Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Farenheit 9/11

...spoken like a rabid conservative. Nice.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

You havent even seen the movie yet. See it before you bash it, or don't bash it. I really don't care if you don't like the man, and immeadiatly writing off everything he's said as dumb because you dont agree with some other things he's said seems, well, dumb.

But you're entitled to your opinion. Hate the man all you want.

And, frankly, I agree with what Micheal Moore says about the American people. We are dumb. Most of us dont read the paper, we dont bother to find out about what's going on in the world, we're self-centered and egocentric. We're dumb. And you'll notice he includes himself in those statements. That's why he makes these movies and writes these books, because it does all the footwork and digging that your average American (myself included) doesnt want to spend the time to do.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAbominatrix
    You havent even seen the movie yet. See it before you bash it, or don't bash it. I really don't care if you don't like the man, and immeadiatly writing off everything he's said as dumb because you dont agree with some other things he's said seems, well, dumb.

But you're entitled to your opinion. Hate the man all you want.

And, frankly, I agree with what Micheal Moore says about the American people. We are dumb. Most of us dont read the paper, we dont bother to find out about what's going on in the world, we're self-centered and egocentric. We're dumb. And you'll notice he includes himself in those statements. That's why he makes these movies and writes these books, because it does all the footwork and digging that your average American (myself included) doesnt want to spend the time to do.
    I actually wish there were more people like Michael Moore.

Anyone who has lived in the US and gone through college and communicated with the daily people in their lives sees the truth in Moore's statements. We are pretty dumb. Our education policy is based off of German school organization. The Japanese outsell most American vehicles and electronics and currently dominates the US gaming market. See, I don't mind when people in the US accuse the US of being dumb, but it's so damn annoying when you get those UK bashers who claim the US is dumb.

Most Americans in this country just stock groceries, work on cars, and do other manual labor and because of their lack of education, it's so easy to sway them into patriotism and nationalism. It's really the older American generation(mainly our parents' generation) that sees themselves as "elite" in some intellectual form or another. Not only that, Americans are lazy. We don't need to see how fat half of America is to realize that. I know many of America's parents can hardly help their children with Algebra, and the only reason why some of them have good-paying jobs is because of seniority, more so than hard work and intelligence. Many of them couldn't even copy and paste for crying out loud. Then you have this whole stupid Atkins diet thing...it's all for a quick fix to a problem that should be solved over time, not over night.

But eh...I'm an advocate for Michael Moore. We don't need anymore Rush Limbaughs in this country...that much I can live with.

Yes, you are right. I can't bash Farenheit 9/11 due to the fact I haven't seen it yet but his opinions that I don't agree on DO play a huge role on his credibility for me.
    I can't seem to veiw or read anything of his without finding myself disgusted. He's taken ever oppurtunity to bash Bush in the past and I don't see this as being anything different. If he wants to make a document on 9/11, fine by me. I'm sure there'll be LOTS of them in the future by others. However, I find it hard to take his work seriously when he says how stupid we are and OBVIOUSLY points FUN ( FUN AT IN A LONDON CLUB!!!! MAKING PEOPLE LAUGH AT THOSE WHO ARE DEAD TO SAVE LIVES! ) at those on Flight 93. I don't care if GOD said it, I'd still be pissed off. I don't get angry at those quotes because they are HIS alone. Trust me. There are other idiots in the world I don't like. ^_^-
    I'm not bashing anyone else's opinion but just stating mine. And yes, I am a rabid conservative.

Edit - Oh yeah. You are right. We don't need anymore Limbaughs since the one we have alone is great enough. We could use a few more Sean Hannitys though. ^_^ By the way, since the whole point of this thread is to dicuss the MOVIE itself and not Michael Moore I'll stop posting in here and make a seperate thread if ranting about the man becomes amusing. Sorry!!
    Last edited by Fuzakeru; 06-26-2004 at 12:26 AM. Reason: Realized I had no business posting here since I hadn't seen the movie. XD!
    Do you Wanna Build a Snowman?

-= It doesn't have to be a snowman... =-

We need more Moore more than we need more Limbaughs, I think. *nod*

BTW, anyone else find it funny that some guy is coming out with an anti-Micheal Moore documentary? Someone has too much time on his hands....

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzakeru
    We don't need anymore Limbaughs since the one we have alone is great enough.
    Yeah, considering the guy's a racist moron.

Of course everything I say here is just gonna get me pegged as a rabid liberal which is definatly true.

I really want to see this movie. I've read that alot of the stuff in the movie most people would already know by watching the news. Well I have kept up with some of it, so I know pretty much what to expect, expecially since its from Moore, who could be considered OUR Rush Limbaugh if you will . Racist comments or no, the man is right. We are stupid. We are one of the worst educated countries on the planet. Although I do believe making a comment about people who died is stepping over the line.
    lol signature

Sky Blue Sky Recognized Member Trumpet Thief's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

I agree with everything you have been saying The Abominatrix, and I do recommend this movie to everyone. He had exposed many things about the Bush Administration, which at the beginning, no one believed, until they saw them slip themselves.

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Disliking Moore's opinions is fine, but ignoring the facts he reveals (yes, <i>facts</i>, feel free to double check them) is shutting yourself off in a bubble and ignoring the truth.

And, as I said before, Moore doesnt spend all of the movie bashing Bush. It's obvious that he doesnt like him, but he reveals all the facts he's found out and moves on to the goings on in Iraq. I dont blame him for bashing a man who ignores a security briefing labeled 'Al Queda plans to attack a U.S. target in the near future' (or something to that effect), in fact ignores terrorism threats completly, until the proverbial crap hits the fan.

Quote Originally Posted by jebusabsolute
    Of course everything I say here is just gonna get me pegged as a rabid liberal which is definatly true.
    Something to be proud of, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Graves
    LKooks interesting, but I think documentaries are rental material, and not anything to go to the theatre over.

Gotta give the guy credit for risking his reputation to speak his mind, though. Not many people have that kind of courage.

Exactly, Im not going to see this movie in theaters, and its a left wing movie, and so are all the hollywood movie stars, and except a few maybe... Like Mel Gibson, Bruce Willis,Kurt Russel,Arnold Schwarzenegger,Charlton Heston, and Tom Selleck. ETC. This movie deserves to be rented though. Even though most of hollywood is liberal, they do make some good movies, politics and making movies are two different things though, this one is clearly a political movie.

More on Moore and Fahrenheit 9/11 - From NewsMax

It's clear that Michael Moore has gone off the deep end when even Democrats compare him to the Nazis' master of propaganda:

"Hollywood agent and Kerry supporter Tom Baer told me, 'Kerry should flee Moore's movie. It's Goebbels all over again." This quotation comes not from Ann Coulter or Sean Hannity or Rush Limbaugh but from a column in the Washington Post by Tina Brown, a queen of the liberal media establishment.

Christopher Hitchens, a contributor to such partisan publications as New Left Review and The Nation, writes for Slate: "Fahrenheit 9/11 is a sinister exercise in moral frivolity, crudely disguised as an exercise in seriousness. It is also a spectacle of abject political cowardice masking itself as a demonstration of 'dissenting' bravery."

Andrew Sullivan, a former editor at the liberal New Republic: "Moore is beneath contempt."

Unpostmodernizeable Shadow Nexus's Avatar

It's clear that Michael Moore has gone off the deep end when even Democrats compare him to the Nazis' master of propaganda:

"Hollywood agent and Kerry supporter Tom Baer told me, 'Kerry should flee Moore's movie. It's Goebbels all over again." This quotation comes not from Ann Coulter or Sean Hannity or Rush Limbaugh but from a column in the Washington Post by Tina Brown, a queen of the liberal media establishment.

Christopher Hitchens, a contributor to such partisan publications as New Left Review and The Nation, writes for Slate: "Fahrenheit 9/11 is a sinister exercise in moral frivolity, crudely disguised as an exercise in seriousness. It is also a spectacle of abject political cowardice masking itself as a demonstration of 'dissenting' bravery."

Andrew Sullivan, a former editor at the liberal New Republic: "Moore is beneath contempt."

Good!

I'll watch the movie and then decide. Well, when it comes in Spain. If it's only half as good as Bowling for Columbine it will be worth it.

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

And there's just as many good reviews, which I dont feel like going and grabbing and copy-pasting, but they're around. I really wish you'd at least watch the movie. Even if only to prove your point. I read conservative books and such, to find a happy medium in the truth between both sides.

-sighs a little- You know, you have a point. It was a little childish to post that I suppose. Alright, I don't suppose - it was childish and I apologize for it because it lowers my credibility.
    However, I DO read things from a more liberal standpoint. I'm not closed minded in my beliefs but am about Michael Moore after reading and viewing his documents and his books. I WILL go and see this movie so my opinions about the movie itself aren't idle.
    In fairness of it all here are more reviews.

Unpostmodernizeable Shadow Nexus's Avatar

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/Fahrenheit911-1133649/

Well, for now it's getting good reviews.