the scariest games I played

try playing 12 at night...with the lights off...thats freaky!!

[Life is Eternity in a nutshell]

i found resident evil to be scary when i was younger. resident evil 1 mostly. in fact resident evil one is still pretty darned scary... have you seen the opening movie?? that acting scares my pants off!

Oe part in Silent Hill 3 that spooked me a bit was the part where you see a table with dolls on it, you go away from it to do some stuff and you come back, all of the dolls heads are missing except one and that one has a knife in it's hand.

Resident Evil 1 and Ecco the Dolphin ( the one for PS2 ).
    I swim a lot ( living on the beach and such ) and the fear of drowning haunts me so when I play that ADORABLE dolphin and he starts to run out of air I flip out. . . . especially when I was fighting that HUGE freakin' shark in one of the first levels. -pouts- I never did finish the game due to that.

Oh! Yeah!! And Koldelka ( misspell? It's been so long ) for the PS. I think I had like thirty heart attacks playing that game. X_X;
    Do you Wanna Build a Snowman?

-= It doesn't have to be a snowman... =-

Fatal Frame!
    I was watching my friend play this game, IN DAYLIGHT WITH MINIMAL SOUND, and we both got terribly spooked. Then...evening came, boy, that was the best.

Thief series.
    I hate it when I have to fight those zombies. It seemed a light game but towards the end, it got creepy...'Cradle mission in Thief --- Deadly Shadows'

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The only creepy thing I've played is Silent Hill 2. I've never really jumped out of my seat....although a lot of the times, even when I open doors I jump. I'm pretty sure that that's not what's supposed to scare you, but hey. I wouldn't really call it scary, at this point (I've only played for about 3 hours), but it's definitley disturbing. The part where you first meet Eddie, and he won't stop throwing up..*shudders*. I just started getting into these kinds of games though, so I can't say much.

--Box Box Box Box

Diablo II still scares me when I go into a boss room.
    lol.

Well, Silent Hill games, there some what ''scary'' especially when you like play it during the night, with no lights on and the surround sound system up high.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar
    Thief series.
    I hate it when I have to fight those zombies. It seemed a light game but towards the end, it got creepy...'Cradle mission in Thief --- Deadly Shadows'
    *air high five*

I feel ya.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

*high air five's back* :P

The outside Cradle room was filled with wierd noises...I was so spooked until I decided to Alt Tab and browse GameFAQs. Then I found that there really is (SPOILER)NOTHING!

Man, I felt so pathetic at that time

Yeah, that was freaky. It's all in your head, for a while at least. Then you start finding some insane undead to keep you company.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.