Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scary games

Default Scary games

just curious if any one has actually played games that are unsettling or scary :P

my vote goes for clive barkers undying that game is the only game ever to actually scare me while playing it its pretty unsettling especially with head phones on and in the dark :P

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Back in the day, the Doom games always scared me. Diablo II still scares me when I go into a boss room.
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!

Mary Kate and Ashley's Magical Mystery Mall. h33r:

LOL nice one joel im willing to bet that game would make me crap it if i had to play it :P

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

There was a game called "Lost Eden", which I used to play regularly on my PC. Although the game was not horrific by any means, it was slightly disturbing. In the second section of the game, Adam was required to visit the Crypts of the Fortress he was born in. An FMV of this crypt revealed a passageway which contained human bodies that had been immersed in concrete. Their 'poses' at time of death were captured for all to see, and they're not very pleasant. The music that accompanied this level was also quite scary.

Reading this post has made me want the game again. I think I'll go and buy it from E-Bay.
    "As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless,
    uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?"

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Eye of the Beholder games always used to scare me. And Ecco the Dolphin. And games in space. And bosses. In general. I was scared of lots O_O
    rawr

DooM scares me ever to this day. Same with Quake I. Doom 3 will probably be the scariest game but I'll still buy it.

Doomed Otaku of the void aeris2001x2's Avatar

resident evil 1 on the psx was very scary. the music was so atmospheric. its also the only resi evil game thats remotly scary.

however NOTHING i,ve played or watched is as scary as the SILENT HILL seris.

actually after this there is probably nothing i,ve played at all thats scary.
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster
    "...Shut up. The cycle of nature and your stupid plan don't mean
    a thing. Aeris is gone. Aeris will no longer talk, no longer laugh,
    cry...... or get angry...... What about us...... what are WE supposed
    to do? What about my pain? My fingers are tingling. My mouth is dry. My
    eyes are burning!" Cloud- FF7

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> Kingdom Hearts and Harry Potter Games.. Pure Evil!!
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Well, I don't tend to play horror genre games, but I have played The Suffering at night in the dark. That made me sweat more than a little.

I usually get scared and tense when playing the Thief series. The undead aren't nice.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

Doomed Otaku of the void aeris2001x2's Avatar

actually project zero was pretty terrifying. ahh trying to kill the devil with a camera!!!

i heard forbidden siren was absolutly terffiying as well.
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster
    "...Shut up. The cycle of nature and your stupid plan don't mean
    a thing. Aeris is gone. Aeris will no longer talk, no longer laugh,
    cry...... or get angry...... What about us...... what are WE supposed
    to do? What about my pain? My fingers are tingling. My mouth is dry. My
    eyes are burning!" Cloud- FF7

System Shock 1 and 2 have to be the the most scary ones. I still have nightmares about beta groove in System Shock. And I remember my girlfriend sneaking up on me while I was playing SS2, and then lying her arms around my neck. I got so scared that it actually hurt. My nerves flew out of the window every time I played those games...

I also think the Silent Hill games are damn scary. And I actually did fall of my chair when the dogs jumped through the window at the start of Resident Evil. That was the last time that I've tilted the chair backwards while playing a game... But other than that, I've never found the Resident Evil games to be scary.

The only game I thought was truly scary was Project Zero. Play that on a stormy night with no lights on *shudders*

The Silent Hill games creep me out. They rarely actually scare me, but there have been a few occasion. This is partially because I want to be scared though, so I make myself more vunerable to it. I love being scared by games/movies/books and so on.
    When the night is cloudy there is still a light that shines on me.
    Shine until tomorrow... Let it be

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Silent Hill All of them.

It's the running around in buildings part. Running around in the open doesn't scare me, but once they go inside buildings. The bathrooms really freaked me out. Stupid bathrooms. Something always happens in bathrooms, and it's almost scarier if it doesn't