View Poll Results: Who's the last boss?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Braska's Final Aeon

25 75.76%
  • Yu Yevon

8 24.24%

Thread: It must be done: Who is the last boss?

Eoff + Fabio = Win Lord Chainsaw's Avatar

Default It must be done: Who is the last boss?

Now keep in mind we're never going to truly reach a definite answer on this subject. There is no clear-cut answer, only people's opinions.

I simply want to see which side has the majority of the opinions.

I'm sticking with my belief that Jecht is the last boss. The battle with Yu Yevon is as the battle with no-shirt Sephiroth was in Final Fantasy VII. That is, not really a battle.

Nobody calls No-shirt Sephiroth the final boss of FFVII, so why do some people insist that Yu Yevon is the final boss of FFX? It isn't possible to lose to either. (Well, it is possible to get a game over on Yevon, but you have to make it happen yourself by stoning your own characters.)

I just want to see some opinions here. Who's the last boss of Final Fantasy X?

To hell with Battletoads and Double Dragon.
    THIS is the ultimate team.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> The final boss is Yu-Yevon, If you dont kill Yu-Yevon then Sin would appear again and again and again and again....
    Yu-Yevon is a lame final boss but not a pointless final boss like FFIX Necron.
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

The same applies to shirtless Sephiroth of FFVII. If you don't kill No-Shirt, you don't really end anything. Yet he's not considered the final boss, Safer Sephiroth is. The same should apply to FFX.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

When I think boss, I think something that takes effort. Yu-Yevon doesn't take effort. He was simply there to end things. They could have made him a boss where you weren't completely invincible, but they chose not to. They just used that string of "battles" to tie in the ending.

'cos it's as long as a battle, just you cant lose, unlike no shirt sephy who dies in one hit.

Yeah, Braska's Final Aeon is the "final boss". Yu Yevon is simply there as part of the storyline. And in response to your remarks, Lord Chainsaw, how would you petrify (I assume that what's you meant when you said "stone") your own characters? Isn't that impossible?
    "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving." --Colossians 3:23-24

Braska's Final Aeon. The fayth and Yu Yevon battles are nothing more than story scenes, like [spoilers]Kain fighting Cecil at Fabul in FFIV.[/spoilers]
    "You may say that though Zanarkand is gone from this world, it lives on in the song."

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'd say Yu Yevon, still a battle even if you can't die. Although neither fight required more than one overdrive for me, and both were pointless if you bothered to level at all, so it doesn't really matter.
    rawr

Braska's Final Aeon is the final difficult boss, but isn't it possible to die fighting the Aeons? In that case, whichever of those you fight last.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuchullain
    Braska's Final Aeon is the final difficult boss, but isn't it possible to die fighting the Aeons? In that case, whichever of those you fight last.
    I'm pretty sure you have Auto-Life during that part of the battle as well.

I see Yu Yevon as the final boss. I really liked the concept of Yevon being the big evil behind everything. When I first saw him flying around as a sort of cloud I thought it was pretty cool. You just couldn't quite make him out, keeping his air of mystery about him. Although I admit he looked pathetic, it was quite nice irony that his appearance was the very Yevon symbol you saw throughout the entire game. I like to think of the Auto-Life thing as Yevon's way of being "neither good nor evil", as the Bahamut Fayth describes him. I would actually go as far as to say I like the Yu Yevon character if he had had some dialogue or something, or you got to meet him in his human form.

I will do this. Nothing in my life matters except this. No moment in my life exists except this moment. I am born in this moment, and if I fail, I will die in this moment.

Eoff + Fabio = Win Lord Chainsaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber
    Yeah, Braska's Final Aeon is the "final boss". Yu Yevon is simply there as part of the storyline. And in response to your remarks, Lord Chainsaw, how would you petrify (I assume that what's you meant when you said "stone") your own characters? Isn't that impossible?
    It was funny as hell when I did it. I made sure to give everyone weapons that petrify when they hit. I wacked my own characters with these weapons during the fight until only Auron was left. After that I had Auron smack himself and he stoned. Game Over.

To hell with Battletoads and Double Dragon.
    THIS is the ultimate team.

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm definitley going with Braska's Final Aeon. I wouldn't consider an overgrown ladybug the final boss.

--Box Box Box Box

Sky Blue Sky Recognized Member Trumpet Thief's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

Is say Braska's Final Aeon. Even if you could die, it would be extremely easy. And there are so many easy ways of defeating Yu Yevon as well (i.e. basting reflect, or my personal favorite, casting zombie... hehehe) Is ay Braska's Final Aeon should be the Final Boss, because Yu Yevon was way too easy.

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

I'll say Braska's Final Aeon is the last boss. When I beat a last boss, I usually think, "Yes! Now I've beat this game!" And I think that way after beating Jecht (and Safer Sephiroth). Story-wise, Yu Yevon could be called the main enemy. Gameplay-wise though, Braska's Final Aeon is the final boss.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi