Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What song would make awesome final boss music?

Eoff + Fabio = Win Lord Chainsaw's Avatar

Default What song would make awesome final boss music?

What songs just scream final boss? Have you ever listened to a song and just thought "DAMN! This would make an awesome final boss track!"

Not only am I asking what songs would make awesome final boss tracks, but I am also asking in which battles these songs would play.

I've got to say Mozart's O Fortuna would make the most awesome final battle song of all time. My friend heard it for the first time on Friday. He asked me what game it was from. I told him it was Mozart and he said he'd never heard it before. Now actually designating O Fortuna to a game would be a hard thing to do. The song pretty much would fit into any final battle. It has chanting and almost sounds religious, so I'm saying it would work in a final battle with an angel in it. I've got to give O Fortuna to FF6.

Here's another:

Prince's 1999 to the final battle with Lavos in Chrono Trigger.

One final one:

Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata to second Time Devourer from Chrono Cross.

To hell with Battletoads and Double Dragon.
    THIS is the ultimate team.

Doomed Otaku of the void aeris2001x2's Avatar

hmmm i would nominate carmina brana (1st part) by Bach is it? that such a powerful and creepy song.

damn there was this other piece on the rpg maker. a slow piano sonnata kind of thing with atmospheric backing...cant remember it. ahh, i,d also pick mozart air on a g-string 4 slow melancholic reflective battle and metallicas call of Ktulu. thats one heavy but mainly classically driven instrumental masterpiece with bucket loads of evil atmosphere. its praticulary classical masqerading as heavy metal.

and i agree, o Fortuna would rock, as would moonlight sonnata, the greatest piano piece ever written.
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster
    "...Shut up. The cycle of nature and your stupid plan don't mean
    a thing. Aeris is gone. Aeris will no longer talk, no longer laugh,
    cry...... or get angry...... What about us...... what are WE supposed
    to do? What about my pain? My fingers are tingling. My mouth is dry. My
    eyes are burning!" Cloud- FF7

The instrumental introduction of "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood", by Santa Esmeralda. Tarantino uses it in the Beatrix-O'Ren fight at the end of Kill Bill I, which is why that scene always reminds me of a Megaman boss fight.

oh yeah that is fantastic piece. i also nominate the piece played during the anime section when O-RENS family are murdered.

ohhh and half the time spliters 2 soundtrack!! such beauty, espically sibera and notradarme.
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster

Oooh, "Il Grande Duele, Part I" by Luis Bacalov. I don't know if it would fit a boss fight - it tells more of a story rather than a fight... but then again, it is called "The Grand Duel", so there's gotta be something to it.

And, uh, Moonlight Sonata? What are you thinking? You don't fight to the Moonlight Sonata. It's slow, quiet, and peaceful for a reason. (Many reasons actually, one being DON'T FIGHT TO THIS SONG. )

it would form a similar situation to aeris theme played during the jenova life fight in ff7. if the fight was tinged with tragedy then the first movement in my opinion could be a very emotional boss fight.

Fair enough - it would have to be reiterated throughout the game for it to carry meaning. And for a FINAL boss fight, I just don't think it could work.

Spaz's House Destruction Party by Anti-Flag. that would be a fun boss battle.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> "Still In the Dark" Guilty Gear X/XX OST, this was the "boss" theme for Eddie in some GGXX story mode.. Just hear that awesome track make me want to play countless battles to death..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Symphony X- Inferno (Unleash the Fire)

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Mikey used to say "The End is the Beginning is the End" by the Smashing Pumpkins. I agreed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Chainsaw
    I've got to say Mozart's O Fortuna would make the most awesome final battle song of all time. My friend heard it for the first time on Friday. He asked me what game it was from. I told him it was Mozart and he said he'd never heard it before.
    It's not Mozart. It's Carl Orff.

Pumpkin's '1979' would be good final boss music.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

O Fortuna is from Carmina Burana, written by Orff (as Kishi has pointed out) in the 1930s.

Actually, it's been used as "final boss" music already. The lyrics to FFVII's One Winged Angel were all taken from various verses of Carmina Burana.[q=aeris2001x2]i,d also pick mozart air on a g-string[/q]That's by JS Bach.

Any of the grand, dark pipe organ works would be good. Bach, Music God that he is, wrote no truly ominous organ music. His is all bright and pleasant, but there's some suitable stuff out there from other composers.

The song Sehnsucht by Rammstein would make a good 'boss fight' track, but the effect would be spoiled a little for any listeners with a good grasp of German. Still, the song's got a great mixture of styles, and a really intense, rapid feel.

There are also a heap of piano solos that'd work very well, though I can't remember them off the top of my head.

Arnold Schönberg and Igor Stravinsky wrote some brilliant atonal music that'd add a heck of a lot to many a boss battle. There's plenty of brutal pagan imagery in The Rite of Spring to spice up the Ultimate Climactic Fight of Doom™.

if memory permits, J.S. Bachs prelude in C minor was ominous on an organ. i think...

Smells Like Teen Spirit minus the vocals.

Achilles' Last Stand, also minus vocals.

Movement 4 of the New World Symphony.