Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Farenheit 9/11

This was a great movie. i saw it last night. not only did it reveal the bush administrations greed, lies, and attrrocities, it was actaully entertaining, and at times. funny. everyone, liberal or conservative, should see this movie before november. there are facts in this movie that are hard to ignore.

and most of those facts are inflated
    SIg removed for exceeding 250 pixel height

that doesnt change the fact that they are, in fact, facts.
    Last edited by nik0tine; 06-26-2004 at 04:58 PM.

and for good reason. even if you don't like moore, it was still entertaining. he did a good job.

Quote Originally Posted by nik0tine
    that doesnt change the fact that they are, in fact, facts.
    if they were in flated they wouldnt be facts

they would be facts, just inflated facts.

michael moore is one of the poorest excuses for a documentarian ever. he bends and inflates facts, meaning they are only half-truths which he uses to his advantage. most documentaries are supposed to take an objective stance in order to find the truth. moore openly admits he did not take an objective stance, and as a result

nearly every part of bowling for columbine was one falsehood or another. Even he admitted to taking certain liberties when dealing with glaring inaccuracies in that movie.

for example, in BoC when he was comparing gun cases of foreign countries to the U.S, he only counted violent crimes commited with a firearm of other countries. For the united states, he inflated that number, not only including violent crimes, but accidents, self-defense cases, police retaliations and defenses, and any instance where injury resulted and a gun was present.

dozens of examples like these permeate his movies. mark taylor, one of the kids from columbine, has actively spoken out against moore, saying he lied and manipulated him to get his way. what kind of sick human being manipulated children to get his point across?

he is canadian, not american. He makes no effort to support anything america does nor does he invest any sort of patriotism in his films. they are not to help american left patriots, they are there to inspire hatred for america. he accepts money from the canadian government, and other special interest groups linked to terrorist groups like the hezbollah.

http://www.bowlingfortruth.com/

Well, before any of you can claim what's fact and what's not, none of you have the right to claim anything that is right or wrong.

None of you were in the White House during September 11th. Even if some of you watched entire newscasts after 9/11, it was all 2nd hand information that has a chance for error.

So inflated facts or not, none of you can truly know.

Moore, Hannity, Limbaugh, Franken, they're all blowhards. Ask any of them a question and they'll seize the opportunity to prove their superior intelligence over the masses and also give in a dig against the other side. Frankly, we could do without all of them, since neither accomplishes anything besides getting people angry and screwing up progress if you ask me. The only way America is going to get through this situation in Iraq is IF we unite. Our defining power is our stubborness, our desire to not give up. However, if every Republican and Democrat only wants to yell at one another, we're going nowhere fast.

What perplexes me is this:

Hannity and his folk like to say that Liberals are just as bad as the terrorists because of some sort of funding scheme or whatever. Yet, if I was to turn this around, and say Conservatives are as bad as terrorists because of their own corrupt acts that have occurred, I'd be labeled a traitor probably. How exactly does that work? I recall somehere that what happened was Democrats allowed Republicans to set the debate and have forever since been playing catch up. To me, that makes sense, as Democrats are always and forever seen as the "scared", whilst Republicans are seen as the "Agressive".

Heck yes we're all different, with different opinions and I don't think any one of us knows more than another when it comes to which side is better or knows more. I don't think the people on either side know, but they know how to flaunt their egos.

What I believe, and what I think should be the basic, underlying principle in America right now, is what John McCain said:
    "Whether we like it or not, we're in there and we MUST succeed now. Be it Kerry or Bush who gets us through this, we can't let Iraq turn into Vietnam II."

I think it's time to put aside basic differences of philosophy and find answers instead of fault in either political party. We need to help as many people as we can, and arguing ideology isn't going to help that.

I was against the war from the beginning, but my belief now is that if we're in it THIS deep, we've got to do the best we can. However, those responsible for lies and any sort of wrong-doing during this process should be brought to justice, and that includes people in our government right now. We need fresh ideas, and real truly benevolent acts to make any sort of progress. I sincerely hope someone out there steps up and finds them.

Take care all.

Scatter, Senbonzakura... DocFrance's Avatar

I can't comment on this movie because I haven't seen it yet, but I absolutely refuse to give that pathetic excuse for a documentarian any of my money. Besides, if I saw it and spoke my mind about it here, I'd probably just get dismissed as a "rabid conservative," since that seems to be the case here with anyone holding a dissenting opinion.

I refuse to see it.
    ARGUMENT FROM GUITAR MASTERY
    (1) Eric Clapton is God.
    (2) Therefore, God exists.

Unpostmodernizeable Shadow Nexus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocFrance
    Besides, if I saw it and spoke my mind about it here, I'd probably just get dismissed as a "rabid conservative," since that seems to be the case here with anyone holding a dissenting opinion.
    Don't worry, man, you'd still be my favourite rabid conservative in the forum.

Scatter, Senbonzakura... DocFrance's Avatar

Aw, jeez, you're makin' me blush.

You're my favorite bleeding-heart liberal
    ARGUMENT FROM GUITAR MASTERY
    (1) Eric Clapton is God.
    (2) Therefore, God exists.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Created Eyes on Final Fantasy
    • Former Administrator

My biggest gripe with this movie is that people call it a documentary when it is clearly not so. In his movies, he twists facts and to change the movie to his advantage. Example: The bank didn't really give out guns in bowling for Colombine, they gave a voucher to bring to the local sports store.

Unpostmodernizeable Shadow Nexus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocFrance
    Aw, jeez, you're makin' me blush.

You're my favorite bleeding-heart liberal
    We could be a comedian duet!!! Or comedian couple. Or whatever it's called.

My biggest gripe with this movie is that people call it a documentary when it is clearly not so. In his movies, he twists facts and to change the movie to his advantage. Example: The bank didn't really give out guns in bowling for Colombine, they gave a voucher to bring to the local sports store.
    You can say it's an opinion column in the form of documentary, really. The example you put is good to show how he twists the facts, yet in the end giving a voucher to get a gun is more or less like giving the gun. There is this site called "bowling for truth" where they attempt to explain the parts of the documentary that were manipulated, and it brings up many interesting points, but also has many errors and counter-arguments that can be also be considered biased (Yes, I've read plenty of that site, and they twist some stuff too).

Still, despite this kind of biased informations he gives, he also brings up many interesting points to take into account. After all, it is true that death by guns is more present in USA than in other western countries, even in he inflated some numbers. And personally, I was rather surprised to find out there are malls in USA selling bullets like that. Well, it would feel strange for me to enter Caprabo and see they are selling bullets...